Ren'Ai Studio Project ...abandoned ._.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Tage
Regular

Ren'Ai Studio Project ...abandoned ._.

#1 Post by Tage »

Project closed: Yah yah, I know, I suck | Explanation

:o おはようございます!

After PyTom introduced me to the Python programming language, I've been fiddling with it and trying to make a Ren'Ai game-making program. (THANK YOU PYTOM!) Don't get me wrong...It is nothing to compete with PyTom's wonderful program. No no, it's a program that actually makes the Ren'Py script for you. Yes, I'm trying to make the very easy...even easier! n.n; All you have to do is work with a graphical user interface (GUI).

Now, this program is still in the works... Oh yah, since I'm a newb programmer, I can only assure you that the program works on Windows XP Pro... :cry: Okay, what was I saying? Oh yah, this program isn't even in an alpha stage yet. I just wanted to post here and see if there is anyone that isn't using Ren'Py just because it's too confusing programming-wise. And if so... I want to know if you would start making Ren'Ai games with my program if it was completed. Anyone that is interested in using this program, even if you don't fit the above description...by all means, tell me. Your voice counts too! n.n;

The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to place this program on my daily priorities list. For me, getting more fan-made Ren'Ai games out into the public is a pretty high priority. :D But if no one would use it, then I have no need to put it high on my priority list.

I have put my own game on pause for this because I want to use this program myself, lol. Programming Ren'Py script is not hard, but I find it hard to organize myself. (I'm not a very organized person)

Progress List:
  • Text editor and all regular text editor features implemented
  • New, Save, Save As, and Open implemented for text editor only
  • GUI for part of the configuration section created
  • GUI for part of the character section created
A few screenshots...
Text Editor
Configuration Screen
Character Screen

What I've got working so far if you want to fool around with it -.- It is an .exe file. Around 5.61MB too.
Ren'Ai Studio

Note: As this is in development, many things could possibly change. This is NOT a final GUI you're looking at. Also, I am open to feature requests and placement suggestions of the interface. n.n; This is, after all, my first application. -.-;

Development Journal:
Characters: I plan to add dialogue options for each character and image selection options for each character.
Backgrounds: I plan to make it where you just select what backgrounds you want to use for later use in your story. You can of course, preview your backgrounds here too.
Sounds: Another library like above, I plan to add a preview option for this too.
Background Music: All I see in the near future is just a library. I don't have any means of playing music files with the package I'm using at the moment.
Story: This is where you type in your story! Just click specified buttons if you want to add text, menus, characters, backgrounds, sounds, music, or script code!
Splashscreen: Manage your own splashscreen with simple options.
Menus: Configure all the menus here!
Configuration: Configure miscellaneous options here!
Script Code: Hey, why would you want to use this? =P You could just write your own script... n.n;
Run Game: If it's possible to run an executable from another program, I'll implement this so you can test your game with a simple click of the button...
Last edited by Tage on Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:53 am, edited 6 times in total.

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#2 Post by Sai »

Sounds great.
I've never got into RenPy yet. Since I'm doing some programming it would probably be easy to do but at the moment I think I'm gonna be lazy (I have enough code to do for work as it is so heh) and have a friend program for me who is very good at it. I'm all for a graphical/buttons interface program though.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#3 Post by PyTom »

Nifty.

Since it's not done, I won't link it from the Ren'Py homepage quite yet. But I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this. Tool support for a programming language is really important when it comes to writing code in that language.

Two features I find really help are syntax highlighting and hanging indents, just FYI.

Dre
Regular

#4 Post by Dre »

Haha, and I was just thinking to myself Ren'py would work nice with a GUI system. I'm currently making a quick game so I could get use to the order that the scirpt has to be in and such.(not much an organizer either) This would work great for someone like me. I say keep up the good work. 8)

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#5 Post by Otaku Dash »

I really haven't start using Ren'Py yet but i always dowload the latest versions. This should make Ren'Py script creation even more easy! :D i say: Go for it!! :)
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#6 Post by rioka »

Wonderful idea Tage. It'll come in handy for those especially long scripts. Go for it! ^_^

RedSlash
Veteran

#7 Post by RedSlash »

I'll admit that the coding maybe slightly confusing for the beginner.. therefore a good gui is required. The app looks promising!

Tage
Regular

#8 Post by Tage »

:shock: So...many... positive responses... *sniffles* :cry: (<- happy tears, lol)
:wink: Okay, it's up there pretty high on my priority list now. n.n I work on it a little every day.

Binki
Regular

#9 Post by Binki »

Do you have any idea when you'll be done?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#10 Post by mikey »

Tage hasn't been around for a few weeks now. :( Hope he finds back soon.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#11 Post by Megaman Z »

[cheesy joke alert]
hmm... his last post was feb. 11, 2005, so I'm thinking... HE WAS KIDNAPPED
[/cheesy joke alert]
TAGE, IF YOU CAN HEAR ME-(what? ...oh... sorry 'bout that. let me try again...)*cough*
TAGE, IF YOU CAN HEAR US, GET US AN UPDATE ON THIS!

and on a somehow related note, that makes two people who are MIA. (Shadosa is the other one...)
~Kitsune Zeta

RedSlash
Veteran

#12 Post by RedSlash »

Hmm.. it has been a while hasn't it? I'm sure he'll one day misteriously reappear.

darkknight
Veteran

#13 Post by darkknight »

Send out the serch party...Megaman you lead...
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#14 Post by Megaman Z »

wh-whaa?!?

okay, okay... S+R isn't my department... let's see... Jerials can search Antartica, RedSlash can search S. America, I'll Search Africa (and get my rear end handed back to me half a million times), darkknight can search... somewhere... I don't really care, Binki can search stateside, and that leaves Australia, Asia, and Europe with nobody assigned to them...
~Kitsune Zeta

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#15 Post by kara24601 »

I'd search Europe for you but I'm still in America and don't plan on a trip anytime soon.
:lol:
( I was born in Germany so I just had to "say" something. *snicker* )
Last edited by kara24601 on Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.