Sexy times [BXB][Time Travel]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Drewz
Regular

Sexy times [BXB][Time Travel]

#1 Post by Drewz »

Hello !

This idea, if developed would be my first visual novel. I'm actually quite hyped about it and would love your input about it.

So first thing first; this will probably be a short VN, with four easily bangable (not-datable) guys. I must admit there won't be much story behind it as this is mostly so i can get a feel of visual novel making. This is also a BL (Boy love) story with adult scenes (a censored version will be published too just for the heck of it; but you'll still be able to see most of it).
As for the plot; it's pretty simple. The protagonist is a pervert mad scientist who is making a time travel machine for the sole purpose of ... (yeah you guessed it) : having sex with long gone legendary figures. The game won't go on the probably twisted psyche of this man who feel the need to have sex with people who died centuries ago; but i thought it'll be a fun way to mess with history and try my hands at differents cultures.

As for the boys, one of them will be King Arthur; that is for sure. I have some ideas of who the other guys might be but i would like your input. Just make sure to keep it diverse; King Arthur would take care of the old Castle/knights/medieval culture and i would be interested in exploring other cultures/times.

Characters :
Theo Bocu:
The protagonist. He is a scientist who focuses on the fourth dimension (time); His main project is a time traveling machine. Theo is a socially awkward twenty something who always had a certain fascination with legendary men from history. As he finish working on the machine, he decides to test it himself by going back in time and meet his idoles. He really ought to think things through first the next time tho; like his awkwardness in social meetings or the fact that history is not always accurate ...

Arthur Pendragon:
The fabled king of Camelot; a warrior that puts great value in honor, humility and strenght ... At least as the legend goes.
Sketch
Image >>->> Image
Dunno how to sketch mail lol. It looks like fur which is funny cuz i never know how to draw fur. Guess i know now x) I wanted to go for more of an anime/manga/yaoi style than what i usually do (which is an hybrid between manga and western comic (see dA)). What style do you prefer?

For the three other guys; i want at least one from Japan (Samurai maybe? Edo-period fan here) and from Eastern culture (Arab/Indian sultan/prince). The final one i'd like your input ;D

So what do you guys think?
Looking forward to your input (:

EDIT : Just saw that the adult section got a WIP section; could this be moved there? :oops:
Last edited by Drewz on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

Re: Sexy times [BXB][Time Travel]

#2 Post by Windchimes »

Damn that sketch/art looks nice. I would comment on whether this looks better than the usual one on your dA but I can't remember my account password anymore...haven't logged on there for ages xD

For the third guy...idk, it just popped into my head because this guy is somewhat very indirectly related to the VN I'm working on atm, but uh...Shakespeare? xD The time period might not be what you want though. Just a suggestion.

Drewz
Regular

#3 Post by Drewz »

Thank you for your input (:
For the artwork in my dA, these are for another VN but i'm really interested to see which style people prefer so you can comment on it here or by PM (here too).
As for Shakespeare, that's a really good idea! I didn't think about it at all xD. However he sound a lot like Arthur culture-wise; medieval England :/ (Altho there are a ten century period between them lol) I was looking forward to trying completely diffrents cultures with each guy. I'll keep him in mind tho for a maybe bonus character.

Ollie
Projects: nothing bc i procrastinate

#4 Post by Ollie »

ROLLS ON FLOOR WHILE GUFFAWING IN MIRTH BECAUSE THIS ENTIRE POST AND GAME IDEA IS FUCKING YES. Holy shit. Gonna be really honest, History is just one of those subjects that I actually like and I love learning about new (to me- I mean) historical figures, even if it's from a yaoi game, ahaha. I really like this entire idea of a socially awkward scientist, given the fact that I relate because I'm truly socially inept:-(. (Also, as a kid, I wanted to be a scientist. Specifically, a 'mad' scientist.)

Just the idea of meeting influential, historical figures (and having amazing buttsex with them) is intriguing; I'd sure like to meet Arthur, tbh. (Though, Merlin x Arthur is the realest OTP.) I think you have a really unique story going here! Slightly disappointed that I won't get to actually date any of the men (but, going by the totally-official time-travel logic, if you were to date a historical figure and you were from the future, I think that would mess up history and reality and just everything, in general.) On the bright side, at least I'd get to fuck them?? That's always a plus.

Okay, so, about the artwork, I had initially just looked at your pfp and was like: wow, I love this person's artwork! But, afterwards, I saw that the game's art style was definitely different (thanksbtwforincludingasketchexample). I like both art styles, albeit I feel like a plethora of VNs have an anime art style and I just love when it varies, y'know? I really like how you drew Arthur and I think he looks adorkable:-). Though, I think your regular style of drawing is just as perfect and, honestly, I wouldn't mind if that was the style you stuck with for the game. (Also, you draw hella fine butts.)

A person from Japan? How about Oda Nobunaga? I'm sure you've probably heard his name before, if you're interested in samurai; he was rather important and he's still an infamous individual. (He isn't the cutest but none of the guys that I'm going to name are, I just have faith that you'll make them hella hot, no matter who you choose.) For another Eastern historical figure, how about Shah Jahan, a Mughal prince? His grandpa was Akbar the Great (wow, ik). Uhm, my memory isn't the most reliable, so, sorry if I mess something up!:-( Well, for my input, personally, I've always been fascinated by people like Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison or even Isaac Newton. So, my input would be a younger Nikola Tesla or Albert Einstein? There's also Wolfgang Mozart, Ludwig van Beethoven, Leonardo da vinci, etc. So many. But, to limit it, I'd just go with either Nikola or Albert.

