Type of Game: Otome Visual Novel (GxB)
Alessandra DiAngelo, 17, is one of the world’s top youngest, successful women. She runs DiAngelo Talent Agency along with her grandfather, Joe, the co-CEO. She inherited the company from her parents after their tragic death 3 years ago and she has done nothing but focus on doing the best she can. And look where it got her. In the will that her parents had left her, it mentioned that, as soon as Alessandra turned 18, she would have full ownership of the company. She is known mostly for ruling the entertainment industry with an iron-fist, not letting gender inequality or sexism stand in her way of success, or treat her less than what she is worth. She is a woman of little failures and great power and has earned the respect and support of her clients, colleagues, and the world. The only thing she has failed in is love. Practically married to her work, Alessandra never put forth the time to secure a relationship and has always pushed away the handful of suitors who were brave enough to pursue something with her.
So, looking forward to more opportunities - as well as her 18th birthday in 3 months - Alessandra prepares for another successful year. However, what she wasn’t prepared for was the arrival of the 5 boys that would change her life forever. In fact, they would be her greatest clients yet. Little did she realize that this would be the toughest year in her career - involving multiple scandals, secrets, romances, controversies, countless tabloids and rumors, and even... deaths. Will she fall apart when she learns about a family secret, hidden for years? Will she be able to lead the boys to success and keep her company afloat? Or will she finally crumble under the pressures of the industry and lose her reputation? Most importantly, will she finally find love?
-Romance, Comedy, Drama, Slice-of-Life, Suspense
-At least 6 CGs per route + 4 CGs for the Ryatt ship + 2 CG for TRUE ending
-4 unique routes/romanceable characters (all male)
-8 different endings BUT 1 overall TRUE ending
-15+ total characters
-Approx. 50,000+ words
-Win, Mac, Linux
-Sprites: 6.5% (sketches are in progress)
-Route Plots: IN PROGRESS
Main Routes: (haven't coded it in yet but the scenes are planned out and ready when needed)
-Aedan Route: 20%
-Logan Route: 5%
-Jonah Route: 5%
-Jace Route: 10%
-Character Profiles: 100%
-Character Designs: 100%
-Scripting: 10% (being done the same time as script)
-Theme song: 0%
-Lyrics for Aedan’s songs: 0%
-Background music: 0%
- The fierce MC/talent agent. Alessandra lost her parents when she was 14, and was suddenly given the keys to run a growing talent empire. She is the complete opposite of sweet and innocent, and could intimidate you with her famous death stare. She’s smart, stubborn, and sometimes sharp-tongued (say that three times fast). Despite her tough exterior, Alessandra genuinely likes to make people happy and is glad she can somehow do that by providing them with opportunities to fulfill their dreams.
- The bad boy/musician. Alessandra’s estranged childhood friend, Aedan, is your typical dark, brooding, and mysterious. He is reserved and mostly keeps to himself; he may look dangerous but he is one of the few that loves the deepest. When he gets comfortable with someone, he can be the biggest goofball. The thing he likes doing most, however, is to tease people and make them all flustered. (Also, he’s got a British accent and tattoos so what the heck more could you possibly want??)
- The womanizer/dancer. Alessandra’s other estranged childhood friend. Known for his uber flirtatious ways, Reid is everything a girl could want: attractive, confident, and romantic. However, no girl ever could hold his interests. Why? Because he’s gay and proud. He’s a modern-day Don Juan, described as the epitome of seductive. (Think Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl but way more fabulous). Other than that, he’s loyal to the core, and he’s the best person you could go to if you need advice or just a shoulder to cry on. British accent also included.
- The stud/model. Jace is usually seen as an air-head who only has eyes for himself. This could not be more false. He’s your modern-day Prince Charming, sweeping girls off their feet left and right. He’s charismatic, kind, as humble as can be, and a total romantic. He’s one of those “I enjoy sunsets, and long walks on the beach” types. People think he only became a successful model because of his family name so he plans to work his hardest to prove them wrong.
- The nice guy/actor. The phrase, “Nice guys finish last,” is complete BS when it comes to Jonah. He’s fun and exciting - a total adventurer who constantly looks for his next entertaining experience. He’s optimistic, wears his heart on his sleeve, polite, and sensitive. Boring moments and conversations are very rare when spending time with Jonah.
