[ON HINATUS] The Purring Demon's Love [BxB][Romance][Fantasy]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
shadowkazaki
Regular
Projects: Descendant of the Moon

Re: The Purring Demon's Love [BxB][Romance][Fantasy]

#16 Post by shadowkazaki »

Glad you had such wonderful friends to help you out.
Good luck!

mitoky
Veteran
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie

#17 Post by mitoky »

shadowkazaki wrote:Glad you had such wonderful friends to help you out.
Good luck!
Thank you!

mitoky
Veteran

#18 Post by mitoky »

Small Update, added a Logo for the game. Character sketches to be added either this or next week!
I am currently i am in the middle of reworking the lost process, so sorry for less activity ><

Also, here you have a quick Maki sketch! Have a nice day~
Attachments
makidoodle1.png

runadial
Regular
Completed: My Only Sunshine
Projects: CrossDol (BL), Forsaken
Organization: astellic

#19 Post by runadial »

(1) Do you think the story is appealing so far?
  • Admittedly, the plot seems a bit vague, but I guess that's normal. Otherwise, I like the idea and I think the story is appealing to me so far, especially with all the characters and the demons. Plus, I think all the characters are interesting and have their charm. And the Halloween illa did little to nothing to cease my interest... cue a cough here.
(2) What would you like to see from that project?
  • I would like to see the story unfold. I'm also curious about some certain stuff, so I look forward to seeing that unfold in the story. I also would love to see the art... all that naughty stuff, hehe. Another thing is the character backgrounds; I'm looking forward to seeing the impact on this "war".
(3) Would you be interested in playing it?
  • Yes, definitely. I'm all in for it~ And you know who I will be playing first!
(4) Any suggestion?
  • Just take your time! If I had any suggestions, I already shared them with you, so! No, other than spelling and some grammar in the initial post that you may want to fix up in your spare time. For example, "interessed" is spelled "interested". Otherwise, I can't wait to see the game come out and make progress again!

mitoky
Veteran

#20 Post by mitoky »

runadial wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:24 pm (1) Do you think the story is appealing so far?
  • Admittedly, the plot seems a bit vague, but I guess that's normal. Otherwise, I like the idea and I think the story is appealing to me so far, especially with all the characters and the demons. Plus, I think all the characters are interesting and have their charm. And the Halloween illa did little to nothing to cease my interest... cue a cough here.
(2) What would you like to see from that project?
  • I would like to see the story unfold. I'm also curious about some certain stuff, so I look forward to seeing that unfold in the story. I also would love to see the art... all that naughty stuff, hehe. Another thing is the character backgrounds; I'm looking forward to seeing the impact on this "war".
(3) Would you be interested in playing it?
  • Yes, definitely. I'm all in for it~ And you know who I will be playing first!
(4) Any suggestion?
  • Just take your time! If I had any suggestions, I already shared them with you, so! No, other than spelling and some grammar in the initial post that you may want to fix up in your spare time. For example, "interessed" is spelled "interested". Otherwise, I can't wait to see the game come out and make progress again!
Thank you very much for your reply!
I agree that the summary is indeed vague and that i will try to change it sooner or later! Otherwise i am happy that the story appeals to you >w<
And thank you very much for the advice! I want to try to make process but i definitely won't rush the project as i want to do everyhting with care and as good as i am cable of. As for writing, thanks for pointing it out! I think it might not be a bad idea to find someone who corrects my writing (in posts and wummary etc for now), as i am aware my grammer and spelling lack a lot ^^''

mitoky
Veteran

#21 Post by mitoky »

It's been a while since my last update and i have a few small things to share.

First of all, i decided to do status updates every to every second month!

The second thing is that i managed to redo quite a bit of the story script. It’s not as much as i would like to have gotten done in that time and still the common route but i am still happy about it.

The third thing is that i am currently redoing character sketches/sheets and changing the cloth designes a bit as well so they look better. Once done, i will like to add them to the main post (since its long overdue)

Next thing is that i got a bit more acquaintanced with coding. For a small test, i input the game’s very basic layout into it and it worked. It might not be perfect but at least i understand the basics better and have more confidence for later on.

The next thing i am trying to learn is GUI making, since that’s a field i didn’t touched at all yet. I am a complete novice to it hence it won’t be easy but i am trying my best to study it. Also, i managed to create a sketched draft of what i image for the games GUI.
(Please note that this is a draft and not the final one in any way. Perhaps it will be exactly like this or it might be completly diffrent~)

TPDL GUI Draft.png

Anyways it think that was about all the news i had to share. I think this might be my longest post so far (yay). As promised at the beginning of the post, i will try to stick to the “at least an update every 1-2 months” thing.

That’s all! Like always, for any questions feel free to drop me an ask.

Have a nice day!

sd.PNG

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#22 Post by runeraccoon »

Good luck with your endeavor! More BxB games <3

1. About the story appeal... Not really? I think the characters are sort of interesting, but I need a sentence (or more) to connect the story to the sudden appearance of dragons and demons. Basically, I need better Summary. ^^;; Once the illustrations are in, I think this will improve, though.

