The Imperium Project

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: The Imperium Project

#31 Post by N0UGHTS »

Gwah, I guess I'm more used to kanji instead of kana for some words... Note to self, remember み = 見 in some contexts... I thought the "mi" was part of "tanoshi." Like maybe "Tanoshimi". :roll: I suddenly feel old...

Squee! Glasses girl avvie... And I sound like a kid. (;-_-)
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

Wintermoon
Miko-Class Veteran

#32 Post by Wintermoon »

楽しみ is the noun/na-adjactive form of 楽しむ, to enjoy (which is the verb form of the adjective 楽しい). It has nothing to do with 見る, to look. 楽しみにする is an idiom that is roughly equivalent to the English idiom of looking forward to something (which also has to do with the literal act of looking). So you got it half right the first time.

Raide
Regular
Projects: Katawa Shoujo

#33 Post by Raide »

It'd be nice if you discuss stuffs related to this project... So don't you think this kanji discussion is already way out of topic guys? :)

I'll be waiting for new Lothair costume design or any finished outline you made Honya. Meanwhile I'll get myself busy with nasty campus assignment (5 illustration, 20 lines composition, and have to finish Robert Bringhurst: The Element of Typographic Style), DnD session prep next Friday, and researching Rika's emotion set draft^^

zanaikin
Regular
Projects: TIP

#34 Post by zanaikin »

Somehow, all forum threads exist to be derailed...

Blue123
Veteran
Projects: Composer on... something(s)

#35 Post by Blue123 »

Ssh! It's free PR!

zanaikin
Regular

#36 Post by zanaikin »

Not much update on progress, working on two of the chars' poses and next chapter in story atm, starting modifying the unit/tile engine on coding front.

And the coding team is officially assembled...
Piyush - Coder
Yangyang - Coder
Wolf - Coder
Zi - Designer
Nick - Designer

Honya
Projects: TIP, WoHS

#37 Post by Honya »

It has been a while since this thread has been updated so I decided to post some new artwork. Since there will be a lot of new pictures, I'll only post 1 image per character and just link to the others. Enjoy:

Preview Screenshot for the Tactical RPG aspect of the game:

Aorin Pose 1
Aorin Pose 2
Aorin Pose 3
Aorin Pose 1 Casual
Aorin Pose 2 Casual
Aorin Pose 3 Casual

Rika Pose 1

Exam Pose 1

Hikari Pose 1 (Already posted by reposted for completeness)

Preview for Sofiya Pose 1

Aleksandra Pose 1

Lothair Pose 1 Casual
Lothair Pose 2 Casual

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#38 Post by JQuartz »

Oh! An SLG! Must be tough making those...Good luck on your project.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

#39 Post by Zatch »

Cool Tactical RPG system! I think the art are great and I hope ya finish.

zanaikin
Regular

#40 Post by zanaikin »

wee, just finished the Student Game Developers' expo.

If you're interested, here's a video of our projects. TIP's battle system is the second one. [ from 0:30 to 0:50 ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_DGNbMZl_g

The other directors inform me that the system should turn out pretty well once I get time for more content development (been focusing on mechanics, structure, and graphics) and fix the darn graphics memory issue that's been the core plaque of the game [ there's a memory problems with the graphics in the base Tile-Engine... we finished running a 6unit 25x25map game and renpy was consuming 433MB of mem... ]

with the turnout of the summer we hope storyline development will properly pick up again seeing as the writer (me) is finally free of the dozens of project of 4th year Engineering curriculum.

wish us luck.

and anyone interested in joining please don't hesitate to throw me an email.

killdream
Veteran
Projects: EVūL (WIP), insilo (WIP), Cute Demon Crashers!
Deviantart: robotlolita
Github: robotlolita

#41 Post by killdream »

This project looks interesting and ambitious so far =D It's great to see SRPGs that aren't actually SRPG+H =D

btw, I suggest that you code the battle system using pygame (I guess you can use renpygame as wrapper, but I've never tried that out xD), since Ren'Py (and I mean, using high-level front-end Ren'Py) is not that reliable for developing a good isometric engine, mainly because it doesn't use any hardware acceleration (as far as I know). Though you won't be using it with pygame too, since you can just create one SDL window, you can manage better the graphics rendering, so to get a better result. It would be good if I could use OpenGL in Ren'Py, that would sort most of my problems out =D

And ohmy Hikari looks sooooo cute <3

Good luck in the project, hope to see it finished ^^

icerain
Regular

#42 Post by icerain »

All the characters look so cute. ^_^
This will be a nice game.
Though I think hard to code.
The artwork is really nice.
The battle system also is nice.
When will it be released?
Hi! Please visit my website.

Honya
Projects: TIP, WoHS

#43 Post by Honya »

Since it is hard to tell from the video here are some closeups for the explosion effect and some attack frames.
ImageImage
killdream wrote:And ohmy Hikari looks sooooo cute <3

Thank you. I also write for her so I hope you will like her personality as well.

Like zanaikin said, we should be able to get a lot more progress done once finals are over and I actually have time to draw. If you're interested in helping with art in some way feel free to contact me.

Satoh
Regular

#44 Post by Satoh »

zanaikin wrote:wee, just finished the Student Game Developers' expo.

If you're interested, here's a video of our projects. TIP's battle system is the second one. [ from 0:30 to 0:50 ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_DGNbMZl_g

I don't mean to break topic, but are you a member of the SGDA too?

It looks like you've taken some serious initiative with that game. Good luck with it.
Not the man I was before... He was an insufferable sort...

killdream
Veteran
Projects: EVūL (WIP), insilo (WIP), Cute Demon Crashers!
Deviantart: robotlolita
Github: robotlolita

#45 Post by killdream »

Honya wrote:
killdream wrote:And ohmy Hikari looks sooooo cute <3

Thank you. I also write for her so I hope you will like her personality as well.

Like zanaikin said, we should be able to get a lot more progress done once finals are over and I actually have time to draw. If you're interested in helping with art in some way feel free to contact me.
I will give it a try once it's out, but I guess she's just my kind of girl *-*

And well, altough I draw a bit, I'm actually a programmer =D. The only problem being me working hard in a commercial VN/RPG project (and in my free time, in a personal VN project), so taking another project to help is currently impossible i.i