The Blood Stained Princess (GxB, Medieval Fantasy, Romance)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Daydreamer97
Tumblr: otomedaydreams.tumblr.com

The Blood Stained Princess (GxB, Medieval Fantasy, Romance)

#1 Post by Daydreamer97 »

I started learning Ren'py! Unfortunately, I still can't draw or make music so I'll make this an experimental game of sorts to try out programming and writing a visual novel. Fortunately, there's a lot of free resources I can use for backgrounds so it doesn't look too boring.

This is the second of the two novels I wanted to turn into otome games. It's not as ambitious as the first one so I'll have time to work on this. I'll probably be able to properly complete this in a few years though but I hope the story will be done long before then.

Once I finish the script, I might release this in NVL format to gain feedback.
The Blood Stained Princess
The Royal House of Varryl has a rather...strange tradition. On the day of their 18th birthday, royal princes and princesses set out incognito to find true love...or just someone to marry. Princess Madeleine is no exception, only she's on a mission to win the cold heart of the Earl of Loretia- the only man who can save her Royal House. Unfortunately, it's not so easy when Reval and its young duke is right next door and wants the throne...

So this one will be shorter and less ambitious.

Features:

2 routes
4-6 endings
Unknown length.
16+ game (Violence, Mild sexual situations)

Characters:

Princess Madeleine: A princess who sets out in search of true love. Or does she? Influenced by her late mother, Madeleine secretly wants the throne for herself. Will she end up saving her family or destroying them?

The Duke of Reval: A beautiful and terrifying man. He wants to claim the throne for his own and will stop at nothing to get it. To him, Madeleine is the key to the throne. Madeleine finds herself intrigued by this complex and ambitious man with a family history rife with secrets and suspicion.

The Earl of Loretia: He remains neutral between the House of Reval and the House of Varryl. Nevertheless, He is a strong and capable general with a powerful army. Perhaps not just a little bit uptight and traditional. Seemingly cold at first, there seems to be hidden sides to him as well.

Questions:

1. What do you think of the concept?
2. Which of the two love interests appeals more to you?
3. Do you have any feedback, criticisms or suggestions?

Statistics:

The game contains 542 dialogue blocks, containing 8,192 words and 42,958
characters, for an average of 15.1 words and 79 characters per block.

The game contains 4 menus, 24 images, and 35 screens.

Writing: 10% completed