Caramel Mokaccino (hiatused too =_=)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

Re: Caramel Mokaccino

#16 Post by Deji »

@N0UGHTS: I'm glad you like the characters that much ^__^ Me and my writer are pretty much in love with all of them ourselves XD (We're both bi girls), and we fangirl over our own game almost everyday, so don't worry xD

@Ashen-tan: Thanks =D I'll let you know if I need your help once we get a good chunk of script done, revised and translated ^__^

@Midnighticequeen thanks! ^^

Thanks guys for all the support! I just showed my writer this thread and she got all excited! We're both looking forward to our next meeting in person to clear the rest of the pending things we have to start writing and drawing. If everything goes ok, we should have Day1 drafted during the weekend =D
I'd say I'd have the concepts done next week, but I have a bunch of pending things, so I won't commit to a specific date yet ^^;
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Sed
Regular

#17 Post by Sed »

Looking at all the art, all I can say is 'Wow!'. I'll certainly be looking forward to this. PM me if you need help with revising the English script.

cloverfirefly
Completed: The Curious Alliance

#18 Post by cloverfirefly »

I'm looking forward to this one. I hope it comes to fruition! I'm excited by both the prospect of playing as a girl and the ability to pursue girls as well.
future aspect my current work
my tumblr for art and visual novel development updates

Deji

#19 Post by Deji »

Thanks, Sed and cloverfirefly ^^

I came back a couple of hours ago from our meeting.
We had a serious inspiration block, but in the end we managed to bulletpoint the 9th ending. We got rid of the 10th endig, and now we have only one more to go!
We listed all the locations we'll need for BG purposes, and it's a long list DX; We made some floor plans for some locations I'll be using to make 3D models to draw from, and the rest (mostly exteriors) are going to be based on photographs we'll be taking later.
We also decided on the extra outfits for characters and decided on 3 body poses per character, excepting a couple that will have only one or two.

... Now we realized that what started as a very simple for-fun short-ish project, grew so big it's getting intimidating XD; But we love it so much and love the characters SO much that dropping it for any reason is out of the question. Seriously, we were gushing and fangirling and going all "awwww" on everything we planned. We REALLY hope you'll love this once it's done as much as we do now.

Next meeting will probably consist on reviewing character sprites sketches and color tests, bulletpointing the last ending and reviewing the draft for Day1.
I also realized I made Julieta shorter than she's supposed to be oin the height chart ^^; I need to fix that DX;
Tumblr | Twitter

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#20 Post by yummy »

Ah, it's great to see so much commitment !
You have so much endings planned :o
Be careful not to fall into the same trap as me XD
Anyways, I don't know what more to say but words of support.
Go for it !

Nebi
Regular
Projects: Greaves

#21 Post by Nebi »

Good luck! Will keep an eye open for updates, of course. :) After your previous release it is not surprising that many others will be looking forward to this as well.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#22 Post by chronoluminaire »

Deji wrote:... Now we realized that what started as a very simple for-fun short-ish project, grew so big it's getting intimidating XD; But we love it so much and love the characters SO much that dropping it for any reason is out of the question. Seriously, we were gushing and fangirling and going all "awwww" on everything we planned. We REALLY hope you'll love this once it's done as much as we do now.
I really, really know that feeling :( In my case it meant the project took 4 years, when it was initially imagined as just a quick VN that only takes 3 days of game time. And when I did eventually finish it, it was one of the largest OELVNs out there ^^;;
(Edit: To monele: Yes, that's right. As I mentioned on the release post, I started it in 2003... of course, it lay dormant for most of that time, and it was only finished due to NaNoRenO 2007. I just mention it to show how small projects can grow out of control!)

So don't be afraid to drop some things. Particularly if the amount of work keeps seeming daunting. Because we really, really want to see this work come to completion, because it sounds and looks awesome so far :D
Whether or not you stick at the current planned size, we wish you all the best - go for it! 8)
Last edited by chronoluminaire on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#23 Post by monele »

Are you talking about Elven Relations? It took FOUR years? o_o... meep!
/end offtopic

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#24 Post by sake-bento »

Ooh, this looks so very cute. ::stares:: In grade school, my classmates nicknamed me "Waffle." Huh.