Anywayyy, good luck on this project!:-) I hope everything goes well and, most importantly, have fun. I can't wait for the release of the game. Will you be planning to release a demo, like, a little later on in the project?:-). Also, you're from the Bahamas?? Cool, I'm from the Caribbean, too!
I may or may not be a full-blown, absolute dork.

Drewz
Regular

#5 Post by Drewz »

Oh my, thank you very much! Your excitement about the project is very inspiring and encouraging <3
It's funny but Merthur is my OTP too. Merlin should make an appearance in the VN, tho i won't say how or why as to not spoil you. Let's just say it's a bit similar to the TV show's dynamics x)
Just a question tho, what's a pfp? xD
For the style of the game; i'm not sure myself so i'm working more on the stories right now and just sketching things (mostly Arthur) and see what i like best. I'll share here what i have in a few so I can have more input on it (:
I read up some more on Oda Nobunaga and he's totally making it in the story. He's exactly the kind of character i wanted to include. For the scientists; i'm torn between Newton and Tesla. Tesla is more of a 'Mad scientist' and i think that might interest the protagonist more; but i find Newton more easy to write for -especially seeing as he never married and all. I guess one of them WILL make it, i'll try to write for each and see what story is more interesting. I must say that i can't picture a young Albert :/

Shah Jahan, i thought about him but i kinda couldn't do it; he has this epic love story with the Taj etc and it feels like i'm making Romeo gay; just like, no, can't do that to Juliet x)
For the demo; i'll probably release one at some point, most likely when i finish Arthur's arc but that's gonna take a while since i gotta work on the GUI, the needed scripts etc beforehand. For now i mostly worked on art and story (:

Thank you (:

Ollie
Projects: nothing bc i procrastinate

#6 Post by Ollie »

@Drewz:

Aw, you're welcome! Thank God, being motivated is definitely something you need when making a visual novel, so I'm happy that I'm able to encourage you. Honestly, I'm so used to spoilers:-(. But, it's fine, surprises are great, too! Ahhh, Merlin. What a fantastic show. I was legit on the second season and then
I heard that Arthur died in the last season??? I WAS LIKE ADIOS FOOLS NOT ME NO THANKS NO WAY NO FEELS TODAY. IF ONLY STUPID MERLIN AND ARTHUR WERE HEARTLESS IMBECILES AND DIDNT SAVE MORDRED OKSOZ4RANT
So, I stopped, aha:-(. But, anyway, yeah, you should definitely work on the story first!:-) Then, you can sort out the art; time is better spent that way, tbh. I can't picture a young Albert, either! I keep getting an image of a younger Rick from this cartoon called Rick and Morty:-(. I'm happy that Nobunaga interested you! That's one definite character down. Two more to go! I'd play his route for sure:-). Honestly, I'm a little biased towards Nikola, as he was one of the first inventors I'd ever learnt about. But I love Newton, too! His first law is my excuse for laziness, aha. So, I wouldn't mind either or. (Plus, if Isaac is easier to write, then go for it!)
Also, you know, maybe Romeo was better off being gay; then, they wouldn't have both died. Sigh at teenagers. Though, I mean- at least, the feud between their families ended.
I await future updates! :-)

Edit: Oh, and pfp means 'profile picture'.
I may or may not be a full-blown, absolute dork.

AERenoir
Veteran

#7 Post by AERenoir »

Ollie wrote:A person from Japan? How about Oda Nobunaga? I'm sure you've probably heard his name before, if you're interested in samurai; he was rather important and he's still an infamous individual. (He isn't the cutest but none of the guys that I'm going to name are, I just have faith that you'll make them hella hot, no matter who you choose.)
Objection! He has been described by contemporary sources as "beautiful" and "handsome". Don't believe all those pictures you've seen of him. Hardly any of them were done by artists who actually knew what his face looked like, and were just going off oral descriptions. :mrgreen:

I'm curious how he'll end up looking in this game if he makes it into the story, at any rate. That guy... shows up... in... a lot... of Japanese dating games... Reinterpreted as 20 different kinds of sparkliest of all sparkles shoujo bishounen and stuff, but still. By the by, if you need trivia about that man (or samurai in general), I have a lot to share. Favourite foods, hobbies, etc...

CosmicFan

#8 Post by CosmicFan »

I really like the idea of this novel. I don't know if this is still ongoing but if you're still fishing for love interest I thought of:

Tutankhamun - The most famous male pharaoh. Probably the best choice for an Egyptian love interest. Maybe a character that acts a little spoiled an naive thanks to being Pharaoh at a very young age. Or, completely, changing characterization, a boy who's very serious and wise beyond his years, whom the PC helps take his mind of the job and have some sexy fun. :wink:

Billy the Kid - For those who like a dangerous hunty. Could be a very troubled but cute character. An outlaw that had too harden himself thanks to life of crime he led who slowly opens up to the PC.

Leonardo da Vinci - A very talented artist, he is an icon of a period of history. His characterization would probably be of a sensitive and slightly clumsy artist. I can imagine him asking to paint the PC naked far down his route or something like that.

Louis XVI - Mainly for the court hijinks.

Genghis Khan or Atilla the Hun - If you don't want Nobunaga to be the only badass conqueror in the game there is always these two.