Suki Blue Visual Novel

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
robthemanbigboy
Projects: Inuyasha: The Abridged Series, Suki Blue Visual Novel

Suki Blue Visual Novel

#1 Post by robthemanbigboy »

I'm making a visual novel called Suki Blue. It is a romance game, that will probably end up alot like a dating sim. I'm not that far into the script yet, but I have been making some serious progress lately. Basically, throughout the visual novel you will be introduced to a bunch of girls, and depending on the choices you make you will end up with one of them. It is alot more detailed than that stupid description, and my writing is very good and creative, so get really high expectations for it. I'll post more information as I write it. I'm also working on a logo right now, so I'll post that when it's done. I have not found an artist to help me with the art in this game yet, so I don't have any pictures of the characters yet. For faster updates on this and all of my other projects, as well as a forum dedicated to just my projects, go to http://www.freewebs.com/robthemanbigboy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy 4th of July everybody, today I revealed on my website a few love interests you could choose in my game. I'll list them here as well:

Eri- A girl about the same age as Ryou (the person you play as.) Ryou has had a crush on Eri since the beginning of High School, and has decided that he would tell her how he feels at the High School graduation dance. She's a pretty popular person who has had many boyfriends, but never felt serious about any of them. She sometimes acts like she is better than the others around her because of her popularity.

Aika- A college girl, just 1 or 2 years older than Ryou. Ryou meets her when she gets her purse stolen while he's on his way to school. Aika is a pretty shy person, usually overlooked by others, and is often clumsy. She doesn't stand up for herself often, leading to other people taking advantage of her kind behavior.

Unnamed Character (still thinking of it, I'll update this when I think up of a good name)- One of Ryou's teachers in college. She is very mature, but has many problems and secrets she doesn't like sharing with others.

That's all the character ideas I have come up with so far. Like them or Hate them? Comment in the forums.

This may not be all of the love interests you can have in the visual novel, these are just the ones I have come up with so far. I'm thinking about adding a younger character for all the loli lovers out there, and I'm also considering putting in a guy for all of the girls who love shonen-ai stuff. Also, I may remove a character from the list up above if i see a reason to.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My sister just made this for me:
I guess that is the logo for now!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I made the mistake of letting my mom touch my computer with all of the data for this today, September 16th, 2008, and she fried the motherboard. All of the data to this visual novel was just lost, but I still hope to write it. Sadly, I will be starting back at square one, but I'm hoping it will go faster this time. Please don't give up hope on me yet!
Last edited by robthemanbigboy on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

x__sinister
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi, Grim

Re: Suki Blue Visual Novel

#2 Post by x__sinister »

Hnn, seems interesting.
I, personally, am a big BL fan, so I support you all the way in putting a boy option there.

I like the sound of your characters, too. Very nice.
One thing you've gotta make sure of, though, is that your game has something worth remembering in it.
Not to insult - it shouldn't be 'just another dating sim' y'know? I'm sure you'll think of something though. (:

If you ever need someone to proof-read the dialogue and other such things, I'm up to the task. Or if you need someone to throw ideas at.
A literate roleplaying community.

robthemanbigboy

#3 Post by robthemanbigboy »

Lol, I know exactly what you mean. I do plan for this to stick out from all the rest of the visual novels like this. Although this isn't like part action or fantasy or anything, it isn't just a dating sim, kinda hard to explain though... I guess when I release a demo or the final product, you'll see.

Mistik
Regular

#4 Post by Mistik »

Are you going for a "slice of life" feel? What are your motivations and point for making this game. Just asking =D

robthemanbigboy

#5 Post by robthemanbigboy »

hmmm... good question. I'm not entirely sure if it's a 'slice of life' feel, as i expected it to be more lively and serious than what that implies. My point in making this game is just to do what I love, writing, and my motivation is any and all comments I hope to receive about it. Nothing feels better than being commented on one of your works in my opinion. That's why I give it out for free, and I at least try to make it the way that others want, while still keeping what I was going for in the first place. I love romances, and I felt like I needed to write one, and I had always wanted to make a visual novel.

I wanted my game to feel like a living manga or anime at first, then it evolved from there.

And although i was only joking about putting a boy in the story at first, now that someone supports it, I've got some research to do to see what fans of the boy-love genre like.

Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

#6 Post by Sakurazaki »

Yay for BL XD I'll be watching this topic. :p Good luck
ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

robthemanbigboy

#7 Post by robthemanbigboy »

Thanks! And about the who BL thing... I've had trouble finding any material that fits that description, are there any manga or anime that anyone can recommend for me? If I don't find something soon, I won't have a chance to put it into the visual novel, so please help out if you want me to add it.

Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

#8 Post by Sakurazaki »

Gravitation, Legal Drug is kinda ok.....It's hard to find good BL material.
ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

robthemanbigboy

#9 Post by robthemanbigboy »

Thanks, I'll check them out. I also checked out an anime called Junjo Romantica, but I don't know if that one's any popular or not. It's a pretty good show in my opinion, though definitely hard to watch for someone like me.

robthemanbigboy

#10 Post by robthemanbigboy »

ALL OF THE DATA TO THE VISUAL NOVEL WAS JUST LOST! I let my mom mess with the computer, and she broke the motherboard. I am not giving up hope on it though, and I will restart the story the next time I have a free moment. I'd like to say that it will be finished at some point, though probably not this year now, but please don't give up on me!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#11 Post by PyTom »

What makes you think the "motherboard" is broken, rather than some other part, or some software problem? It's actually pretty hard to break the motherboard unless you do something like shuffle across a shag carpet in the middle of the winter.

As long as the hard drive is okay, so is your game.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

robthemanbigboy

#12 Post by robthemanbigboy »

She opened it up and vacuumed it, and the best buy guy said that it's shocked or fried or something like that. It is also no longer being made, so we can't get a replacement for it. We are trying to do a data extraction thing, but I don't know how well that would work. It is a REALLY old computer.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#13 Post by PyTom »

Can you take a picture of the inside and post it? It seems likely to me you could fairly easily recover the data, just by popping out the hard drive and connecting it to a USB adaptor.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Hyperguy
Regular
Projects: H.EXEC

#14 Post by Hyperguy »

That, or installing the hard drive into another computer.

Nicol Armarfi
Regular
Completed: Katawa Shoujo, The Circular Gate, Broken Sky
Projects: Katawa Shoujo, The Circular Gate, Driftwood, Escape from Puzzlegate
Organization: 4LS

#15 Post by Nicol Armarfi »

wtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtf