[ON HINATUS] The Purring Demon's Love [BxB][Romance][Fantasy]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
mitoky
Veteran
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie

[ON HINATUS] The Purring Demon's Love [BxB][Romance][Fantasy]

#1 Post by mitoky »

Hello everyone!

I have sad news. The Purring Demon's Love is being put on hold for undefinite time.
Since a few months i feel like i have hit a wall with it and it makes it harder and harder to work on. After a lot of though, i decided i wish to take a break from TPDL.

I am really sorry for that and hope that you understand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

♦ General Information ♦

The Purring Demon's Love (or TPDL for short) is a free BxB Visual Novel.
The game will be in english and have 15 endings.

♦ Story ♦

The city of Lynsea has been plagued with fights and disputes for a long time. Therefore the city was divided into two parts: a smaller peaceful zone and the main part which is considered the war zone.
The war zone is considered to be avoided by both citizens and police of the peaceful zone.

To this day the truth behind the fights and the cause remain unknown to the citizens of the peaceful zone, completely oblivious to the fact that it's a fight between demons.

You play as Maki, a 19 year old university student living in the peaceful zone. One day when coming home you see that someone broke into your apartment without anything missing.
At first, you don't think too much of it, but soon you will see that everything is changing and that you will be involved in the war zone, which can cost you your life and forces you to face what (and who) you are.

♦ Main Characters ♦

Maki is a 19 year old university student. He lives in an apartment close to the border of the peaceful zone. He is usually calm and collected.

Nanami is a 17 year old dragon demon with a hot blooded personality or rather, a blunt personality. Despite that, he is a good boy who dislikes violence.

Kou is 20 years old and Maki’s childhood friend. Like him, he is an university student. He is usually kind and caring but occasionally he acts affectionate or distant.

Zura is a raven demon, owning and living in a library located in the war zone. He is very lively and teasing yet a composed looking person which makes one question what he might do next.

Ruichi is a 25 year old Snake Demon, living together with Zura in the library. Ruichi appears rather quiet and cold.

♦ What i would like to know ♦

Do yout think the story is appealing so far?
What would you like to see from that project?
Would you be interessed in playing it?
Any suggestion?

Thank you!~
Last edited by mitoky on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: The Purring Demon's Love [BxB][Romance][Fantasy]

#2 Post by Zelan »

Do you think the story is appealing so far? There really isn't a lot to go on - you haven't explained much about the war. The plot doesn't really grab my attention. The characters seem cool, though.
When it says that Maki is confronting "what he actually is," what does that mean? Is he a demon?
What would you like to see from that project? Dynamic characters. An interesting plot. A little bit of world-building, since this is a fantasy VN.
Would you be interessed in playing it? Maybe. Like I said, the plot doesn't grab my attention, but I am a sucker for BxB so. *shrugs*
Any suggestion? I would suggest finding someone to proofread for you. There are some grammatical errors in this post, which makes me think that there will probably be some in your writing, too, but it's always good to have a proofreader regardless of your writing skill.

mitoky
Veteran

#3 Post by mitoky »

Zelan wrote:Do you think the story is appealing so far? There really isn't a lot to go on - you haven't explained much about the war. The plot doesn't really grab my attention. The characters seem cool, though.
When it says that Maki is confronting "what he actually is," what does that mean? Is he a demon?
What would you like to see from that project? Dynamic characters. An interesting plot. A little bit of world-building, since this is a fantasy VN.
Would you be interessed in playing it? Maybe. Like I said, the plot doesn't grab my attention, but I am a sucker for BxB so. *shrugs*
Any suggestion? I would suggest finding someone to proofread for you. There are some grammatical errors in this post, which makes me think that there will probably be some in your writing, too, but it's always good to have a proofreader regardless of your writing skill.

Thank you very much for your feedback. (:
Yes, you are right, i will add more informations about the plot as soon as possible!
Maybe! ^^
My writing isn't very skilled that's why i plan to hire an editor as soon as i can. As for proofreaders, i have a few people which would volunteer to proof the script. Thank you for the advice!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

No problem! ^_^ Good luck!

