VN project in need of personell~

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
honoreixix
Regular

Re: VN project in need of personell~

#31 Post by honoreixix »

I'm on irc almost 24/5

weekends i'm out...

yeah, email is practically one good way...
I'm hidden and no one expects much of me... I just hope I don't disappoint anyone...
I'd rather fail doing something I love than succeed doing something I hate...

emihaumut
Regular
Projects: Rynspyr.
Tumblr: emihaumut
Github: yeewai

#32 Post by emihaumut »

Yes, I too rather enjoy email. It may be a bit old fashioned, but it's just as good. And if you're both on at the same time, you can just send email to and from instantly and it'd almost be like messaging. Kind of....

susanoo

#33 Post by susanoo »

well in the end. I won't be picky on this issue and i don't see the good thing that comes out of it. as long as it serves the purpose I'm satisfied. just make sure that everyone involved can be contacted via one method. It's too troublesome to call different person with different applications doesn't it?. so i'll be out from this "contacting method" discussion and leave it all to you guys who will be involved. and pressing back to the topic. the first thing we need is to gather enough members. all other discussions can come later, that's what i believe at least. and, oh heaven, please send me a CG artist. >=9

emihaumut
Regular
Projects: Rynspyr.
Tumblr: emihaumut
Github: yeewai

#34 Post by emihaumut »

Well then. I guess I'll just sign myself up as a CG artist :)

#35 Post by Guest »

Well... I'm making a VN, too. I saw your characters and I can help with the CGs. YOu just need to show me how you want them, ok?

BTW... I don't know if you can help me, too. Do you know anyone that can compose songs? I really need help with this.

Ah! And I can draw the CGs, but I can't color them. I'm busy with my VN, so... but I can draw them.

Fastspeedy
Projects: Leave the World Behind

#36 Post by Fastspeedy »

Well... hte last Guest guy was me, ok? I just forgot to login!

susanoo

#37 Post by susanoo »

@Fastspeedy
ahahahah I even get my troubles over core members and you asked me to help you with sound composer. I don't have those too of course. I mark them as secondary as VN still can run without voice though sucked. and i'll definitely get a sound before releasing it of course (if it's even possible to release it)
and you're even as busy with your own VN I don't think this would do. though i always appreciate any help that comes.

@Emihaumut
you went all the way to add my msn long long ago and suddenly you said you can do as CG artist. why don't you say so from the beginning >=D

honoreixix
Regular

#38 Post by honoreixix »

great, so are we up and running now?
I'm hidden and no one expects much of me... I just hope I don't disappoint anyone...
I'd rather fail doing something I love than succeed doing something I hate...

susanoo

#39 Post by susanoo »

no. i rejected emihaumut >=D
it's painful to say so i won't say anything XD
i've been PM-ing some artists that i know and some that know me as well. no luck.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#40 Post by DaFool »

Sorry, but I was inspired to write this:

http://wiki.renai.us/wiki/Effective_Teamwork

I saw your project back when in V-N, I was really hoping it would continue to progress well. Good luck.

shiisuke

#41 Post by shiisuke »

....... could I draw the character arts? >.>
- A! Pantsu mieta. -

susanoo

#42 Post by susanoo »

any people who wanted to help as a CG artist, just send me an artwork featuring one of the character posted in the V-N forum. you have free run on composition, ideas, etc

send it to me by any means or reply here, up to you. i'll judge it afterwards.

and i think the best is 3 or 4 people. >=9

writer, artist, and director would make the best combination.
as long as both artist and writer follow the director, it would make the project goes smoothly. and there's a need to hire a sound composer as well. which will makes it 4 people. other than that, everything is not compulsory.

