Amarini mo Oku no Onnanoko + An Edit

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Doodleshy
Soundcloud: Doodleshy

Amarini mo Oku no Onnanoko + An Edit

#1 Post by Doodleshy »

So, I've got this idea in my head for a VN right? I want to make this so much, but I need some major help... I've got the main plot point down, but I have no idea where to go from here. I always have the worst cases of writer's block. I was hoping that I could form a team to help me with this.
Basic Plot
Kris, a student at an unspecified school, is slacking off as he always does in his afternoon classes. He lies his head on his desk and closes his eyes, drifting into the world of dreams. He is awoken by the afternoon bell which, for some reason, seems different. He awakens to see the classroom is devoid of people; he grabs his bag and heads out the door and into the hall. The halls seem different to him, but he can't tell why. After wandering past some groups of girls gossiping, he decides to ask someone for help. A teacher, standing by her classroom, tells him how to get to the exit. Upon exiting the school, he notices a sign in the courtyard which reads: Koto Kyoiku no Tame no Jogakko(In English: Girls' School for a Higher Education). The adventure begins here...
What I Need Help With
-Writers
-Background Artists
-Character Artists
-(Optional) Friends to Motivate me
-(Optional) Musicians
-(Optional) Voice Talents
-Basically Everything
Final Words
If you want to help or have any questions, rather than posting it here, you could contact me on Skype or Twitter. The former would probably receive the best results. Tell me what you think and stuff. I'm planning on using TyranoBuilder to make it. Hope to speak to you soon!
Edit: 7/1/2016 12:06 A.M. CST
So it's late(or early) and I've been doing a little something. I said I needed a writer, but really I want one. I don't think I'm that good at writing, but I gave it a go anyway. If you would, please, give me some feedback on what you think of this little intro bit I put together.

*sigh*
The teacher drones on about some subject we've covered a million times.
Teacher: ...now you divide the number you recieved from this equation into...
*Yawn*
Man, I'm tired. Did I get any sleep last night?
I try to keep myself awake by observing the classroom.
It's not a very big room, but, it's not small either. Along the walls are posters that remind students that they are, in fact, in a classroom; telling them to turn in homework on time or remember the order of operations, among other things.
There are five rows of desks, each consisting of seven desks. Students fill all but six of the desks, some of which seem to be more interested in sleeping rather than learning.
Teacher: Kris?
Kris: Huh?! What?!
Teacher: Could you answer this problem for us?
He doesn't realize I can see the answer key he had written on the board.
Kris: Um... 73?
Teacher: Correct! Very good, Kris!
I nod my head silently; if I were to speak another word, I would pass out from exhaustion.

I stopped there because I was tired. Just tell me what you think; should I continue to write it(would definitely take longer) or should I get someone else to write? Thanks for the feedback!
Last edited by Doodleshy on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Amarini mo Oku no Onnanoko

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

If you're looking for some brief advice and thoughts, then hopefully my comments below will be helpful.

1. If you're struggling to think about what the characters would do next, then think about writing things which *should not* happen next. Write genre-inappropriate or impossible events such as "Suddenly, a pirate ship appeared on the horizon!" or perhaps "Kris woke up to find himself turned into an iguana."

2. Think about writing two lists. One will be 'Things I want to include in my story.' The other one will be 'Things I prefer to avoid in my story.'
Doodleshy wrote: Kris, a student at an unspecified school, is slacking off as he always does in his afternoon classes. He lies his head on his desk and closes his eyes, drifting into the world of dreams. He is awoken by the afternoon bell which, for some reason, seems different. He awakens to see the classroom is devoid of people; he grabs his bag and heads out the door and into the hall. The halls seem different to him, but he can't tell why. After wandering past some groups of girls gossiping, he decides to ask someone for help. A teacher, standing by her classroom, tells him how to get to the exit. Upon exiting the school, he notices a sign in the courtyard which reads: Koto Kyoiku no Tame no Jogakko(In English: Girls' School for a Higher Education). The adventure begins here...
1. Did the main character enter a dream world or an alternate universe? Did he time travel?
2. Or is he suddenly in present day Japan with a full understanding of the language?
3. Did he exchange places with another person?
4. Who will Kris meet?
5. What is his specific goal? (It can be as straightforward as "Get home again.")
6. What's preventing him from achieving his goal?

Doodleshy

#3 Post by Doodleshy »

gekiganwing wrote: 1. Did the main character enter a dream world or an alternate universe? Did he time travel?
2. Or is he suddenly in present day Japan with a full understanding of the language?
3. Did he exchange places with another person?
4. Who will Kris meet?
5. What is his specific goal? (It can be as straightforward as "Get home again.")
6. What's preventing him from achieving his goal?
Thanks for the advice, geki! It really got me and my team(consisting of two other people) thinking. And now it's time for... ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS!!!!(applause)

1. Technically, it would be an alternate universe because it's like BOOM he's there. Know what I'm saying?
2. He was already Japanese... :?
3. If we like the game enough to warrant a sequel, then yyeeesss?... Maybe. If not, probably no.
Sorry, couldn't resist. But, seriously, we're still fleshing out and drafting characters; we don't quite know who is who and what is who and who is why is what and stuff.
5. Find his way home(which might not mean what you think it means).
6. Him being socially awkward is the main problem, and the fact that he has to share a dorm room with a girl... UWEH?!?

If you have any more questions, email us at cwtchiecoostudios@gmail.com. Thank you!

Mama J
Regular
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

#4 Post by Mama J »

Oooh, this sounds interesting! (Btw you seem like an extremely fun person and I love it :D )

I'd absolutely loooooove to help with this (I'm a writer and I'm pretty good at helping with character design/coming up with their backgrounds or personalities, etc.) BUT I'm swamped with projects atm! I really do hope to see this story become something more :) I'm quite interested in how things turn out for Kris. Anywho, good luck!! And I hope you find what you're looking for!

Doodleshy

#5 Post by Doodleshy »

Mama J wrote:Oooh, this sounds interesting! (Btw you seem like an extremely fun person and I love it :D )

I'd absolutely loooooove to help with this (I'm a writer and I'm pretty good at helping with character design/coming up with their backgrounds or personalities, etc.) BUT I'm swamped with projects atm! I really do hope to see this story become something more :) I'm quite interested in how things turn out for Kris. Anywho, good luck!! And I hope you find what you're looking for!
:D Thanks Mom! I'm trying to devote as much time and brain power as I can to this project. But, of course, life will sometimes get in the way. For now, I'm just using placeholder fair use character art before we get an official artist. Starting a story is always the hardest. Now multiply that by seven(the amount of characters we thought of,
including a gay character :wink:
). It's gonna be a doozy. :?