The Illness Called Love [GXG][Romance][horror][yandere][WiP]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
AuthorCSR
Completed: Tints of Black, The Illness Called Love, The Devil's Alleyway
Projects: Colourful Clues
Tumblr: csrcreations
Deviantart: MonMonMouse
itch: C.S.R.
Discord: CSR Creations#6810

The Illness Called Love [GXG][Romance][horror][yandere][WiP]

#1 Post by AuthorCSR »

advertisement.jpg
Link to the demo: https://csr.itch.io/the-illness-called-love-10-demo

This is essentially a yandere yuri. It will also be a sample to an even bigger game with more characters (who might also be in this but as minor characters).

Suki is a high school girl who lives the life of a normal introvert, she prefers not to socialize as she will not have any friends at her new school. But as fate would have it, one of her new classmates turns out to be an old childhood friend that seems overly eager to reunite with her. As Suki is trying to settle into her new environment, there seems to be someone that lurks closely behind her wherever she goes. In attempts to avoid her stalker, Suki runs into a delinquent that seems to have two sides of her besides her rough exterior.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: There will be voice acting! I already have all the characters casted and have started receiving all of their lines.

Characters

Yamaguchi Suki: The Protagonist
Suki
Suki
(she won't have a full body sprite in the game this is just so you can see her full body)
Suki bio
Suki bio
"I just want to make it through these next two years without complications. It always seems that trouble follows closely behind me. Closes in and drowns me."
A girl that seems shy and modest at first, but gets very honest and blunt with those she cares about. She is generally an introvert, but it seems that it could be due to her anxiety and paranoia, and seeing as how she's being stalked and pursued, it's a valid feeling. But is it possibly more and she is a yandere herself?

Takahashi Katsumi: Love Interest
Katsumi
Katsumi
Katsumi bio
Katsumi bio
"Sounds like you have been shutting people out. But you'll let me in, right?"
Rich and coy, but respected and intelligent, also President of the archery club. She acts spoiled and seems to have sadistic tendencies, and yet is still loving and caring to her half sister and maid.

Masushita Kazashi: Unlockable Love Interest
Kazashi
Kazashi
Kazashi bio
Kazashi bio
"Please, I'll do anything. Please just love me. I don't care if you love someone else as well, just love me too."
Because of bullying and foul play, Kazashi is being homeschooled, even still she is a polite and kind hearted girl. She is maid to her half sister and terribly shy, but seems to get obsessive in a way that she'll bend over backwards for those she loves.

Nishimura Sakiko: Love Interest
Sakiko
Sakiko
Sakiko bio
Sakiko bio
"…I just…I thought you were cute…"
Vice President of the Occult Club and the school goth. She doesn't talk to many people outside the occult club and gets very antisocial and isn't the best with communication so she generally scares people off because of how tall and intimidating she seems.

Hisakawa Yoko: Love Interest
Yoko
Yoko
Yoko bio
Yoko bio
"I'm not trying to protect you! Like I said, I'm bored! If they show up, it gives me an excuse to fight."
A delinquent who seems to have a sweet side to her, but can get very reclusive in a split second. Rebellious spirit that drinks, smokes, gambles, and gets violent, but protects those she cares about.

This is a Work In Progress. I'll keep this updated every time a milestone is reached.

All the sprites will have different poses and outfits. in addition to the ones posted above.

Here's a sample of what the CG's will look like:
sukiintro.jpg
Story: 67%
Sprites: 95%
Backgrounds: 95%
CGs: 67%
GUI: 80%
Music: 100%
Ambience: 100%
Voice Acting: 30%
Programming: 75%

Questions
1. Would you play this game?
2. Do the options sound interesting and ones you'd like to get to know?
3. Does Suki sound like a character you'd like?

You don't have to answer all of these but I'd really appreciate it if you even answered a couple. Thank you!

Credit for title text to Yandere^2 Blog: http://y2blog.tumblr.com/post/296183539 ... d-here-see
Last edited by AuthorCSR on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 35 times in total.

wererat42
Regular

Re: The Illness Called Love [GXG][Romance][horror][yandere][

#2 Post by wererat42 »

AuthorCSR wrote: 3. Does Skye sound like a character you'd like?
Sounds good so far, but did you change the names of all the characters at the last minute or something? Because you're asking about a character you didn't write about.
I'd actually say keep things closer to what you're familiar with if possible.

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

#3 Post by Shinoki »

It's yuri! I'm in. Haha, and I'm pretty interested in horror and yandere in a yuri game too. That's pretty new.

Sakiko, Yoko, Katsumi, Kazashi. That's the order I think I'm interested in the girls in. Suki seems like an interesting main character, but that's just from the blurb description. While I think Katsumi has the most potential to be great--interesting, her contradictory character is kind of hard to write right. That and I'm interested in her relationship with her maid/half-sister.

Welp, I'll just hope you can finish this project of yours.

AuthorCSR

#4 Post by AuthorCSR »

wererat42 wrote:
AuthorCSR wrote: 3. Does Skye sound like a character you'd like?
Sounds good so far, but did you change the names of all the characters at the last minute or something? Because you're asking about a character you didn't write about.
I'd actually say keep things closer to what you're familiar with if possible.
Oh, whoops, sorry about that. Skye is a character from something else, I accidentally typed in her name instead. My bad, thanks for catching that.

AuthorCSR

#5 Post by AuthorCSR »

Shinoki wrote:It's yuri! I'm in. Haha, and I'm pretty interested in horror and yandere in a yuri game too. That's pretty new.

Sakiko, Yoko, Katsumi, Kazashi. That's the order I think I'm interested in the girls in. Suki seems like an interesting main character, but that's just from the blurb description. While I think Katsumi has the most potential to be great--interesting, her contradictory character is kind of hard to write right. That and I'm interested in her relationship with her maid/half-sister.

Welp, I'll just hope you can finish this project of yours.

I'm glad you're interested, I actually already started working on sprites and CG's and probably going to work on the script really soon. I chose these 4 (there's 12 in all and plus the MC makes it 13) out of the full cast and longer version of the actual story (the others, or at least some might show up as minor characters) because they were my personal favorites due to both personality and design. I'm excited to work on this so thank you for your interest and support!