Deji

#25 Post by Deji »

Now it's time for a new after-meeting progress report!

Lira (the writer) was away from home during the weekend and couldn't access her laptop to write the script for Day1, and I didn't manage to work on the sprite sketches =/

...But I did work coloring the concept art sketches for the characters! Everything was approved but Penny's choice of shoes XD;; I'll have to change that ^^;

We made a calendar and placed each event (common and path-exclusive, not necessarily CG worthy) in it. Everything happens in a period of two months and it was extended as believably as possible without making it too long or too boring (well, that'll be seen when the actual script gets written).

We decided on our last ending too!

We polished our bonus scenes and fangirled about them, and we named them and each ending with a coffe-related beverage name =P

We also gave last names to all the characters that lacked one, trying to be as location-unspecific as possible, without making the names sound too weird or too lame (for us).

We decided on a new secondary character and revised the story of two minor characters (not listed on the first post yet). I also sketched them and we went "awww" at them XD; We kind of lack male characters... Out of 14 characters, 9 are female ^^;

We decided we loved all our characters but Franco at the moment XD; So we revised his path to make him more likeable... that , and other things, gave us a little problem with his path, so we decided to deal with that during our next meeting.

Next meeting is scheduled for Sept. 5th, so expect a new update by that weekend =3

You can check the quickly-colored concept sketches in the first post now ^____^

Thanks for all your support! =D
Tumblr | Twitter

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by N0UGHTS »

Even though the colouring job isn't final, gwah the characters are so beautiful...

Squee! Rainbow scarf! <3 If only it snowed where I live... Or at least rain.

Me wants to play... Too bad me has classes. (T_T) I wants to fangirl over bonus scenes too...
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

AlphaProspector
Regular
Completed: The Circular Gate
Projects: Yume no Sono, Hoshi Agari, The Circular Gate, Koenchu Yonogi Seiyu Story (こえんちゅ!)
Organization: Primum Soft
Soundcloud: Primum Soundblast

#27 Post by AlphaProspector »

¿Se puede hablar en castellano? Hora de pulir los viejos engranajes de la ñ y los acentos.

En fin, vamos a decirlo en pocas palabras:

¡Buenísimo!

/end of spanish

The updated image with all the characters plain rocks. In capitals. Period. Keep on going because this looks amazing. The whole setting is great too!

Il cielo in una stanza! (just remembering a song they made us hear in italian along with Volare... oh-oh-oh!)

The lyrics are pretty as well.
Enjoy tranquillity. Paint reality with the colours of your imagination.

Primum Soft Website and Blog

Deji

#28 Post by Deji »

Obviamente se puede hablar en castellano/español, jeje. Después de todo es mi lengua materna ^^

/spanish

Thanks a lot for the encouragement! And I'm glad everybody likes our characters so much ^____^!!

----------------------

BTW, I sketched the remaining 5 characters... I need to clan them, make color tests and review thhem with my writer.
Sadly, there's no meeting this week (so far), due Lira ((writer) having to attend personal stuff.
Same for next week =/
We've both been under artist's/writer's block tis week and being unproductive as hell =o=; I tried to sketch Annie's sprite set and i failed miserably, even using my light table.... My hand is rusty >_<;
Tumblr | Twitter

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by N0UGHTS »

I can lend you some stuff. I've got sandpaper, power saws, gloves, a face mask, a sharp metal poker, and some car primer. You just need a scuff pad, rust spray, and a small grinder. Is that okay? XD

Aww, creative blocks... At least you've got resources. I'm sorta... Sorta on the... All I've got is a scanner, pencils, relative's laptop, and printer paper, let's just go with that. I hope you guys aren't too stressed out because of those blocks of yours.
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#30 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Oh, god, that character art is beautiful. If you need playtesters, drop me a line.

I am still interested in having you illustrate TS. Or at least your critiquing my art: it's gotten surprisingly good.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.