Write to Life[Writing Tutorial Game]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Empish
Veteran
Projects: Efemural Hearts, It Ends With Graduation
itch: empish

Write to Life[Writing Tutorial Game]

#1 Post by Empish »

Title is tentative, so if anyone has a better one let me know. >.>

You are a college student who has been assigned to write a story based on a favorite book or series. So you choose one. But somehow *insert hand-waving I-will-figure-out-how-later magic here* the characters come to life! It's up to you to write what happens next. Are your characters just creations, or are they real people you control with your writing? Will you choose to date one or keep yourself out of the ethical quandary?

I want this game to give you choices of how to write your story, which will be a finished product generated by the game. You'll even get a final grade, based on technical aspects of how well-written it is and how well-plotted it is. And because I don't want to try to write an analyzer that will grade arbitrary writing, it'll be choice-based composition rather than free-writing.

So, in order to decide what's good and what's bad, I turn to you, the authors. What makes objectively good writing? Flow, grammar, imagery, etc. What makes "subjectively" good writing? Character development, believeability, things like that. What are different areas of strength a writer can have? This all needs to be quantified before I can start development.

Also, if any artists or writers want to jump on board, please let me know. I won't be really dedicating myself to this game for a while, because I have others to work on, but we can brainstorm at least now.