EuphoniousChaos

#5 Post by EuphoniousChaos »

Do you think the story is appealing so far?
Well, there isn't much of it, so I'm not quite sure what to think yet, but I'll probably post more about it when more details come out ^_^

The characters sound interesting, so I'm pretty interested in seeing more about them (I have a feeling that Zura is already going to be my fave)

Would you be interested in playing it?
I'd definitely give it a shot! As of now there's not too much to go on, but again, once more stuff comes out I'd be a bit more invested.

Any suggestions?
With the proofreading/editing thing already covered, I don't think so!

I tend to really like vns with supernatural/paranormal characters, so I'm curious/hopeful to see where this goes. Good luck! :)

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#6 Post by Chasing Summer »

Oh! You made a new thread for it, Buri?

Do yout think the story is appealing so far? Of course. Demons are always interesting, :)

What would you like to see from that project? A good background story/lore for the demons and interesting interactions between the bachelors.

Would you be interessed in playing it? Duh.

Any suggestion? Not at the moment really! :)
new account: sonnenblumen

mitoky
Veteran

#7 Post by mitoky »

EuphoniousChaos wrote:Do you think the story is appealing so far?
Well, there isn't much of it, so I'm not quite sure what to think yet, but I'll probably post more about it when more details come out ^_^

The characters sound interesting, so I'm pretty interested in seeing more about them (I have a feeling that Zura is already going to be my fave)

I'd definitely give it a shot! As of now there's not too much to go on, but again, once more stuff comes out I'd be a bit more invested.

Any suggestions?
With the proofreading/editing thing already covered, I don't think so!

I tend to really like vns with supernatural/paranormal characters, so I'm curious/hopeful to see where this goes. Good luck! :)
Thank you very much! I will do my best to get more informations out as soon as possible! (:

mitoky
Veteran

#8 Post by mitoky »

Chasing Summer wrote:Oh! You made a new thread for it, Buri?

Do yout think the story is appealing so far? Of course. Demons are always interesting, :)

What would you like to see from that project? A good background story/lore for the demons and interesting interactions between the bachelors.

Would you be interessed in playing it? Duh.

Any suggestion? Not at the moment really! :)
Hihi Pinky! Yes, i did. The old one actually got too messy regarding informations, since i refined the plot more. I also had made the thread way before too, when the story was very diffrent. So i though it's better to make a "clean start". (:
Thank you for the reply! I will do my best to meet the expections owo)9

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#9 Post by Chasing Summer »

Oh, that’s good though! I agree that a fresh start is good if a lot of things changed. :)

I’ll be patiently waiting for the game and more updates. Keep up the good work and let me know if you need any help!
new account: sonnenblumen

mitoky
Veteran

#10 Post by mitoky »

Chasing Summer wrote:Oh, that’s good though! I agree that a fresh start is good if a lot of things changed. :)

I’ll be patiently waiting for the game and more updates. Keep up the good work and let me know if you need any help!
Thank you, i will! (:

shadowkazaki
Regular
Projects: Descendant of the Moon

#11 Post by shadowkazaki »

Itozuuu wrote:
The Purring Demon's Love

General Information
The Purring Demon's Love is a free BxB Visual Novel which will be made by me. The game will have 4 dateable guys.

Story
You play Maki, a 19 year old University Student. One day when coming home you see that someone broke into your appartment without anything missing.
At first, you don't think too much of it, but soon you will see that everything is changing and that you will be involved in a war. A war, which can cost you your life and forces you to face what you are.

Main Characters

Maki is a 19 year old University student. His life gets turned upside down on the day he noticed that someone had broken into his appartment.

Nanami is a 17 year old dragon demon boy with a hot blooded personality or rather said, blunt personality. He is very eager to prove himself.

Kou is 20 years old and Maki's chilhood friend. Like him, he is
an Uniservity student. He is usually very kind and caring, yet does act spoiled at times.

