Zethrilia [GxB] (Fantasy)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
BishounenMonarchs
Tumblr: BishounenMonarchs
Deviantart: BishounenMonarchs

Zethrilia [GxB] (Fantasy)

#1 Post by BishounenMonarchs »

Hello! Zethrilia (Zeth-rill(like thill)-y-uh) is a game me and my friend started discussing around a year ago, it started with a picture we liked. We ended up giving a story to the picture and then it turned into. "Let's make it a game!" and now we're here.

This being out first game we'd like as much helpful critiques as we can get!

Featuring!
4 Routes + 1 Secret
3 endings per route!
35 CGs!

Summary

Thousands of years ago in a far away land Zethrilia stood in the middle of a large conflict. This conflict was over what part of the world was the safest to inhabit, this was due to Zethrilia's constant being hit by natural disasters. Arguments turned into battles which turned tribes separating, moving to live on flat land, the mountains, the air, even in the ocean. As years passed the tribes began to adapt, their animal-like features showing what part of the world they came from.

You'll be playing as Adrian, a young mouse-like merchant who lives in the desert. Her goal is to deliver an item to one of the four other villages, but will she be able to? Or will she get caught up in one of Zethrilia's famous natural disasters?

All routes will involve one of Zethrilia's natural disasters!

Characters
Note: All appearances for characters are completed, we are just waiting on our artist to send us the final product.

Adrian
Adrian is strong willed girl, guaranteed to try her hardest to finish her job and do anything she can to help out.She is a traveling merchant of the desert village of mouse-like people.
Backstory: N/A

Llyr (Lee-air)
Llyr is the jellyfish prince of the underwater village. He is very strict in what he does and extremely refined. He follows everything he was taught to a T and hardly shows much emotion. However he can lose his refined facade in extreme situations, turning him more child-like in nature.
Backstory: COMPLETED
Route Plot: IN PROGRESS
Route Script: X

Nysei(Knee-Say)
Nysei is an owl scholar in the air village. He knows everything you need to know, though he's not organized in the least. He is extremely clumsy and has actually managed to fall off of the edge of the village's structure before.
Backstory: IN PROGRESS
Route Plot: X

Eden (EE-Den)
Eden is a waiter at a cafe rest-stop at the edge of the land village. He is extremely kind and well-mannered though easily confused. He gets embarrassed at the drop of a hat and is rather shy when it comes to romance.
Route Plot: IN PROGRESS

Sage (Sa-age)
Sage is a buff mountain lion guard for the mountain village. He is strong and intimidating but loves to help out when he can. He doesn't smile much but sometimes you can see him smirk out the corner of your eye.
Backstory: X

???
[Classified]

Progress:
Art
Sprites: X
CG: X
Background: X
GUI: X

Story
Plot: COMPLETED
Route Plots: IN PROGRESS
Script: X
Endings: IN PROGRESS

Characters
Character Profiles: IN PROGRESS
Character Designs: IN PROGRESS (Should start uploading pictures of them around the 19th to the 22nd of June)
Voices: X (This is an optional thing we're doing but we aren't sure yet)

Programming
Scripting: X
GUI: X

Release date: Currently Unknown (hopefully around Winter 2016, could take longer, could be shorter)

Any critiques at all would be extremely appreciated!
Is the plot interesting?
Are the characters diverse enough?
Would you like to play a game like this?

SynisterSyrup

Re: Zethrilia [GxB] (Fantasy)

#2 Post by SynisterSyrup »

Llyr sounds like a really interesting character, haha. I love jellyfish so of course his profile caught my eye. I also love the fact that when he looses his composer he acts like a child! Immature guys are a type of their own. I'm especially interested in the fact that everyone has animal like features that distinguish them apart from one another. Is this going to be around the lines of furry? Or do they just have a few animal features, like ears and tails?

The premise is refreshing! I'm very interested that the player will be able to play through different natural disasters, lol!
I'll definitely be checking back to see how you progress on this. :- )

BishounenMonarchs
Tumblr: BishounenMonarchs
Deviantart: BishounenMonarchs

#3 Post by BishounenMonarchs »

SynisterSyrup wrote:Is this going to be around the lines of furry? Or do they just have a few animal features, like ears and tails?

They're just going to have animal features. I'd rather keep the idea of "pretty boys" rather then going full in like hatoful boyfriend or doing anything in between. So thing of it like they might have ears and a tail but they'll have mostly human features.

We're making decent progress on the game so far. I'm going to start programming around the end of this month and hopefully we'll have at least part of a route done and maybe release a demo, no promises on that though, it's just high hopes for me. We hope you enjoy the game when it does come out!

Lizzie
Projects: Stargazer
Organization: Astral Circus
Tumblr: lizziethepenguin

#4 Post by Lizzie »

I love the theme!
The characters look pretty interesting, especially Llyr and Nysei. Aah~ can't wait to see their appearance!
I'm really looking forward to this!

Good luck!