All Queered Out! [Fun & Gay]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
MasterPuppeteer
Regular
Projects: WIP Fantasy/Adventure VN
Tumblr: wolfganghelps
Deviantart: muhshroom

All Queered Out! [Fun & Gay]

#1 Post by MasterPuppeteer »

I'm back! To once again try and create a VN! I love love love Konnett's free resources so that's what's making up most of the materials in this game so far. I'm still not sure if I want to use these guys, or Konnett's other sprites.

I want to make something about queer adolescents and explore themes of self-discovery and acceptance, while hopefully retaining a comedic and mostly lighthearted tone. I want to shed light on more obscure queerness, like asexuality, nonbinary genders, etc. I'm not sure if I should include romance? My idea currently is to give the player the option to pursue whomever they choose, but only have 1 fully romance-able character.

Mama J
Regular
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

Re: All Queered Out! [Fun & Gay]

#2 Post by Mama J »

I LOVE THIS IDEA!! I hope you go through with it because stories about the LGBTQ community and self-discovery, self-love, and acceptance bring me to tears and are one of my favorites to read. Also, if you intend for it to include comedy AND romance? You can't go wrong with that. I say go for it! (: I'd love to see you advance this idea into something more!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: All Queered Out! [Fun & Gay]

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

MasterPuppeteer wrote:I'm not sure if I should include romance?
Do you want to? If your answer is yes, then include it. If your answer is no, then avoid it.

It's a possibility that your characters could just stay friends as they deal with an external conflict. Or perhaps how they form relationships will result in a conflict. No matter what, think about what you want to achieve with your story. Help the reader care about your characters and their dilemmas.