Heart's Content [Planning](Closed)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Urobeat

Heart's Content [Planning](Closed)

#1 Post by Urobeat »

Eh, I'm bad at intros so let's jump to the meaty parts.

---The Game---
Title: Heart's Content
Genre: Yet, another dating simulation... that has crossovers.
-The game is going to have a staggering amount of characters, ranging from 10-20. Guys and Girls, but mostly aimed at the male audience.
-No stat building
-An inventory system, money system, and a rumor system (helps find out about other characters)
-Negative actions can actually influence characters (for example if you are already have a girlfriend and decided to sneak around, then... things will happen.) both in a temporary and permanent format.
-Love Love stuff like declaring a girlfriend, dates, you get the point.
-The idea of a H-game sounds nice, but I decided not and plan this game clean as possible. Suggestible themes might be the only dirty thing I assume.
-Popular Anime characters

---The Mission?---
You are a person who loves to watch anime and manga who has to unfortunately start freshman year in high school. But what if instead of normal people, characters from your beloved worlds ARE your classmates? I'm incorporating a original story to go with the flow, can't tell you about it though.

---The Art?---
Basically, I'll be "borrowing," from already made creations. The main mission for me is to see if I can develop a game. Expect your favorite characters from anime and what not. Backgrounds are going to be photography heavy, to have the you're still in the real world effect. Copyright violation you say, but I don't plan to sell this game for profit (yeah its free) and probably most likely doing it for my benefit.

---Sounds?---
Once again, the meat is mainly going to be in the code and story, and not the sounds, so expect some music (both copyrighted and non-copyright)

---Why are you doing this?---
Well, I originally accomplished one of my life goals and decided that is not good enough. So one day in a very clear dream, lines of code, menu placement, and event triggers were shown in front of my face so I decided I HAVE to create a game. Of course this is a "fan based" game, but we shall see. Plus Japan gets all the good stuff, why can't we have some as well. I never played Kingdom of Hearts and I liked the idea of the Square/Disney combo so I figured why not.

---Aren't you going to quit mid-way or something?---
Hell no. I like to work on something until its complete so expect this project to be DONE.

---Need some help?---
Right now, I plan to do everything by myself (coding, story, images, sound). If I see help might be needed then it is most likely going to be in the art department (finding specific pictures) and Quality Checkers (seeing if the script said in-game matches the specific anime), but definitely no recruitment while I am in the Planning Phase (don't hesitate to offer services though).

---But...but...---
Comments, questions, ideas, and marriage proposals are gladly accepted, I figured as a one man team, I can be ever so flexible.

Progress Releases are mostly going to be weekly or daily depending on amount of work done.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Heart's Content [Planning](Closed)

#2 Post by LVUER »

Twe... twenty people? Wow, that's gonna be a hard work, especially if you do it alone. Good luck though ^_^

So which anime's girls will you add to the game?
May be popular ones like Evangelion, Lucky Star, SRWOG (Kazuha...!)?

May be you shouldn't add girls from already harem anime.

Urobeat

Re: Heart's Content [Planning](Closed)

#3 Post by Urobeat »

LVUER wrote:Twe... twenty people? Wow, that's gonna be a hard work, especially if you do it alone. Good luck though ^_^

So which anime's girls will you add to the game?
May be popular ones like Evangelion, Lucky Star, SRWOG (Kazuha...!)?

May be you shouldn't add girls from already harem anime.
Most likely characters that are already in high school / around that age. I'll try to keep the age consistent. Of course if it is 20 people then they won't be all accessible like on the first day of the game so I'll try to make some sort of defined path. Probably around 2 characters per selected anime is the ideal goal and to provide a wide range of characters. I'll have to think about the harem anime characters though, because some has good potential, but the thing is they already are focused on their own VN's (Kanon, Shuffle) kind of a good/bad scenario there.

Right now the current pool is:
-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
-Lucky Star
-Full Metal Panic?
-Azumanga Daioh
-School Rumble?
-Bleach?
-and others

I might need to start to watch more anime for more characters or that is when the QC'er comes in.

Ponderings and Progress
I tried to toy with the idea of a battle system, but I figured it is too much work and if it turns out to be a universal game then there won't be exactly an area of expertise. So a definite no on the battle system (well maybe a simple one for one of the characters...)

I already did some of the planning, locations, menus before I even wrote the introductory post so even more motivation to keep continuing! Right now I am stuck in locations, mainly because I don't know which option to decide (should I make them so the player can visit any of the following on a date or should I make them hidden and the A.I. chooses for them.) The good thing about the player choice is more freedom, but then again the A.I. might be easier to code. Maybe a half-half system should do (depending on the character's Guts). Guts is one part of the hidden characteristics that determine how the A.I. will play throughout the game (example- A nosy, energetic person might be the first one to start a conversation/ pick places for the dates will have higher Guts than a bookworm) Location places hmmmm probably places where high schoolers would go (like a cafe, disco? lol, and a Manga/Anime Store).