Lost n' Looted! [Short, little RPG, Fantasy]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
lovebby
Regular
Deviantart: lovebby

Lost n' Looted! [Short, little RPG, Fantasy]

#1 Post by lovebby »

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\/\\
Lost n Looted!
\\STORY//
    • You play as a young girl by the name of Lindren ((I'm not sure of her name yet but name will probably be changeable in game). When she finds herself too far from home one day, Lindren realizes she's lost and unsure of how to get back home. After a light rest, she awakens to see her stuff has been stolen! Cold and lost, whatever will Lindren do! Guide Lindren through her homeland of Ardun during the cold season, fighting off monsters and locating her things, trying to stay warm, all while trying to get home in a timely manner! Wow that sounds a bit corny, but I think it got the job done...;;;

\\YEAH//
    • I've had thought of this idea about a year ago, and while I did try to work out some of the story a while back, I dropped it for being too busy and the like. Which I'm glad I'm revamping it, I personally I think I've improved a tad on her design and the story a bit. It's set in a fantasy world, one that I've created for my (other)characters and have been meaning to elaborate on, but tackling huge projects don't seem to be the right way for me, so little projects here we are!
\\CHARACTERS//

ImageImage
    • This is just a concept of the sprite, it could change entirely by the time I'm done.
      I have yet to come up with other human characters lol. There shouldn't be more than two other though, max I think.
\\PROGRESS//
    • I just started re-working things, and doodled up some thoughts.
      I will be doing the art and story by myself, I will find something for music!

Story : 10%
      Art : 5 %
      Music 0%
\\PLANS//
    • This is meant to be a small game, so from the list below, if these things are able to be in the game, they're going to be extremely simple if there at all!
      tracking system (to find looted items lol)
      inventory system (keeping track of looted items found)
      battle system (fending off monsters moreso)
      keeping her warm and fed (survivalll)
      multiple choices
      different endings
//Q/A FOR YOU!\\
    • I don't mind if you're going to be completely honest and hurt my feelings with this, it's good to take all kinds of feedback! :lol:
      Answer as many a you'd like!

1.// Initial thoughts?
      2.// How's the story resting with you? Do you like it, dislike it!
      3.// Lost n' Looted, Looted, or other? What do you think of the name? I'm terrible with naming and logos!
      4.// What feature would you like to see under the Plans section? Which feature do you NOT want to see?
      5.// Lindren! What are you thoughts on her so far? Like the name? Would you like a customization name?
      6.// Those shadows of monsters, what are they? Do they look silly?
      7.// Would you might be interested in helping out with proofreading? I'm a bit self conscious about my writing!
      8.// Lasting comments, questions, critiques!

Thank you so much for taking a look at this here little thread!

SrPantalonesdefuego

Re: Lost n' Looted! [Short, little RPG, Fantasy]

#2 Post by SrPantalonesdefuego »

Hello! I'm very new to this all, I'd like to soon consider myself a voice over artist and a background artist but really at the moment I'm just getting myself acquainted with the basics of both (Although I am both a theatre major and physical artist). So don't take my opinion as that of a professional by far.

Initial thoughts?
I think its a great idea, I'd love to play a little game like that! Its simple but also seems super fun with the potential to be very silly.
How's the story resting with you? Do you like it, dislike it!
I like the premise except maybe there should be more context behind the story although this may not really matter depending on the length of the game. The only concern I would have is to be careful as to make it not seem too sexual-assulty in the event that someone sees it as such and is upset. Beyond that i like the idea.
Lost n' Looted, Looted, or other? What do you think of the name? I'm terrible with naming and logos!
I'm fine with the current title although there is always room to improve upon titles in my opinion. (I can never decide when a title is good enough)
What feature would you like to see under the Plans section? Which feature do you NOT want to see?
I love the multiple endings thing, Its always good to see a game with more than one outcome, I'm kind of interested in playing around with a points system based off of responses she gives to people or reactions to certain stimuli that influence the ending and how people/ situations respond to the main character. (eg chaotic good, neutral evil etc)
Lindren! What are you thoughts on her so far? Like the name? Would you like a customization name?
Intresting name! I do like it although if you are looking for any different names I have a few fantasy based ones that I like to keep in my pocket:
Adorellan, Aelrindel, Aglanthol, Belanor, Belstram, Dalyor, Elaith, Estelar, Gaeleath, Ilbryn etc. (I have more if you would like to hear them)
Also yes, have a customization name would be optimal in the occasion that the player does not like whichever name you settle on or if they just want to have their own or be silly in naming their character.
Those shadows of monsters, what are they? Do they look silly?
Again, as with the rest of the game it has the opportunity to be very silly or very not silly depending of course on whichever course you take in designing. Currently, yes I would describe the shadows as silly. If that is what you are going for then great! if not, I would recommend sharper edges to the shadows with more limb distortion.
Would you might be interested in helping out with proofreading? I'm a bit self conscious about my writing!
I would be willing to help out in any aspect of the project that I am capable of! As I said, I am very new to this forum and to both voice acting and digital art however I do tend to learn very fast and I have a high quality microphone coming in the mail (In the event that you would like any voice overs done) and I recently downloaded and am learning to use InkScape. This would be my first project if you agree for me to help out. Although I do not have a professional grade reel I would be willing to send you samples of my writing, voices done with a cheap laptop audio device, and also art done in mediums besides digital.
Lasting comments, questions, critiques!
All in all I believe that this has the potential to be a very fun little game as well as something that could be put on a resume in the future. I would definitely invest some time into playing this! If you do decide to take me on please keep in mind that I may take a longer time than some professional or even non professional people on this site however I will put a great deal of effort in and am currently willing to work for free.