AdoptMePlease [otome/stat raiser/psychological horror] [ GxB]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Frizz-Chan
Regular
Projects: Runic Stone

AdoptMePlease [otome/stat raiser/psychological horror] [ GxB]

#1 Post by Frizz-Chan »

So I started developing a ‘game’ early this year(2016) as PURE SELF INDULGENT MATERIAL and ‘practice’ for learning and understanding Ren’py and its kind of gotten out of hand. I’m posting it up in the idea thread instead of the WIP since the current state of AMP! is in jumbled bits and pieces with no real release date imaginable. Beta/Demo however I think I’m getting close to-
⠀░▒▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▓▒░
[ G A M E P R E M I S E]
⠀░▒▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▓▒░

This game hopes to be a Pet Ownership simulator crossed with Otome Game features. We hope to take in account variables that would affect pets in real life and tac on relationship aspects-! This game originally started out as an idea to just a fun game to poke at the concept of collecting all the pets that animal lovers meet throughout their lives-- something along the phrase “LET ME JUST TAKE YOU HOME-!”

The basic premise of the game is you play as [ HASE ] *renamable. An aspiring veterinarian that was gifted/cursed at a very young age the ability to see animals as human counterparts. This has aided the player throughout their life and continues as they move to ‘the big city’ and start a new life and a new job.

The goal of the game is to obtain animals before the beginning of the city’s harsh winter. While there is no real way to ‘win’ the game- after you get past the game’s basic plotline span of 30 days(?) from fall to winter- it turns into a simulator at that point. As in the days go on- but there is no real new content… but you can still poke and bond with your pets.

[ M A I N P L A Y E R ]

█▓▒░⠀ [ H A S E ]
█▓▒░⠀⠀⠀
█▓▒░⠀[ Synopsis ]
█▓▒░⠀⠀⠀Your main character. *renamable
█▓▒░⠀⠀⠀She is 25 years old and is in her last year of
█▓▒░⠀⠀⠀Veterinary School. She has gotten a job at
█▓▒░⠀⠀ a clinic in the city- where she is to finish
█▓▒░⠀⠀ her last year and internship.
█▓▒░⠀[ Personality]⠀
█▓▒░⠀⠀ Hase's personality is moldable to the
█▓▒░⠀ <<Dominance>> feature.
█▓▒░⠀⠀ However-
it is important to note that
█▓▒░⠀ ⠀ she is straggling with depression between
█▓▒░⠀ her childhood and being drained from
█▓▒░⠀ grueling schooling.
█▓▒░⠀⠀ She may be described as 'unhinged'
█▓▒░⠀ by some of those who know her.
█▓▒░⠀⠀
█▓▒░⠀⠀⠀
█▓▒░⠀⠀

[ O B T A I N A B L E C H A R A C T E R S ]

⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀ [ H a t c h i ]
⠀░▒▓█⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀Shiba Inu / Akita mix
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀3.2 years , medium size , medium activity level
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀▣▢
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀▣▢
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀▣▢
⠀░▒▓█⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀[ Synopsis ]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀A young Shiba Inu mix that you've seen at the
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀station numerous times. You can make friends
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀by petting and making offerings of food.
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀You find his bark a very familiar staple
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀of your daily commute.
⠀░▒▓█
⠀░▒▓█
⠀░▒▓█⠀[ Personality]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀Loyalty is this dogs middle name. He spares
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀no thoughts for those who are not his
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀Master.
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀[ ShelterReview ]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀“Is leash trained, house trained, and very obedient.
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀ Hatchi is eligible for emotional support service pet certification
░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀and would do best with a mentally stimulating job.”
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀

⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀ [ S a s h a ]
⠀░▒▓█⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀Super Official Beloved Office Worker
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀26 years , medium size , low activity level
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀▣▢
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀▣▢
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀▣▢
⠀░▒▓█⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀[ Synopsis ]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀You’ve known Sasha since the beginning of
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀your internship at the clinic. He always seems
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀to have time for you and will answer any
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀questions you have about the clinic. You made
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀a promise to Sasha about something that is
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀important...
⠀░▒▓█
⠀░▒▓█⠀[ Personality]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀:3c Quite the charmer. Seems to hang around
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀ a lot. Cute and he knows it. For someone
⠀░▒▓█⠀ that is this affectionate, sometimes it feels
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀ like his smile doesn't reach all the way to
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀ his eyes...
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀[ YearlyReview ]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀"Great customer service, employee of the year, flirtatious, but easily exhausted."
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀

⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀ [ R e d a c t e d ]
⠀░▒▓█⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀Large Stray black dog
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀? ? ? ? years , x large size , high activity level
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀▣▢
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀▣▢
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀▣▢
⠀░▒▓█⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀[ Synopsis ]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀ You always meet an untimely ends.
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█
⠀░▒▓█
⠀░▒▓█⠀[ Personality]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀ [̷̪̲̑ ̴͈̻͓̼́̓̔͝͠r̸̺̘̄̏͗͗ ̴̬̩̺̈̈́͜e̸̹͑͝ ̷͖̳̭̒̈́̽́͛́͋̀̋d̶̺̯̺̏ ̶̡͖̖̫̖̻̝̤͂̃͋̈͐́ͅȁ̸̞͚͎ ̴̧̡̫̮͉̙̠̟̇͒̒̽̌͒͌͝ć̷͇ ̶̡̺̬͇̰̯̽̂̄̈͊͗̔̕̚͜t̵̠͉̠̐̊͂̐̾̀̓̀͘ ̷̳̼̺͔̭̬͇̑̂̋͗ȅ̵̢͕̞̪͚̫̩̟͑̏̃̀͋͘͠͝ ̵̦̹̄d̷͈̭͚̗̩̻͓̙̓̈́̽̕̚ ̷͔̘̜̝̳̓̾̆̄ͅ]̸̣̙͋͗͌͝ ̵̭͓̤̈́̕/̴̫̠̖̠͌/̶̥̥̬͐̐̈́̇͒͒̕ȅ̷̢̧̪̲̔͋̎͑̒͂̈͝r̸̛̜͔͎̰͈͉̟̺̎r̷̦̳̱̉̀̕ö̴̢̙̥̜̮́͋̌̔̑ṙ̷̼͎̞͓̄͋́́̋͠ͅ ̴̨̤̹͙̝̠͒̈́̀͐́͘ç̴͓̞̣̖̩̰̀̚͠ͅā̸̝̘͋̈̈́̅̅͆̍̔n̸̖̦̜͒ṅ̸̨͇͎̋o̶͈̫̱̗̲̓t̷̞̀̇̅͋̐ ̸̗̟̘͌̐̽̀̑̕b̶̦̀̀̕͜ë̸͍͇͈́͌̄ ̵̹̫̘̐̐͝f̶͙̹̗̬͍̱̠̽o̴̝̟̦͔͕̫̮̙̞͊̉u̵̡͎̬͈̻̭͙̎ñ̵̢̩̞̬͙̻̺͚̞̐̽̾̑̋̕ḍ̸͕͎͎̯͈̾.̴̡̌͠ ̵͔̋
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀C̵͕̈́̓͋͝͝:̶͍͆̈́͗͆̄́̕͝/̶̨̤̥̣̠̱͓̜́͋/̴̙͓̳̝͙̜̱̹́̋̒̄̃͑͑̚ͅm̶͓͙͕̮͓͔̃̃̃̀͆̕ͅä̵̜̠̱͔͇́̈́͜ͅį̷̹̼̘̱̽̍̋̿n̷̨͔̜̦̳̺̋̓̑̓́̈́̀͛͜ͅ.̴̩̖̖̊́̉̐̏͊͠t̸̨̡̯͕̗͔̥͇͋̃̓̇̽̈́̕͠͝i̴̬̹̅̂̊̒m̷̧̡̠͍̣̼͎̱̄̑̆͊̍̏͘e̷̢̢͓̦̥͒̕.̵̙̃́̾́͂͗̚ṕ̷͓̭͓̟̲̖̺̀͛̃͒͋̒́̕l̶͉̟̟͈̪̪̩̤͑̽͗̏̂̕a̶̢̡͍̗͍͙͉̞̘͒̂̇̈́̾͐c̶̨͆e̴͕̗͚̼̘͚̗͐͂͐s̵̨͙̤̤͎̤̮̫̍́̽̀̕͠ę̸̛͈͕͌́̋̚t̷͚̣̜̱̔̔̈̋́̋͒͜͠͝ ̸̛̮͇̒̊̐̍͆̆̅͘e̶̪̙͍̣̱͐͆̀e̷͙̒̉̓̄̂r̸̢͚͔̄̈́̈́̕͠͠r̶̛̭̹̋̃̓̂͘͘ò̶̗͎͉̪̫͎̰̇͆̽̆̈́͘͜r̵̢̰͍͉͎͐͘.̶̣͖͍̰̪̼̥̊̾̓͛̀̕͠
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀[ ShelterReview ]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀“BITE RISK [!]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀ This dog is a danger to public safety and has numerous bites on his record.
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀ Proceed with caution when approaching this animal
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀ and be prepared to escape when necessary.”⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀ [ T r y s t a n ]
⠀░▒▓█⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀Rhinelander Rabbit / Purebread
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀2.6 years , small size , uncharted activity level
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀▣▢
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀▣▢
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀▣▢
⠀░▒▓█⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀[ Synopsis ]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀A young rabbit that you meet when
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀he is met with an ill fate. Due to his
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀condition and breeding - he is quite
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀f r a g i l e it seems.
⠀░▒▓█
⠀░▒▓█
⠀░▒▓█⠀[ Personality]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀Timid, sheltered, neglected.
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█ [ ShelterReview ]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀“MEDICAL HOLD [!]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀ At risk for Failure to Thrive. At risk for compulsive behaviors or negative self soothing attempts.
░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀is looking for an experienced adopter who can navigate emergencies.”
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀

⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀ [ C h a n c e ]
⠀░▒▓█⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀Doberman / Pitbull / Husky
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀2.6 years , large size , Off the Charts activity
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀▣▢
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀▣▢
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀▣▢
⠀░▒▓█⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀[ Synopsis ]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀Pet that keeps getting rehomed.
⠀░▒▓█ He is now left at your clinic
⠀░▒▓█ with no one to pick him up.
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀Nothing has been solid in his life-
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀yet he still tries to smile through
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀everything.
⠀░▒▓█
⠀░▒▓█
⠀░▒▓█⠀[ Personality]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀He just wants to be appreciated!
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀"Just give me a chance- I'm sure we'll be friends"
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█ [ ShelterReview ]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀“SPECIAL ADOPTION RATE [!]
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀ Come meet Chance today- no really. please somebody come meet him????
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀ He's alone in the parkinglot again waiting for someone to pick him up.
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀
⠀░▒▓█⠀⠀⠀

[ S T R E T C H C H A R A C T E R S ]
** these dont get worked on until wayyy---yyyy off. They are just here lore wise for now.

⠀░▒▓█⠀Rhinelander Littermate(s)
⠀░▒▓█ Calico XXY Kline
⠀░▒▓█ Canary
⠀░▒▓█ Black Feral Cat

[ G A M E P L A Y ]

relationship 'gameplay' in AMP! is divided up into 3 main sections

⠀░▒▓███████████▓▒░<<BONDING >> ░▒▓███████████▓▒░<<HUSBANDRY>>░▒▓███████████▓▒░<< DOMINANCE>> ░▒▓███████████▓▒░

<< BONDING >> is a key to obtaining and keeping pets happy. << BONDING >> can be through < praise > events such as skinship and conversing, < feeding > events, < grooming > events such as bathing and dressing up, and < enrichment > events such as walks and playing with toys.

<<HUSBANDRY>>

<< DOMINANCE >> is key to establishing your role with your pets. Menu/Question trees are offered to the player that allow them to choose where they stand on the dominance scale. Depending on where you stand- different events are triggered. Take into mind that some pets do not like being dominated and prefer to be submitted to---- however sometimes we see that a gentle hand is what some pets need.

<< DOMINANCE >> is divided up into 3 sections ALPHA STANCE , BETA STANCE , and OMEGA STANCE

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀With a ALPHA STANCE, you can always use this answer to stop any unwanted behavior or assert dominance.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀With a BETA STANCE, you can always use this answer to join in with your pet or support them.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀With a OMEGA STANCE, you can always use this answer to stop any conflict behavior or surrender dominance

this can be a bit daunting when explained flat like this, but through gameplay you the player can understand it much better.

[ Script ] 20% ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██
[ Sprites ] 20% ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██
[ GUI ] 20% ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██
[Special Code]
Last edited by Frizz-Chan on Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Lord Dragon
Regular
Projects: Trappy
Tumblr: lorddragonshenanigans

Re: AdoptMePlease [otome/slicelife] [ GxB]

#2 Post by Lord Dragon »

[*]How do you feel about the <<DOMINANCE>> feature with the <<ALPHA/BETA/OMEGA>> dynamic? and <<OBEDIENCE>> framework? Is it hard to understand? What would you add to it if anything.
I actually really love this concept, sound like it also allows for a lot of replayability. Overall its fairly simple to understand and there doesn't seem to be anything that isn't really covered.

[*] How do you feel about the options offered for << BONDING >> with your pets? is grooming too skeevy haha?
Well you do aim for this to be a sort of V. Pet Sim cross Otome, so all the 'Bonding' options are justifiable and completely natural for your game.

[*] Who are you leaning to trying to 'adopt' first?
Definitely the stray~

[*] After you get through and obtain all or whoever you wanted and 'finished' all the main events- would you still do game play as a simulator- like along the lines of a virtual pet? As long as our cute boys would talk to you haha?
Most probably, yes, if the game had proved enjoyable, I'll most definitely come back for the simulator aspect

[*] what is your favorite animal in general, not from the boys listed above.
Ferrets, cute fuzzy slinkies.