Passivity [Supernatural][keep your friend alive the vn]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

Passivity [Supernatural][keep your friend alive the vn]

#1 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Artemisia Roschild has the ability to see, interact with, and communicate with ghosts. Piper Dean does not. Piper Dean is also walking straight into a haunted house, determined to uncover its secrets, with only Skype Hype video as her company. Artemisia Roschild is hundreds of miles away, staring straight at blurry video call on her screen. Do you see the problem, here?

Because Artemisia sure does.

After hearing that her friend/younger pupil Piper is going into a haunted house (more like getting called while she was in the middle of some drawing session), Artemisia is not exactly happy. Still, quitting the call out of rage is about the worst thing she can do right now, so all she can do is sit tight and stop the dumb kid from doing something potentially murdered-y.

With Piper’s personality the way it is, though, it might be harder than she anticipated.
Warnings for: Strong language, visual jumpscares (no audio ones), horror elements

Artemisia Roschild
Local salt and really, really unamused by Piper, Artemisia is pretty much done with everything, thank you.
Can see, interact with, and communicate with ghosts. Alas, ghosts don't really listen to skype hype calls, do they?

Piper Dean
Has a disturbing amount of faith in Artemisia's ability to talk some sense into ghosts. Hint: this ability isn't what she thinks it is.
Panics easily. Naive, too. What a great girl.

Plans
> Very choice heavy VN; keep Piper from committing a the-dead faux pas and dying by reading the actions and reactions of ghosts
> Multiple endings based on how you get Piper outta there (or not)
> Tattle on Piper by furiously chatting at her brother to drag her arse back! (seriously, do it)

Due to all these plans for the game, I quickly realized that I won't be able to do them alone. Perhaps I can live with slowly writing the scenarios, but it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to do some of the things I wanted Passivity to have, like the ability to make maps to ponder upon as you decide what Piper should do next and a Skype ripoff GUI. And so, I need your help!
Recruiting
> Co-writer : There are a LOT of options and an extra brain would help in covering them all!
> Sound designer : There's a chance that this VN doesn't have music to fit the fact that it's a Skype-- I mean, Hype call, but I really need a bunch of sfx to compensate. Things like footstep sounds and crackling noises, as well as computer chair rolling, mundane things.
> GUI artist : To make a Skype and Photoshop/Clipstudio/Paint Tool SAI/any art program knockoff. (Bless your soul)
> Programmer : To implement GUI and help with the code for some other things, like having the ability to pause in the narration for a bit when you change screens to open another chat and making a slowly forming map drawn as Piper pans the camera across the room.

This is a free VN and I don't have ways to monetarily compensate anyone who wants to help, but if needed, I can do trades (writing/art). This is also a side side-project (because I sure am oversaturated with lowkey BL fantasy VNs right now), so progress will be even slower than my already slow progress on the other VNs.
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Passivity [Supernatural][keep your friend alive the vn]

#2 Post by Zelan »

0/10 not enough Javartie

Also, thank you thank you thank you for visual jumpscares only! I can handle those but audio ones get me really nervous. :/

I could maaaaaaaaybe be a co-writer, but I do have some other stuff I'm working on right now (partnered with someone for another VN, plus schoolwork) so I probably won't be able to give this my full attention.

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

Re: Passivity [Supernatural][keep your friend alive the vn]

#3 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Zelan wrote:0/10 not enough Javartie

Also, thank you thank you thank you for visual jumpscares only! I can handle those but audio ones get me really nervous. :/

I could maaaaaaaaybe be a co-writer, but I do have some other stuff I'm working on right now (partnered with someone for another VN, plus schoolwork) so I probably won't be able to give this my full attention.
//IMMEDIATELY ADDS A JAVERTIE OPTION
Imagine you replying to everything Piper says in Les Mis lyrics 10/10 would write

There's definitely NOT gonna be any audio jumpscares but there would be atmospheric things like muffled chair sounds maybe? And crackling. Anyway, I plan for the tension to be mostly from the fact that you have basically no power and you KNOW what dangers your friend is in but you don't have any physical way to remove her from the situation. So basically the visual jumpscares are just clues as to what shit your friend is in, rather than you being in any sort of harm.

It's totally okay! I'd love to have you as a co-writer-- I mean, I'm working on two VNs basically solo and I'm in a Jam right now, so I can't exactly dedicate my all to this either. Do PM if you decide on joining, though, but no pressure :'D
It's a side project anyway.
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!