Love Revolution is the name of a Lenny Kravitz album

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
JDC
Projects: Love Revolution

Love Revolution is the name of a Lenny Kravitz album

#1 Post by JDC »

Love Revolution

Right. I've decided to stick with the title Love Revolution, since I can't think of anything more eccentric and cute. Lenny Kravitz don't sue!!! But I suppose none of you are interested in the title choice, so for your viewing pleasure here are the hard facts on the game known as Love Revolution:

Purpose Statement

The ultimate goal of this game is to adopt a dating sim-style gameplay that appeals to all audiences while having fun in the process. Not that it'll happen, mind you. I just hope it does.

Boring. What's the story about?

The story? Uh... uh... I'm sort of making it up as I go. This almost definitely will shoot me in the face with poor story structure and random dialogue, but I'm hoping to clean it up as I go. If it helps, everything's set under a Japanese high school backdrop.

Who the hell are the characters in this game?

Sir! Mind your manners! To answer your question, here are a few dateable characters:
shinobubpng.png
Shinobu is a ripoff of a popular manga I was obsessed with in high school. Her personality is now clumsy and childish, not unlike someone I know!
himeko3.png
Himeko is a tough girl. She will beat you silly!

emi4.png
Emi is a rich little snot with a heart of gold. She is mean!
uchi.png
uchi.png (43.78 KiB) Viewed 2565 times
Vice Principal is a dainty number who can only be won with your sweet caress.
okay that last one was a lie
This art sucks. You suck!

While I do in fact suck, I remind you that we're doing this for our own personal enjoyment. I also don't plan on spending too much time drawing these things, as I hope to add a ton of characters before I die.

Kay. Who's making this disaster of a game?

Kat and I are! We're doing this in our spare time to break the doldrum of our meaningless existences!

When's it coming out?

I dunno. Truth is we might not even finish it due to lack of interest. I certainly hope not, since I've wasted time trying this before. Those of you old enough on these forums might remember the train wreck that was my first attempt. Hopefully this time's the charm. Look for it next year, maybe. Or not.

Do you have a website?

Being both busy and lazy, I set up a standard blog in 5 minutes to detail progress. It goes much more in depth with the things we've done so far, so if you're interested, you might want to check it out:

http://loverevo.blogspot.com
Last edited by JDC on Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
First there was Daikatana, then there was Too Human, then there was Duke Nukem Forever... now it's...

Love Revolution.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: My (Unnamed?) Game

#2 Post by PyTom »

Is this the old love revolution project come back from the dead, or something different?
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

JDC

#3 Post by JDC »

Haw, you caught me. It's sort of the same project, but this time it's a personal project without a team. So yeah, it's pretty much the same thing, sans talent.
First there was Daikatana, then there was Too Human, then there was Duke Nukem Forever... now it's...

Love Revolution.

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#4 Post by Midnighticequeen »

I wish you luck on your first game!

JDC

Re: Love Revolution is the name of a Lenny Kravitz album

#5 Post by JDC »

TOPIC RESURRECTION

I'm using this thread to sort of serve as an abstract to the game, so while my blog will show all the details, hopefully this one will give a decent overview? Maybe?

Love Revolution.

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by N0UGHTS »

Is it just me, or does Kenta look like a cross between L from Death Note and Kenta from Karin?... It's probably just me, huh?

So it's set in a Japanese highschool, eh... You might wanna do research on the Japanese education system.
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

JDC

#7 Post by JDC »

N0UGHTS wrote:Is it just me, or does Kenta look like a cross between L from Death Note and Kenta from Karin?... It's probably just me, huh?

So it's set in a Japanese highschool, eh... You might wanna do research on the Japanese education system.
It's based on some dude from Ranma and some guy from School Rumble... if they mated. And I've done a bit of research on Japanese education systems in my undergrad. Not that it'll be perfect, mind you, which is why I hope playtesters catch my stupid mistakes.

Love Revolution.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#8 Post by Taleweaver »

So you are still around - heh. So am I. Good to see that you're back.

Good luck with your game. Really. I'd love to see something work out that I originally was part of. If you think you can use some of the old stuff I wrote, feel free to - I'm rather proud of some of "my" girls back then...

Oh, and if you need a test driver for your work: I'd be happy to help out.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by monele »

The famous LoveRevo hey? Maybe I won't read the design documents then, after all ^^; Better not spoil it :)