The Nautch [Sci-fi] ["Historical" Fiction]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
sociohat
Projects: The Nautch

The Nautch [Sci-fi] ["Historical" Fiction]

#1 Post by sociohat »

[underconstruction]
Last edited by sociohat on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

Re: The Nautch [Sci-fi] ["Historical" Fiction]

#2 Post by Rossfellow »

First thing I noticed is the unique art style. The premise seems risky and it looks like it'd take a lot of effort to pull off, and I'm interested to see how you'd handle it.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

AllegroDiRossi
Regular
Tumblr: daroross
Deviantart: daroross

#3 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

Really digging the art. I like the glitchy and collage aesthetic. The character descriptions are pretty vague. You could probably talk a lot more about them to give us an idea of how they might act. For instance, what's something they might say that is indicative of their character, a quote. I find the premise interesting, but I'd like to hear a little more about your world. Something to get my feet wet.
Live Life Heroically

sociohat
Projects: The Nautch

#4 Post by sociohat »

Rossfellow wrote:First thing I noticed is the unique art style. The premise seems risky and it looks like it'd take a lot of effort to pull off, and I'm interested to see how you'd handle it.
Thanks for the feedback! I've been writing the script on Twine and I've been making Twine games for a while now (well, short, personal ones at least), so I hope those 'skills' translate well into making a visual novel. Mostly on the branching narrative part.

I haven't actually tried using Ren'py's menu system yet, so I'm pretty much just blowing my own trumpet here (also I'm bad with code).
AllegroDiRossi wrote:Really digging the art. I like the glitchy and collage aesthetic. The character descriptions are pretty vague. You could probably talk a lot more about them to give us an idea of how they might act. For instance, what's something they might say that is indicative of their character, a quote. I find the premise interesting, but I'd like to hear a little more about your world. Something to get my feet wet.
Wah, someone liked my art! Thank you!!

And yeah, I'm working on expanding the character and plot summaries. I'm quite bad at those in general.