Yulithz no Yûutsu* project!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
NoNo

Yulithz no Yûutsu* project!

#1 Post by NoNo »

"oeko"ek
Last edited by NoNo on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wintermoon
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Yulithz no Yûutsu* project!

#2 Post by Wintermoon »

The name "Yulithz" stands out as obviously not being Japanese, and not being pronouncable in either Japanese or English. For all I know it could be a common French name, but I would still change it. It looks terribly out of place in the otherwise Japanese title.

klang

#3 Post by klang »

Thanks to a website called Word Reference, I might try reading it once it's done.

If the link you showed was the opening, then what's the other Yulithz movie from?
= 口=

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#4 Post by Samu-kun »

This looks pretty cool. The quality and volume of the character art is pretty impressive. And the backgrounds, even if it doesn't look like you made them yourself, fit in well. It's a good thing I can read French. :3

#5 Post by Guest »

(>'.')>
The name "Yulithz" stands out as obviously not being Japanese, and not being pronouncable in either Japanese or English. For all I know it could be a common French name, but I would still change it. It looks terribly out of place in the otherwise Japanese title.
lol, This is not a french name but some Novels or Mangas doesn't have a real name. For example Arcueid Brunestud of Tsukihime : Arukueido Buryunsutaddo, isn't it ?.
We would like a a name who doesn't exist. In fact, the real name of Yulithz is Yulizh ans it's a celtic name.
The prunonciation for Yulithz is "Youleets" in English.
If the link you showed was the opening, then what's the other Yulithz movie from?
It was juste a test by Haruka*, to see a little the software to the video.

^^

NoNo

#6 Post by NoNo »

(>'.')> Sorry, the preview message was mine.

Wintermoon
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Wintermoon »

The problem isn't that the name is made-up but that it unpronouncable. Arcueid Brunestud is obviously a "foreign" (non-Japanese) name with a foreign sound, but its pronunciation is obvious when spelled in katakana as アルクェイド・ブリュ ンスタッド (or when romanized as Arukueido Buryunsutaddo). Yulithz is also obviously not Japanese, but without the katakana (or romanized katakana) spelling, I have no idea how to pronounce it. My best guess would be ユリスズ (Yurisuzu). Again, the "thz" ending may be obvious to a French speaker, but it would not be obvious to either an English speaker or a Japanese speaker.

Mikan
Veteran

#8 Post by Mikan »

Is the title supposed to be a reference to Suzumiya?

Anyway, I'd stick to a fully English title, only because it'd make my game easier to talk about.
The Japanese think it's really cool to have a title in a foreign language too.
(Rozen Maiden? Code Geass? Gurren Lagann? Sailor Moon? Oh yes, they have almost an OBSESSION with all things foreign yet Japanese-compatible)

maselphie
Regular
Projects: By The Lake, Seraphine

#9 Post by maselphie »

I love the title, personally. And if nothing else, people will see it and recognize it simply because they can't pronounce it immediately. That's better advertisement than some boring plain title! ^^
I have switched accounts to Aleema.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#10 Post by Samu-kun »

Speaking of the title, what's up with the * at the end? I keep expecting to find a small print somewhere on the bottom of the page saying *reading this title now means you have now sold your brain to me. XD

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#11 Post by monele »

In french, you'd pronounce it "yewleets". In english, I supposed it'd be "yooleets" if you want. Thus... ユリツ. there :)

I like the character art too and while I'm not fond of of the "yulithz" word itself, I don't think it's fair to say Arcueid Brunestud is better... I thought it was one hellishly weird name the first time I saw it (and there were no katakanas in sight to *know* how the japanese pronounced it either :P)

honoreixix
Regular

#12 Post by honoreixix »

cool vid, needs polishing but looks great...

you can make it a parody of melty blood...

yeah, i love that song... i used it too... xp
I'm hidden and no one expects much of me... I just hope I don't disappoint anyone...
I'd rather fail doing something I love than succeed doing something I hate...

NoNo

#13 Post by NoNo »

In japanese it would be "Yuritsu", I think. <('.'<)

For the *, it's like that that with our pseudo and a little everywhere xD.
This makes me think has a flower.

Yûutsu is not a reference to Suzumiya Haruhi no yûutsu but the title is from it.
Yulithz no Yûutsu is a - sorry, I don't know the word in english - "jeu de mots" (game of word ?) with YU of Yulithz and Yûutsu cause the story is about here.

Jake
Support Hero

#14 Post by Jake »

NoNo wrote: sorry, I don't know the word in english - "jeu de mots" (game of word ?)
(As it goes, I think "play on words" or "wordplay" would probably be the phrase you're looking for. Pretty similar in meaning to the French. ;-))
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#15 Post by LVUER »

Good video, the first half has somewhat professional looking. The BG is good but some characters have lower quality than others.

At later half of the video, one girl character shifting around in the screen too much making it strange. AND...
a mysterious character flashing when the characters appearing in fast sequence... really kills the mood and eliminating the professional feeling ^_^