Memories~ [GxB, drama, mystery, action, nakige, +18]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Cotton Blue
Regular
Projects: メモリーズ~ 女神の保護者
Organization: Cotton Blue
Deviantart: CottonBlueVN
Soundcloud: Cotton Blue
itch: Cotton Blue

Memories~ [GxB, drama, mystery, action, nakige, +18]

#1 Post by Cotton Blue »

Hello! Well, this is a vn that i've been planning for five years, but I could not finish it because I don’t have enough ideas for it. So I opened this thread to tell me what you think and if there is any suggestion, so I know if I'm in a good way xD
PREMISE

“When someone dies, they become a butterfly, and fly as far as they can”

Haruna Matsumoto, second year high school student, wants to approach to his new classmate but she can’t do it by her own. Suddenly, the most special people to her life came back together with the memories, causing a shift in her heart, and the protagonist will be involved

Can you free all the butterflies?

CHARACTERS
Haruna Matsumoto (松本 春菜 Matsumoto Haruna)
Protagonist and character that you assume. Cold and distant on the outside, but warmth and affectionate with their environment. Frequently, doubt about her reality by her experiences during the game, but tries to adapt to it. She is not aware of the problems that surrounds their world.

Kinda (キンダ Kinda)
The Death in person, or rather, an attempt to it. Kinda is an hybrid shinigami, who is always "working" and he´s a protagonist’s childhood friend. Very distant and sarcastic, It’s the kind of person who never abandons his pride.

Zero Matsumoto (松本 ゼロ Matsumoto Zero)
As Kinda, he is also an hybrid. His hobbies are cooking, playing videogames and sleeping, with little things like that he is happy. It's a pretty relaxed guy even if it’s being swamped by the problems, and is who supports the protagonist to meet her goals.

André Kobayashi (小林 アンドレ Kobayashi Andore)
Born and grow in France almost all his life and traveled to Japan because of the work of his father. He is always at the top of the school and get the best grades, with great musical talent, but those advantages gradually begin to complicate his life. He is in love with the protagonist.

Shōta Sasaki (佐々木 翔太 Sasaki Shōta)
He is known for being the son of famous actors who have traveled all over Japan. Although the artistic has been inherited by Shōta, he only wants to have a normal school life. As a fan of photography and sports, he enrolls in all extracurricular activities and drags the protagonist to them.

Yuta (雄太 Yuta)
Pretty loving and kind, but really he’s the opposite to what appears.Yuta lived on the streets most of his life, so he has some kleptomaniac habits. At his tender age, he already know everything need to survive by his own and seeks for the best way to take advantage of people around him.

Ryoto (リョト Ryoto)
A fifteen year old boy, fragile, shy and somewhat cold. Information about he is unknown. He wants to spend time with his friends during what remains of life.

Mitsuru Uchida (内田 ミツル Uchida Mitsuru)
He comes from Kyūshū and moved to Sapporo for health reasons. It’s the new guy in Meiyo school and the objective of the protagonist. Mitsuru is shy at first but with good intentions, wanting to help other people whenever he can. He is the master key that opened the solution to the problem involving the world.
CONCEPT
You maybe can not see what is the visual novel about, this is because I did not want to make some kind of spoiler because it is a complicated story to explain, but it’s based on Japanese mythology (gods, yōkais, etc) and some philosophical issues (the reason being, existential doubt, etc.). So technically their genders would be: drama, romance, action, mystery, eroge and comedy. My idea is to make a "childish" visual novel but with a "dark" side, and vice versa, as the life. Because not everyone is interested in philosophy, on the visual novel you can choose whether to play normally, or discover the mystery that wraps the world.
FEATURES
° Seven obtainable characters
° 37 (thirty-seven) endings
° R-18 Scenes
° Japanese voices -considering professionals seiyūs-
° A lot of choices
QUESTIONS
* Are you interested in the premise?
* What character has caught your attention? And why?
* Do you like the fact that there are sexual interaction with the heroes?
* What kind of scenes would you like to see?
* And finally, some suggestions? ^^
Last edited by Cotton Blue on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Memories~ Megami no hogo-sha [GxB] [Fantasy, Romance, Drama, Yōkai]

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Memories~ [Otome, drama, Slice of life, mystery, +18]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

My first suggestion: Please keep in mind that the grammar in your description could be better. If English is not your native language, then that's fine. Consider writing the story in your native language, and then finding a person who can translate it.
Cotton Blue wrote: * Obtainable seven characters
* 37 (thirty-seven) endings
These are ambitious goals. As I've said elsewhere, I like seeing projects which have a large scope. Just please be careful as you work on it. Make sure that you can devote enough time and effort to creating all of this content.
Cotton Blue wrote: * Do you like the fact that there are sexual interaction with heroes?
In a word, yes. There are no official translations or complete fan translations of any adult otome games. Also, only a handful of VNs written in English have girl x boy pairings as well as explicit content. I believe there are GxB fans who will welcome mature content.

Cotton Blue
Regular

#3 Post by Cotton Blue »

gekiganwing wrote:My first suggestion: Please keep in mind that the grammar in your description could be better. If English is not your native language, then that's fine. Consider writing the story in your native language, and then finding a person who can translate it.
Cotton Blue wrote: * Obtainable seven characters
* 37 (thirty-seven) endings
These are ambitious goals. As I've said elsewhere, I like seeing projects which have a large scope. Just please be careful as you work on it. Make sure that you can devote enough time and effort to creating all of this content.
Cotton Blue wrote: * Do you like the fact that there are sexual interaction with heroes?
In a word, yes. There are no official translations or complete fan translations of any adult otome games. Also, only a handful of VNs written in English have girl x boy pairings as well as explicit content. I believe there are GxB fans who will welcome mature content.
Thanks for your answers!
And I know, first I am writing in Spanish, then looking for a translator, -or proofreader- and correct errors, because there are not many active communities of visual novels indies in Spanish.

I am delighted to read your answers, especially over the issue of mature content ^^

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

Cotton Blue wrote: And I know, first I am writing in Spanish, then looking for a translator, -or proofreader- and correct errors, because there are not many active communities of visual novels indies in Spanish.
Just as a quick note - even though there isn't a huge market for VNs in Spanish, it would probably be worthwhile to distribute the original Spanish version as well as the English version. For one thing, even though there isn't a market now... there could be. :o Who knows, maybe your VN could even help to start that market! And I do know that I have seen some Spanish-speakers around LSF.

Also, it is generally accepted that the best way to read/watch something is in its original language. Whenever something is translated, there is always at least some meaning that is lost because some words cannot quite translate properly.

And anyway, I would be interested in seeing some VNs in Spanish as I am trying to learn Spanish. The best way to practice a language is to experience it. (Maybe we could try to teach each other, lol.)

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

Re: Memories~ [GxB, drama, mystery, action, nakige, +18]

#5 Post by wyverngem »

It's an ambitious project, I'll give you that. 37 endings is a lot. Are we talking about just romance endings or are they based on the choices you make in the story. What kind of game play will the user experience?

Cotton Blue
Regular

Re: Memories~ [GxB, drama, mystery, action, nakige, +18]

#6 Post by Cotton Blue »

wyverngem wrote:It's an ambitious project, I'll give you that. 37 endings is a lot. Are we talking about just romance endings or are they based on the choices you make in the story. What kind of game play will the user experience?
Yes, I know that 37 is too late, but could not be less than that since the story is very long and is explained in a different perspective on each route. Not only are 37 finals, but there are 37 different routes, based on the player's options, and how they "live" visual novel.

There will also be mini-games and interaction with the environment~