Hey there! We're FonaCall and we're thinking of making a visual novel of our own. (We'd want to call ourselves Black Eared Games, if ever we get to actually start production for this. Currently, we're a little busy with helping an upcoming visual arts company that focuses on comics.)
I've been wanting to make a story involving the seven deadly sins, but I haven't been able to make a story that I like...until now. Whoopee.
My Seven Deadly Friends (this is still a working title)
Credits (so far):
Story and Direction: Piet Wolfvolk
Character Art: Rivaldi Cunicula, Jin Neko
Programming (basic lolz): Shin Neko
Shota Supply (lol) and Art Support: Jin Neko
Basic Gist of it All:
Main Characters: (sorry for the lack of sprites... that's part of why this is in Ideas instead of WIP. I may get Rival and/or Jin to add art later. Hehehehe...)
She is a transfer student who has aniridia (lack of irises) and wants to make friends with the other students. During her first few moments in school, she takes notice of these odd eyed guys who seem to have no friends as well, and decides that befriending them would be a good start towards a happy school life, or something like that. What she doesn't know is that she is pretty much risking her life, and there is pretty good and mostly sensible reason why these seven aren't with anyone in the first place.
Despite her condition and situation, she has a mostly positive outlook on life. She says that if she's going to be blind when she gets older anyway, she might as well look on the brighter side of things while she has her vision. She also seems to either be aromantic or dense, as she ignores pretty much any romantic advances made on her.
He's one of Clara's classmates. His eyes are usually brown, but they turn red at times. He's one of the nicer guys, as he will be friendly to Clara, and will help her out with things she has trouble with, like seeing what's on the blackboard or finding their homeroom. He's not a completely open guy, though, as he has a side of him he tries to keep secret from most, and you finding out what it is is part of his route. (Yeah, yeah, I know, he's the token Japanese guy too...)
He's another one of Clara's classmates. Like Guren, he usually has brown eyes as well, but instead of turning red, his eyes turn completely black at times. He is usually a quiet person and is kind by nature, but for some reason, he has a fear of being with people and crowds. He also can't seem to be able to handle pressure and stressful situations very well, either. Helping him get over it is part of his route.
He's yet another one of Clara's classmates. His eyes are purple. Of the classmates, he is the most outgoing and friendly (he's into hugs and stuff even). He also can be very curious and a bit childish. Most people would comment that he likes eating, but in reality he wants to find something to satisfy his near-insatiable appetite, which Clara can possibly give him. What it is, you will find out in his route. He could be one of the least dangerous guys (or at least one of the guys whose bad ending can't easily be reached unless you're some sort of genius), but watch out. He bites.
He's also a classmate of Clara's. He has gray eyes. He is a professional hooky player (yes, you read it right) who seems to not care about anyone or anything else as long as he can do things in his own way and in his own time. Most people already don't mind him doing it, as he can pass the requirements and exams anyway, and, for some reason, he can avoid very much anyone who wants to catch up with him for anything. Clara, however, becomes a little concerned about him, and she aims to find a way in his route to get him to attend classes like any other student. Will it be that simple?
He is a student of another class, and is a classmate of Reo and Skye's. He has green eyes. He has had a terrible and forced separation from his girlfriend
By the way, Forest is his family name. Apparently, he doesn't like his given name.
Also, he's the character who started the whole idea. He was the main character of another story based on the lyrics of the song, Mr. Brightside, by The Killers. I'm thinking you probably know what deadly sin he represents already.
He is another student of another class
He is yet another student of another class
- 7 guys the main character can befriend (nope, not date... maybe that will be for another time.)
- Some of the guys' routes would need to be "unlocked" in some manner.
- No relationship points, people. Just good old choice making. Besides, you want them to all be the main girl's friends, anyway.
- There will be at least one good and one bad ending for each of the guys for a total of at least 14 endings. (We already have two bad endings for Guren's route, though...)
- It is possible for the main character (and/or other characters) to die in any route. No, seriously.
- There will be different in-story events depending on the order in which you befriend the seven. Most guys' routes can be "easier" to play through if you have befriended certain guys beforehand, at least.
- Aside from a possible CG gallery, there will be extra scenes and bloopers available for playing/viewing after the main game. (I'd want a music gallery too, if we get a composer.)
- still in the conceptualization stages, really, so I can't say yet. The artsy people among us are drawing sketches of some of the characters already, though.
What it would need:
- Possibly more artists for sprites. Also, artists for backgrounds, CGs, the GUI, and the logo.
- Music. I would love to have an OST for this if ever, but if there's no choice, we'd have to stick to royalty-free music. Geh.
Other notable stuff:
- From what I'm conceptualizing now, I think this may extend to at least another game. Apparently, it has a bigger story than I thought, because of the unanswered questions it leaves behind.
- For a first project, this is pretty ambitious. Geh...
What do you think of the idea, guys? Also, is there anyone you may be interested in? (lol, why am I so lazy with questions?)
Questions (finally, some serious shit):
1. What if it was an otome, but it's mostly in the POV of the guys? (I don't think I've seen an otome in the POV of the love interests, or in this case, friend interests.) Would it be any different? Would it be too gimmicky? Would you even play it? Would it even be an otome? (lol)
2. Since there are sketches now of some of the characters... What do you think so far?