[Deleted.]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
goldenessence
Projects: sharded
Organization: golden essence

[Deleted.]

#1 Post by goldenessence »

delete
Last edited by goldenessence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Sharded [GxB][Fantasy, Romance, Adventure]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

goldenessence wrote: 1. Who is your favorite character thus far?
It is interesting to learn that each character has a distinct weapon, as well as a personality. However, I think it would help to know about who they are. What are their interests, goals, quirks, and so on? How do they relate to the protagonist? Who are they when they're on their own?
goldenessence wrote: 5. Do you have any questions or comments?
What sort of endings do you plan to create? Are they all positive? Will some of them be ambiguous, bittersweet, or negative?
goldenessence wrote: You are the Goddess of Life, and- being the only one who can bring the Goddess of Balance back- you are assigned to go find the five shards and revive the ruler of the Heavens, and that's when you meet the five "gods" who hold the shards... but what happens when you fall for them?

You are torn between reviving the Goddess and staying with the "god". What will you do, then...?
The premise reminded me of several things. Spoilers since they're off-topic:
* "Characters gather a number of MacGuffins to achieve a goal" is a common story element. It showed up in the first humorous story arc of Dragon Ball, it was a large part of Fushigi Yugi, and it became a major aspect of the plot early on in Inuyasha. I'm probably forgetting many other examples.

* "Character torn between love and duty" is a common theme found in stories around the world. One example happens in Magic Knight Rayearth. If you're not familiar with it, then read the story to understand its context.
Don't worry if your story resembles other published fiction. Everyone uses the same few building blocks and shapes them into distinct and memorable stories. I think you'll benefit by asking yourself, "How can I make sure that my characters, plot, and world are compelling?"

goldenessence
Projects: sharded
Organization: golden essence

Re: Sharded [GxB][Fantasy, Romance, Adventure]

#3 Post by goldenessence »

gekiganwing wrote:
goldenessence wrote: 1. Who is your favorite character thus far?
It is interesting to learn that each character has a distinct weapon, as well as a personality. However, I think it would help to know about who they are. What are their interests, goals, quirks, and so on? How do they relate to the protagonist? Who are they when they're on their own?
goldenessence wrote: 5. Do you have any questions or comments?
What sort of endings do you plan to create? Are they all positive? Will some of them be ambiguous, bittersweet, or negative?
goldenessence wrote: You are the Goddess of Life, and- being the only one who can bring the Goddess of Balance back- you are assigned to go find the five shards and revive the ruler of the Heavens, and that's when you meet the five "gods" who hold the shards... but what happens when you fall for them?

You are torn between reviving the Goddess and staying with the "god". What will you do, then...?
The premise reminded me of several things. Spoilers since they're off-topic:
* "Characters gather a number of MacGuffins to achieve a goal" is a common story element. It showed up in the first humorous story arc of Dragon Ball, it was a large part of Fushigi Yugi, and it became a major aspect of the plot early on in Inuyasha. I'm probably forgetting many other examples.

* "Character torn between love and duty" is a common theme found in stories around the world. One example happens in Magic Knight Rayearth. If you're not familiar with it, then read the story to understand its context.
Don't worry if your story resembles other published fiction. Everyone uses the same few building blocks and shapes them into distinct and memorable stories. I think you'll benefit by asking yourself, "How can I make sure that my characters, plot, and world are compelling?"
Hello; we appreciate your feedback, and we will do our best to improve this visual novel. As the characters are still in their development stage, we still only have a broad idea of the characters. We intend to update this post as we come up with more information on the characters though, so if you are still interested, it might be a good idea to check back sometimes.

We intend to have a good and bad ending for each character and a true ending. We plan on making a sequel based upon the true ending with different bachelors. To prevent any major spoilers though, we will keep the names and personalities of the bachelors confidential.

We have considered that question for quite a while. We unfortunately didn't know our game had so many similarities, but we didn't make it based off of any of those anime. We will try our best to establish a compelling storyline by going beyond the basic themes.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope you will support us!

Golden Essence