once the stuff is finished, a QC is needed. and testers and there's one thing that would help a lot but not compulsory. is art director a simple one CG actually has a very strong impact on how a VN shows. but for amateur-made stuffs like this, i guess i can't be picky. still, I would love to make a good stuff or i prefer not to do anything. that's the way thing goes in my head. I'm a designer and excel on art. and one of my best point is anime stuffs (because i'm an otaku though it has nothing to do with my works) so i would do best to be an art director. that's why i'm picky about CG artists hope you guys understand. and as said, my main job on this project will be directing everything. means I do the storyboard, script planning, design the CGs and character sets, and basically everything besides writing, programming, and drawing.

and if you ask me to draw CG, I don't have time for that. among all else, a scriptwriter and CG artists will spend much more time than the rest. which is why I need at least only those 2 position.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#43 Post by mikey »

susanoo wrote:... but for amateur-made stuffs like this, i guess i can't be picky. still, I would love to make a good stuff or i prefer not to do anything. that's the way thing goes in my head. I'm a designer and excel on art. and one of my best point is anime stuffs (because i'm an otaku though it has nothing to do with my works) so i would do best to be an art director. that's why i'm picky about CG artists hope you guys understand. and as said, my main job on this project will be directing everything. means I do the storyboard, script planning, design the CGs and character sets, and basically everything besides writing, programming, and drawing.
I've read the threads in V-N and here, and probably contrary to many others, my advice would be to drop the project.

I would definitely at the very least think about it. People don't like to give up, but sometimes this is the better way - it clears up your mind because the project if off the table and you will get fresh ideas - maybe you'll start something new and maybe you don't. That's a very good feeling to have.

As a feeling that I can't really put my finger on, I'd say there is something missing - a spark of sorts. Frankly - and it's really not meant in a bad way - it's because I feel that your posts sound more frustrated than motivated. Talking repeatedly about canceling, and how you can't be picky...

Well, I know it's not the popular suggestion to cancel the game for good, but IMO under the circumstances it's worth seriously considering. I'm not sure that finding the right people with the right skills for the project will automatically mean that it will take off again. There should be a really deep desire to finish a project like this coming from some of its inner values - not just a conditional clause saying if the right people are found.

susanoo

#44 Post by susanoo »

i know. I'm running on a will that many people wanted me not to quit. I myself already prepared to quit before i started this thread.

but you're wrong about something. if i can get the right people to do the right job, and do a good job on top of that, I will be definitely more than just motivated to finish this. so there goes the decision, don't worry i still have the passion from when i start the ideas. so there goes the decision, if there's right people with the right skill and right motivations, this will definitely success. without one of those, then no.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#45 Post by mikey »

susanoo wrote:but you're wrong about something. if i can get the right people to do the right job, and do a good job on top of that, I will be definitely more than just motivated to finish this.
If the people already are doing a good job, then their results will undoubtedly have a positive effect on morale, extra motivation boost and all. But I think this is not your stage yet - what you are looking for I would say is some primary motivation and inspiration - to get the people in the right mindset to be able to do this good job in the first place.
susanoo wrote:don't worry i still have the passion from when i start the ideas
This isn't a worry at all - I don't doubt for a second that people have passion for their ideas - but this is not the same as the motivation and will power to go through the process of materializing those ideas, because often the actual physical steps necessary to make the idea reality are not seen so passionately. In other words, you can be passionate about an idea, but not passionate about the work on it. And this is I think very normal, human even.
susanoo wrote:if there's right people with the right skill and right motivations, this will definitely success. without one of those, then no.
Well, people with the right skill and right motivations is not just a staffing requirement in my opinion - it's more than that, it's already the outcome of having staffed, having motivated, having the same goal and having a sort of good chemistry between the team members. It's not just staff, it's also the ideas transformed into their mindsets - it's actually "the project" as such.

Well, anyway, in the end of course you will have to decide. My primary idea was just to say that the "drop the project" alternative is really an alternative worth looking at. And you will know much more than I - whether it makes sense, how much of the project is passion and how much obligation, and how excited it still makes you feel. These are the most important considerations.