The Imperium Project

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
zanaikin
Regular
Projects: TIP

Re: The Imperium Project

#16 Post by zanaikin »

@Sylon
Nice catch... copypasta sucks...

Honya
Projects: TIP, WoHS

#17 Post by Honya »

Honya reporting in. Glad to see that we have some new recruits since I lost my internet.

I finally have my new drawings in. I don't feel like reposting it here so just go directly to my blog.

As far as graphics go, my main concern is finding people to color so anyone with experience in that area and interested in working with us please contact me.

zanaikin
Regular

#18 Post by zanaikin »

we've evolved!
...well sorta...

official group-name declared: Major Arcana
(I'm probably going to use Marcana as a diminutive myself)

and I'd like to welcome two new members:
  • Dokper as graphic artist (coloring/shading) and probably also editor - this is one blessing Honya has been dying for.
  • Garmana as composer - your participation is a great morale booster for us, and I love your music pieces =).

Blue123
Veteran
Projects: Composer on... something(s)

#19 Post by Blue123 »

zanaikin wrote:we've evolved!
...well sorta...

official group-name declared: Major Arcana
(I'm probably going to use Marcana as a diminutive myself)

and I'd like to welcome two new members:
  • Dokper as graphic artist (coloring/shading) and probably also editor - this is one blessing Honya has been dying for.
  • Garmana as composer - your participation is a great morale booster for us, and I love your music pieces =).
Hmm, I was interested in doing music for this project but you've got a composer now. Unless, you're willing to put up with the trouble of two, heh.
Last edited by Blue123 on Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

zanaikin
Regular

#20 Post by zanaikin »

Hmm, I was interested in doing music for this project but you've got a composer now. Unless, you're willing to put up with the trouble of two[/t], heh.

I wouldn't mind. Graphics and music are suppose to be the two development front that requires the most personnel in a typical VN project I believe, and unlike graphics, overhead for having multiple composers with different styles is mostly negated by the fact one need a wide variety of tones and moods for BGMs.

Got a demo piece you could PM me? =)

Honya

#21 Post by Honya »

Lead graphics designer here. To revive this thread a little bit, I present the first bit of in-game graphics to be used in our little project:

Details at my blog.

Just to remind everyone again, I'm still looking for more graphics artist to help me with this project. Though it would be nice, drawing skills are NOT necessary as long as you have at least a solid, basic understanding of PhotoShop/GIMP. As far as the number of open positions are concerned, there are plenty because I believe in quality and redundancy.

The main positions I am after are:
  • Colorist/Shader-This is the most general position and most time intensive. Artist in this department will color and shade graphics for the visual novel side of the project including character, scene and background CGs.
  • Background Artist- There are two different ways to work on this position. Artists in this area will either PhotoShop existing photos to make backgrounds or create them from scratch. Either one is fine by me.
  • Sprite Artist- Artists here will work on sprites and textures for the tactical RPG side of the project. Though I supervise this area, I will not be working directly on it. Artists here will be working under Sylon
If you are an artist that does not fit into any of these but would still like to work with us, please let me know and we can discuss the matter in detail.
Last edited by Honya on Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sylon

#22 Post by Sylon »

And I would like to note that I am woefully inadequate at making sprites. Thus, I will be willing to relinquish the position of lead sprite artist if someone good enough joins. That way, I can concentrate on working on the script.

Blue123
Veteran
Projects: Composer on... something(s)

#23 Post by Blue123 »

Well, I'm on to do some music for this project. There's a piece coming... but... I... need... to... stop... fussing... over... font types...

zanaikin
Regular

#24 Post by zanaikin »

No we're not dead!
I'm simply not a fan of posting when I could be working on something... until Raide pestered me to post in hopes of drawing attention.

So, news...

Members GET:
Raide - graphics, and he's done an absolutely marvelous job at it
Blue123 - composer.

also made my pitch recently at my college's Student Game Developers club, and currently processing applications for those who's helping on code / mechanics design aspects of the game.

Some new art for posting:
Cover art for the pitch presentation

Also: added character icons to the first post ^^ (for most early-game characters that we've been working on), as well as posted the opening scene (actually I added that a quite ago without talking)

Updated progress. We're undergoing CCG creation now, and story is up to 15k words.

Starting to dig into the tile/unit-engine. Frankly this would have made it a lot easier if it wasn't side-based turns (going to have to rewrite that for character based turns, not to mention will need multiple actions types (and special actions under it) for chars.

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by N0UGHTS »

...I'm intimidated...

Gah, yet another cool project in development. How many more are there gonna be? At this rate, I'll have to live twice to play all the games I want...

Oh My GOD. This is gorgeous... And your lead artist knows Japanese too, lucky... The plot is interesting. I have a love-hate relationship with post-ar for some reason. Wonder why... So the release date is July 2009, huh? I... I'll try to wait. This looks really cool...
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#26 Post by jack_norton »

Seems like a very interesting project. Very ambitious! hope you'll be able to finish it, I know how hard is to make such huge games... 8)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Honya

#27 Post by Honya »

N0UGHTS wrote:Oh My GOD. This is gorgeous... And your lead artist knows Japanese too, lucky...
Glad you like our art and I hope you stay excited until the final release.

Also I don't know Japanese THAT well yet but my Sensei is so intense that by the end of the year, I'll be able to understand most Japanese grammar. Then all I have to so is learn more kanji lol.

楽しみにして!

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by N0UGHTS »

Oh, you don't have to worry about me. I waited for Spore.

Tanoshi...mi? I know that starts with an "m"... Tanoshimi ni shite... "You'll have fun!"? Or am I completely off? :laughs: Bah, I probably mangled that kanji's real meaning... And maybe some of the kana. At least I remember something.
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#29 Post by monele »

It's definitely about having fun, but my total lack of grammar knowledge prevents me from knowing the tense, subject and target of it ^^;

Honya

#30 Post by Honya »

It actually translates into "(Please) look forward to (it)"

Anyways, I should get back to drawing lol.