2. Expectations... Cats! Come on, you can't mention purring without cats or kittens. Jokes aside, though, I think I'm expecting a good lore to wrap the whole plot up together. I do wish Maki to be able to stand up for himself instead of being rescued, and I mention this only because the demons sound badass. Whip those badass' asses, Maki!

3. Whether I play it or not will depend on the characterization and more info. I'm always happy and fully supporting a new BxB game, but I'm too lazy to play the games, most of the times. XD Oh, and players' reviews can spur me into playing them as well.

4. Suggestion? Good luck with the reboot of the game, since your datas are missing, I presume? That's the making of a great GUI in your sketch, I hope you can pull them off! And definitely, please get at least a proofreader. A tiny typo might not be disturbing, but you're going to have great arts and other stuffs, so I don't want to see the VN's quality suffers from that... :"D

mitoky
Veteran

#23 Post by mitoky »

fuicchi wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:33 am Good luck with your endeavor! More BxB games <3

1. About the story appeal... Not really? I think the characters are sort of interesting, but I need a sentence (or more) to connect the story to the sudden appearance of dragons and demons. Basically, I need better Summary. ^^;; Once the illustrations are in, I think this will improve, though.

2. Expectations... Cats! Come on, you can't mention purring without cats or kittens. Jokes aside, though, I think I'm expecting a good lore to wrap the whole plot up together. I do wish Maki to be able to stand up for himself instead of being rescued, and I mention this only because the demons sound badass. Whip those badass' asses, Maki!

3. Whether I play it or not will depend on the characterization and more info. I'm always happy and fully supporting a new BxB game, but I'm too lazy to play the games, most of the times. XD Oh, and players' reviews can spur me into playing them as well.

4. Suggestion? Good luck with the reboot of the game, since your datas are missing, I presume? That's the making of a great GUI in your sketch, I hope you can pull them off! And definitely, please get at least a proofreader. A tiny typo might not be disturbing, but you're going to have great arts and other stuffs, so I don't want to see the VN's quality suffers from that... :"D
Thank you very much for your feedback! I added a bit more to the summary and will update it today.

The demons in my story are based on animals a bit. While some people see demons as the kind to be summoned for example, in my interpretation they are similar to humans, just way stronger etc and with a few small traits, which they "animal" parts comes from in the name!

The game name actually doens't really has that because of cats directs (i know i know, very misleading! xD) but the name has to do with it i think, even if the reference is veeery far fetched. Of players understand the reference or not is up to see and not too important if not since, as said, its a very farfetched reference. So please don't take the title too serious xD

Thank you very much! Indeed, i recently had lost my process due to my pc and am in middle of redoing everything while learning new things. (lesson learned, dont keep everything on pc only)

And yes! I will without a doubt be getting a proofreader/editor for my game. I would'nt dare not to ><

mitoky
Veteran

#24 Post by mitoky »

Summary is updated now and summary as well as character describtions corrected. A huge thank you to runadial for correcting everything!

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#25 Post by runeraccoon »

mitoky wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:19 pm Summary is updated now and summary as well as character describtions corrected. A huge thank you to runadial for correcting everything!
There you go, that hooks me in. >:D
I think the summary can be more concise, but the art of effective writing comes with practice, so I'm not complaining. Looking forward for the updates~

mitoky
Veteran

#26 Post by mitoky »

fuicchi wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:07 pm
mitoky wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:19 pm Summary is updated now and summary as well as character describtions corrected. A huge thank you to runadial for correcting everything!
There you go, that hooks me in. >:D
I think the summary can be more concise, but the art of effective writing comes with practice, so I'm not complaining. Looking forward for the updates~

Thank you very much! (:

mitoky
Veteran

#27 Post by mitoky »

With august reaching toward it’s end, its time for the monthly update.
This month i was mainly busy with writing, but i still do have a few things to tell about.

First of all i managed to finish the character sheets and now can make the sprites. So within the next month there will be a character art update (:
The changes are only related to the clothing. Hence the characters looks, aside from small adjustments like fluffier hair/small changes etc, didnt changed.

I too did correct mistakes i found in the points system i had made for my game in a test file last month. Now everything should be properly working and can be used.

The next thing i did the past 2 months was familiarizing myself with a music software, since the game will have original music. I even managed to do a BGM track i had in mind.

Here a small sneek peak of that!

Its not perfect yet but i am still happy with it. (:

Otherwise, i am trying my best with BG practice and GUI making. For the later i am in the middle of preparing a test-GUI to code for practice.

And that’s all!

Have a nice day!~
Ito

mitoky
Veteran

#28 Post by mitoky »

UPDATE:
Hello!

I wanted to announce that there will be no game updates here for a while. But pleased don't worry, the game is still making process and is being worked on (:

In case you still wish to follow my process you can do so at my developement blog.

Have a nice day!
Ito

mitoky
Veteran

#29 Post by mitoky »

Hello everyone!

I have sad news. The Purring Demon's Love is being put on hold for undefinite time.
Since a few months i feel like i have hit a wall with it and it makes it harder and harder to work on. After a lot of though, i decided i wish to take a break from TPDL.

I am really sorry for that and hope that you understand.