Zura is a Raven Demon, owning and living in a libary located in the Demon Territory. He is a very lively and teasing, yet composed looking person which makes one question what he might do next.

Ruichi is a 25 years old Snake Demon, living together with Zura in the libary. Ruichi appears rather quiet and seems rather cold.

What i would like to know:
Any suggestion?

Thank you!~
Do you think the story is appealing so far? I find the concept quite appealing. Especially with the mysterious beginning of the break in. Demon stories can be very different, depending on the types of demons and such.
What would you like to see from that project? I would like to see more about the demons, their relationships with the other demons,
and why exactly are they having a war. Especially since the protag gets dragged into it.
Would you be interested in playing it? Definitely! I would love to see what comes out of it. I would gladly beta test as well if needed.
Any suggestion? The types of Demons are animals, why not make the basis of them off actual types of demons? Not saying it has to be 100% the same, but using their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses as reference.

mitoky
Veteran

#12 Post by mitoky »

shadowkazaki wrote: Do you think the story is appealing so far? I find the concept quite appealing. Especially with the mysterious beginning of the break in. Demon stories can be very different, depending on the types of demons and such.
What would you like to see from that project? I would like to see more about the demons, their relationships with the other demons,
and why exactly are they having a war. Especially since the protag gets dragged into it.
Would you be interested in playing it? Definitely! I would love to see what comes out of it. I would gladly beta test as well if needed.
Any suggestion? The types of Demons are animals, why not make the basis of them off actual types of demons? Not saying it has to be 100% the same, but using their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses as reference.
Thank you for your reply!
I agree, a "demon" can always be something very diffrent from story to story.
As you said, the demons in my story are indeed animal based! However, its not exactly the case either! There are 2 bases for the demon's in my game with animal demon's being the second and having a relation to the first (kinda). For the rest, you will have to see in game. (:

Thank you very much for the offer to be a beta tester! I will keep it in mind!
Have a nice day~

CosmicFan

#13 Post by CosmicFan »

Yes, actually. I would like a bigger description of the story and some character art* so I know what they look like, but the Buffy fan in me will always have a thing for sexy demons.

*Nevermind, I saw the game's tumblr.

Anything? Explicit sex scenes. But I totally understand if it's not part of your vision for the game.

Yeah.

Any suggestion?

Explicit sex scenes.

mitoky
Veteran

#14 Post by mitoky »

CosmicFan wrote:Do you think the story is appealing so far?

Yes, actually. I would like a bigger description of the story and some character art* so I know what they look like, but the Buffy fan in me will always have a thing for sexy demons.

*Nevermind, I saw the game's tumblr.

Anything? Explicit sex scenes. But I totally understand if it's not part of your vision for the game.

Yeah.

Any suggestion?

Explicit sex scenes.
I plan to update the summary and character describtions when making a huger update this year (:
Currently most of the work for the game is being done behind the scenes and writing focused, so please excuse the old art! >.<

The game will have sex scenes in the character's after end. There will be CG's for each character for those, so they will be without a doubt "sex scene cg's", however, i will not go into too much details visually.

Thank you for the reply and your interess in the game, i will do my best. ^^
If you have more questions, please feel free to ask!

Have a nice day~

mitoky
Veteran

#15 Post by mitoky »

A small update with bad & half good/normal (?) news:

Due to an error of my computer i was forced to reinstall and wasn't able to back up anything beforehand. I lost all my process and i am technically back at the start again.

However, everything was plotted out completly and script mainly done so everything is still fresh in my mind. I have started to note everything down and will start rewriting soon.
Additionally, due the help of wonderful friends, i have a few screenshots of logo drafts, sketches, the complete planned game concept (how the points system etc works) as well as the short music drafts for the opening as well as background music.
I will do my best to rework everything as fast as possible.

I am sincerely sorry for everyone who is waiting for this project that it will take longer than originally expected.
I can promise though that the project will, under no cirumstances, be cancelled.

Thank you for reading. I wish you have a nice day!
Ito

(note: please excuse any typos which have been made)