- The serious/artist. Straightforward and blunt. Wastes no time on irrelevant things. (Party-pooper, tbh). Very passionate and is not afraid to say what needs to be said. He’s ambitious, determined, and a no-nonsense kind of guy. He suffers from bipolar disorder and can have a bit of a temper, but the guy is like an onion. You peel one layer off, there are more under it.
- The nerdy/game developer-designer. Wyatt is 1/2 of Alessandra’s best friends. Best thing she loves about him? He’s fabulously gay, as well. He’s intelligent and incredibly shy, but means everything he says. The guy also has amazing fashion sense, so whenever Alessandra is having an off day, she goes to him. Lastly, he’s a complete klutz, but that provides great moments for *cough cough* Reid *cough* to play hero and catch him.
- The glamorous/fashion designer. The other half that make up Alessandra’s best friends. Even though Maryse has an anxiety disorder, that doesn’t stop her from doing her thing - contributing to the creation of millions of gorgeous clothing and accessories. She’s also an overall sweetheart: owns 3 cats, 2 bunnies, and 1 dog; volunteers at the animal shelter whenever she can; donates 10% of the money she earns to every kind of charity there is; vegan. She’s the definition of good samaritan. She can be a little bit too naive though, which can lead to being easily manipulated but she’s got friends to protect her so no worries.
- The supportive/co-CEO. 77 years YOUNG, Joe is the only close living family member Alessandra has. He’s honestly the cutest grandfather anyone could have.
- The spontaneous/make-up artist. She’s the mom who goes to great lengths to make sure her children find love. When she feels that someone is a good match for her sons, she doesn’t let anyone else get close enough to sabotage her pairing. She’s literally the biggest shipper in the universe.
- The introvert/author. Aedan took to his father because Ben has the same personality as his son. Quiet, reserved, loner. The only difference is that he’s a gentle soul with a love for writing stories and listening to jazz music.
- The stoic/businessman. Tom thinks money leads to happiness, (which is foolish thinking btw) so he spends most of his time working on what he can do to make his business bigger, better, and more successful. He doesn’t spend as much time with his children as a normal dad would so his relationship with them is not close.
- The stuck-up/t.v. personality. Elizabeth is an egotistical, and self-absorbed reality star. Imagine that one girl in high school who was super spoiled, super rich, super popular, and super mean. For example, Regina George from Mean Girls? Yep. That basically sums up Elizabeth.
- The sweet/comedian. Brianna is basically the kind of person you would want with you if you want to have a good laugh. She has never let fame, money or the pressures of the entertainment industry get to her head. She may be overweight but she’s comfortable in her own skin and she has a lot of self-love. She is a role-model for plus-sized women and likes to spread the message of, “You don’t have to be skinny to feel beautiful.”
- The brave/transgender spokesperson. Isabella was Ian before she realized her true identity. She pays no attention to the criticisms and hate of close-minded people. In fact, she’s too busy speaking to and inspiring others, and the LGBTQ community about being transgender. Her cause is to get the world to be more caring, to stop judging others for being different, and spread love.
*Positions that I don’t plan to start recruiting until the entire writing part or script of the story + art is finished
Composer - Since one of the characters is a musician, I’m planning on including some original music for him. I’ll provide lyrics, I need your beautiful brain to help compose it. Theme songs and background music will be asked for, as well.
Video Editor* - For trailers and promos and things.
Coder* - I’m planning on doing a bit of the coding myself but if there’s something I have trouble with, I’ll need some help.
PR/Media* - This includes web designers, and someone who is talented in spreading news and collecting hype for the project.
(Basically, I’m looking for people who are willing to put time, effort, blood, sweat, and tears on a project that will give you nothing in return but pride, joy, and hopefully friendships. I need passionate people and I know it’s hard to hire someone who is willing to work for free but I’m hoping to find my diamonds-in-the -rough. My goal from the very beginning of this project was that I was going to do it just to make people happy, and that’s what I’m planning to do. That is my motivation for finishing this project, and if you share the same outlook, please don’t hesitate to contact me.)
1. How do you feel about this project? Excited? *Side eye-roll*? Poop emoji?? How’s the plot? Your overall opinion?
2. Who would you say is your favorite character so far, just from this outline? Are they interesting? Are you in love with one of them already??
3. What are you looking forward to? Or NOT looking forward to?
4. Questions, comments, suggestions, concerns, etc.?