Isamu At Your Service (Mystery, Adventure, Action)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Pandrena
Projects: Seven Players
Tumblr: pandrena
Soundcloud: mask child

Isamu At Your Service (Mystery, Adventure, Action)

#1 Post by Pandrena »

(Japanese may very well be incorrect, so please don't be afraid to correct me on it! This is a placeholder image, anyway.)

Hopefully I'm posting in the right forum with this. It's not too far into production, and we're still working out all the details of everything, so I figured it'd be better fit for this forum than the actual WIP forum? If it's wrong or if I don't fit the qualifications for posting I apologize! This is only my second post on this site overall, the first being years ago on an account I've forgotten everything about, including url, so please forgive any awkwardness or mistakes!

My name's Ren, and I'm here to talk about a visual novel I'm working on with my friend Amelia. She doesn't have an account here, though. This is a visual novel using characters we've had for nearly seven years now, based on a long-abandoned roleplay of ours. Amelia is doing the writing of the novel, while I'm the artist. Although it's a bit of a silly plotline at times, due to it being from our embarrassing teen days, we have fixed it up plenty and we hope to let others enjoy our characters, too!
In an alternate world of sorts, the world is run strictly by a government with an authority over most everything. However, beyond the government is an even higher power known only as "The Agency." The Agency is a criminal organization of an unknown origin. Its job is essentially to kidnap people, young children, and force them into a life of an "Agent." An Agent is a person genetically fused with the DNA of something else to give them different abilities. There are several different groups of these altered people, and each differs in its number of agents. Some are fused with dolls or inanimate objects, or simply live creatures.

Years ago, three children were stolen from their homes and forced into a group specified around animals. Their names were Isamu Kiyaku, Calvin Evans, and Topaz Clense.

Calvin was fused with a cat, giving him flexibility, agility and claws. He's the brains.
Topaz was fused with a bear, giving her brute strength, swiftness, and a big appetite. She's the brawl.
Isamu was fused with a chameleon, giving him invisibility and stealth. He's the deadliest member of the entire organization, and the "Animal Agency" is named after him to be the "Kiyaku Agency," instead.

Working under cover, the three of them solve anything from small crimes and mysteries, to going on full missions. Then, one day, they meet a girl by coincidence named Kira Itzumi. Somehow, after the accidental reveal of their mutant identities, she gets wrapped up in their biggest mission yet - going to an ancient temple to retrieve an artifact. From there, it's almost as if she becomes part of the group...
As of writing this, I only have some of Calvin and Isamu's sprites near completion. Topaz, and Kira's will come soon! Place holding them are images I drew a long time ago.
CALVIN EVANS
ISAMU KIYAKU
TOPAZ CLENSE
KIRA ITZUMI

Unfortunately, I don't have 100% information on how the visual novel be worked out. It will, though, be ADV and have original content pretty much in all the media it uses. I'm sorry if this is too short, I'm not 100% sure what to add ;v; I will however update the story with more information soon!

Vio-Alo
Completed: none ahahah a
Projects: Limerence Play
IRC Nick: Risa
Tumblr: vio-alo

Re: Isamu At Your Service (Mystery, Adventure, Action)

#2 Post by Vio-Alo »

It seems to be a pretty good concept!! :O

I'd play this if it became a game! But I was wondering if you were going to elaborate on the totalitarian government and Kira's (who I'm assuming is the MC) role in it? :> It would be really interesting to have her hate the government or something, but come to like it or change it later in the game.

But one thing I'm kind of curious about-- is there any specific reason for it to be an artifact in a temple? I think it's interesting but i'd like to know why a temple? 0u0 And (god im probably asking too many questions) where would they meet her coincidentally? It would be really amusing if they tried to blend in as normal humans and Kira blew their cover or something

(( calvin looks especially cute, I'd go his route for sure! ))

Pandrena
Projects: Seven Players
Tumblr: pandrena
Soundcloud: mask child

Re: Isamu At Your Service (Mystery, Adventure, Action)

#3 Post by Pandrena »

Vio-Alo wrote:It seems to be a pretty good concept!! :O

I'd play this if it became a game! But I was wondering if you were going to elaborate on the totalitarian government and Kira's (who I'm assuming is the MC) role in it? :> It would be really interesting to have her hate the government or something, but come to like it or change it later in the game.

But one thing I'm kind of curious about-- is there any specific reason for it to be an artifact in a temple? I think it's interesting but i'd like to know why a temple? 0u0 And (god im probably asking too many questions) where would they meet her coincidentally? It would be really amusing if they tried to blend in as normal humans and Kira blew their cover or something

(( calvin looks especially cute, I'd go his route for sure! ))
Ah, thank you so much for the feedback! (And I hope I'm replying correctly, I'm still unfamiliar with how this site works, oops!) My friend and I actually have so much about this world, it's just a matter of getting it out there, smoothing out itty bitty details, and figuring out how to present it all, too!

Kira's meeting with them is coincidental in that she just happens to see them as they chase down a criminal. Later, the criminal escapes and becomes a bigger issue, and Kira and the other three are forced to work together to get out of a jam. Well, technically, Kira is uninvolved, but her curiosity gets the best of her, and Isamu and Calvin and Topaz are TERRIBLE at keeping secrets, and Kira gets tangled up in the whole thing. Not to mention, she's got her suspicions from when she saw them initially capturing the criminal and using inhuman abilities of sorts.

As for her relationship with the government - she's actually unaware of any of what happens behind the scenes. She lives a normal life, so she has no reason to hate the government - not yet, anyway! It kinda develops a bit towards negativity, once she finds out about this whole tyrantial government thing, but initially she has no opinion. And has no idea what is wrong with the people she gets stuck travelling with.

I'm really sorry If i'm not being clear or otherwise are being too obvious or...something! I'm really bad at answering plot questions without revealing everything we have planned, but also to give enough so that poeple stay interested, so I end up not explaining much at all! ;v; Also! The MC is actually sort of Calvin, because he narrates it.

EDIT: I just realized I didn't answer the question about the temple, sorry about that! It's basically related to Isamu's past. He's after something inside the temple, too. The artifact.