Ren'Ai Studio Project ...abandoned ._.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
darkknight
Veteran

#16 Post by darkknight »

I'll take Australia...Mate

While we are at it we might-as-well look for Sai (I think she is still hiding from the halloween thing) and there is about 200 people that dont post anymore.
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

RedSlash
Veteran

#17 Post by RedSlash »

Anyone got his picture? Need to start putting it on the back of milk cartons.

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#18 Post by Sai »

darkknight wrote:While we are at it we might-as-well look for Sai (I think she is still hiding from the halloween thing)
I'm not here, honest.

I've been busy with Uni... ^^; Tons of work as usual... @_@ Can't wait until Easter... >_< I'll at least have *some* break then....

... So not much happening with me although I did cave in to the masses and make a (warning: shameless plug inevitable) Deviantart account (because I STILL never got around to putting my art site back up...)
http://soudou.deviantart.com/
(note: shameless plug over, you can unshield your eyes now)

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#19 Post by Megaman Z »

well, now we can focus our efforts on the one person left on my list (Shadosa recently posted over at the games section in the Guilty Gear XX #RELOAD thread I made. thought that would get his attention [and a few more replies. am I scaring people out of that section?]) which would be Tage. his website is still up, so that could be good news. and (according to his news) he's working on a NaNoRenO project. still, you would think he'd at least give us an update on the ren'ai studio project. and no, I don't have a picture. (to random people in building) I WANTED THOSE SURVEILANCE PHOTOS TWENTY MINUTES AGO!

Search slots still open in europe and asia

[edit: if nio doesn't post soon, we may have to add him (her?) to the list.]
~Kitsune Zeta

darkknight
Veteran

#20 Post by darkknight »

sai, really nice artwork

megaman, two down and it only took a day....
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#21 Post by Sai »

darkknight wrote:sai, really nice artwork
Thanks! I really appreciate it ^^

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Megaman Z »

darkknight wrote:megaman, two down and it only took a day....
those would be the easy ones, unfortunately... Tage may take about as long as some of the people on the FBI most wanted list...

still empty search slots in europe and asia. and if jerials doesn't report soon, antartica will be up for grabs.

(I don't see him on the mediterranean part of africa. moving to the bulge).
~Kitsune Zeta

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Megaman Z »

Ironically, it's AFTER a known programmer in VisBASIC goes AWOL that I start having problems with VisBASIC... select case structure just went nuts on my project. (1st it said "case else outside select case" then it said "end select without select case". I checked the entire subroutine, and nothing seems to be wrong. I'd rather not post the code here, but if I can't figure it out, I may...) (the program IS written in VisBASIC, right?)

still no sign of Tage
~Kitsune Zeta

darkknight
Veteran

#24 Post by darkknight »

Ah my friend that is what we in the "bis" call the worst part of programming. Their is nothing worst than getting an error but nothing is wrong and the error does not make much sense.

RedSlash
Veteran

#25 Post by RedSlash »

Alot of times I find that sometimes you look over somethings so much and you think it is perfect but you just miss out on the little detail. Or sometimes you're just looking in the wrong place. What I'd do is delete the problematic block and see if it runs. Then slowly placing pieces of the block back in, while test running it. Maybe that will help you solve the problem! Good luck!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#26 Post by mikey »

Megaman Z wrote:... his [Tage's] website is still up, so that could be good news. and (according to his news) he's working on a NaNoRenO project.
He posted on Jan 20 he isn't going to make it, I thought it was dated March, but it is January :?

I'll search Europe then... But I think he'll come back when he has sorted out whatever's been keeping him from updating the page and probably going online.

darkknight
Veteran

#27 Post by darkknight »

Oh my....I think I know what happend......NOooooooo....He...found the outside world...It burns it burns....

And on a side not which i dont think many people will care but I took my credits and switched colleges....I am now going to TESST and....even better I got a letter form a local comcast that stated they know that i am interested in the career of "computer technician" and they would like to keep in touch with me as i further my education... that is all

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Megaman Z »

I'm still a little worried about the guy...
I previously wrote:select case structure just went nuts on my project. (1st it said "case else outside select case" then it said "end select without select case". I checked the entire subroutine, and nothing seems to be wrong. I'd rather not post the code here, but if I can't figure it out, I may...)
figured it out... here's pretty much where it falled apart (numbers on the left refer to the approx. line of code):

Code: Select all

private sub [subroutine name]
001if HPNOW > 0 or...[trim, trying to save space]
002select case progress
003      case is = 1
004            [code statements, yatta yatta]
...[trim]
300      case is = 13
301            if Ucase$(charaname) = [snipped, as I'm not ruining this little easter egg!] then
302                  charaname = [snipped, see above]
303                  NM [snipped, see above]
304            NM "you agree to... [snipped] 'the "NM" subroutine is my "Add message" subroutine, like messageboxes in RPG tsukuru. it sets whatever follows it to be the caption of a specific label after bumping the other messages.
...[trim]
320      case else
321            [autosave code, to be removed for final distribution]
326end select
327else if HPNOW < 1 then
328...[some additional code for if HP hits zero (or below)]
???end if
end sub
turns out, between lines 303 and 304, I needed another statement... if I removed the case else and end select statements, I would have gotten "select case without end select" (line "???" was an end if), and then add that to the end and get "block if without end if". really annoying... :evil: ... but nothing compared to the savegame bug I had previously... (RedSlash, don't you even say a word!)
~Kitsune Zeta

RedSlash
Veteran

#29 Post by RedSlash »

(RedSlash, don't you even say a word!)
Sorry, I have to ask! What are you building?? Some kind of RPG builder? Haha, just interested from reading the snippets of code.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by Megaman Z »

in another thread I wrote:for those interested in... the project I'm working on (which will not be close to done by the end of the month), I'll post [some notes about] it up when NaNoRenO is over.
this still stands. so wait about [looks up] another 12 days, 14h, 2m, XXsec., okay? (the HP is to be dispayed in the same style as "love Hina advance", and that's all i'm revealing for now)

as far as what the words you quoted were aimed at...
RedSlash wrote:Alot of times I find that sometimes you look over somethings so much and you think it is perfect but you just miss out on the little detail. Or sometimes you're just looking in the wrong place. What I'd do is delete the problematic block and see if it runs. Then slowly placing pieces of the block back in, while test running it. Maybe that will help you solve the problem! Good luck!
~Kitsune Zeta