One Lunchtime [Slice of life, BxG]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Ikuze
Projects: One Lunchtime

One Lunchtime [Slice of life, BxG]

#1 Post by Ikuze »

One Lunchtime: A simplistic love story
Slice of life, romance, school, boy X girl
Story by Ikuze (myself), sprites by Anna, backgrounds by Uncle Mugen and music by Kevin Macleod

Hi! Thanks for checking this out. I present to you, One Lunchtime, my first visual novel! :D

One Lunchtime is set in a city high school, where two friends, Aaron and Jacob, live out their student life. They're both slackers, but know how to have a good laugh. Their days pass by in much the same way: go to class, eat lunch, go to class, go home. But this cycle is broken during one fateful lunch break, where they meet Hannah, a hungry girl looking for a bite to eat.

Characters

Aaron

Aaron is the main character of the story, and you see everything from his perspective. He's a friendly fellow, and gets along with pretty much anyone. He's very lazy, and he's constantly getting chased up by teachers to finish his work. He loves to spend his time with his best friend, Jacob, whiling away the time doing anything that isn't productive.

Jacob

The brother-from-another-mother to Aaron, Jacob is an excellent friend. He's a bit of a clown, and certainly knows how to make people smile. He's an energetic young man, always bouncing from one thing to the next, but these 'things' are rarely useful, and are either fun activities to do with Aaron, or some random plan he has in the works.

Hannah

Hannah is a rather quiet, but respected and friendly girl. She doesn't have many friends, but certainly no enemies either. A bit forgetful and quick to worry, she happens to meet Aaron and Jacob whilst on a hunt for something to eat.

Info

Three endings are planned for the game right now, but as I write I'm coming up with more and more scenarios that I might add to the game, which would increase the number of outcomes you can get.

The only parts of this visual novel created by myself are the story and the programming. Check the line below the title up top to see who made what. :)

I'll be updating this thread whenever I make some good progress on the visual novel, and I'll be expecting to release the finished version in a month or so.

Thanks for reading!
Attachments
screenshot0004.png
screenshot0003.png
screenshot0002.png
screenshot0001.png

yetibutts

Re: One Lunchtime [Slice of life, BxG]

#2 Post by yetibutts »

Sounds like it'll be a nice and fluffy story! :) Looking from the screenshots you attached though, the sprites and the textbox/text look pretty small compared to the rest of the screen - you might want to make them bigger?