The Shining Light [KN][Fantasy]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
CrimsonTeaWitch
Completed: To Think
Projects: The Shining Light
Organization: RaspberryQuill
Tumblr: DraconicIrish
Deviantart: DraconicIrish

The Shining Light [KN][Fantasy]

#1 Post by CrimsonTeaWitch »

"When war presides within our hearts,
the only thing that shouts out is
the darkest parts of our souls."
PROJECT

When Era rescues a dragon egg from being crushed, she is soon faced with a choice. - To hand it over to the very men who wish to destroy the nesting eggs or to face the wrath of the very grown dragons who have come to reclaim those who yet survive. - When she refuses both sides , she is then at the mercy of her now unwilling hosts, who gather the remaining eggs along with the human girl and flee into the seeming sanctuary of dragon territory during a time of war between both of their kinds. Only the tiny nestling, hatched of the egg she bears, a water dragon with a kind heart named Keir, and a mysterious fire dragon named Creed, stand between her and the fury of the dragons who harbor her.

Type: Kinetic Novel
Genre: Fantasy
There's not going to be choices in this project, so it's more of a comic presented in visual novel form, as an experiment with that sort of story telling. Just wanted to give then head's up for this.

CHARACTERS

Era
Affiliation: Humans
Description: She has tufted brown hair, is somewhat childish with a rounded face, and has rare green eyes. She's fairly short for her age, but is lean and fit from her travels. Often seen wearing a satchel on her shoulder, and wears her hair down much of the time, giving her a relaxed, if timid appearance at first.

Keir
Affiliation: Dragons
Description: He has smoothed but wavy dark grey hair, and has amethyst colored eyes. In his dragon form he's dark grey and blue for his scales. He's average height with a lanky frame, and flexible. His skin is light and he's very much a laid back sort.

Creed
Affiliation: Dragons
Description: He's a bit cocky, with rich red hair and eyes of crimson red as well. In his dragon form, he's an intensely red dragon of varying hues with some orange and yellow highlights. He's got tanned skin, of a darker sort, and he's fairly tall, with a well muscled body.

CREDITS

Program: Ren'Py [http://renpy.org]
Story by: CrimsonTeaWitch [DraconicIrish.deviantart.com] and CzatoftheMoon [http://czatofthemoon.deviantart.com]
Music credits will be posted later on and any additional credits.
Last edited by CrimsonTeaWitch on Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: The Shining Light [VN][Fantasy]

#2 Post by Zelan »

If there aren't going to be any choices in your project, you should use the KN (Kinetic Novel) tag as oppose to the VN tag. ^_^

I like the logo! Who made that?

CrimsonTeaWitch

Re: The Shining Light [VN][Fantasy]

#3 Post by CrimsonTeaWitch »

Zelan wrote:If there aren't going to be any choices in your project, you should use the KN (Kinetic Novel) tag as oppose to the VN tag. ^_^

I like the logo! Who made that?
Thanks! I couldn't remember the right term for it. I edited the post for that, though. And, I made the logo.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: The Shining Light [KN][Fantasy]

#4 Post by Zelan »

You did an awesome job on it. ^_^ Do you plan on making more art for this game (such as backgrounds, sprites, etc.) or is it going to be completely text-based?

CrimsonTeaWitch

#5 Post by CrimsonTeaWitch »

Zelan wrote:You did an awesome job on it. ^_^ Do you plan on making more art for this game (such as backgrounds, sprites, etc.) or is it going to be completely text-based?
Thanks so much! Yes, I do plan to make more art for it. There's going to be illustrations for the scenes in the story, to depict what's happening as the events in the story go along. I'm not really sure about using sprites yet, but the characters will show up along with the background areas in the illustrations, so I think that will make up for it. I do plan to have music as well.

CrimsonTeaWitch

#6 Post by CrimsonTeaWitch »

I finally am back from hiatus and with a half-body sprite example of Creed to show!
I finally have internet again and am able to get back to working on this project.
Creed with Wings [Smaller].png

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Zelan »

He looks cool! I love those wings. c:

CrimsonTeaWitch