[PROMO ART] Just a Fate (appreciate feedback!)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
otometea
Regular
Projects: Heart of Thorns
Tumblr: littleteahouse

[PROMO ART] Just a Fate (appreciate feedback!)

#1 Post by otometea »

Hello, friends! As some of you already know, my name is otometea, and I am a hobbyist / freelancer writer who has been writing visual novels and online novels for approximately 12 years now. Right now, I am working on a visual novel (very rough) with a friend of mine. We plan to initially publish it on WattPad, but we also want to make it into a visual novel, as it very much is possible. The story is based on the classic fairy tales of Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and The Little Mermaid with some supernatural twists of vampires, demons, and incubi. You can view character visuals here

Synopsis
Home-schooled student Ethel is isolated in her own house, always studying. She never knew what was in the outside world, and she had never wanted to know. Until, one day, she stumbles upon her father’s library, and she finds a book that stands out to her: Just a Fate. It tells a tale of three princes, all brutally cursed by a mysterious enchantress named Kunya for their wrongdoings.

Ever since then, she has kept reading it, progressively gaining interest in the outside world. One day, she escapes from her home for the first time with “Just a Fate” in her hands, and she finds the world a truly cruel place: she meets these three princes from the book (which she had initially thought was fictional), and now she must reverse their curse. With regret and reluctance, she accepts.

“What’s done can’t be undone.”

Characters
- Ethel Avery : Not knowing of the outside world, she is isolated and introverted. When she speaks, she is polite and feels uncomfortable acting casually towards others. She is normal until she meets the 3 cursed princes.
- Kunya : Shrouded in mystery, nobody knows what she is thinking. She is an enchantress who placed a curse on the three princes. However, nobody knows except her knows why she cursed them, and her true actions. What are her true motives behind her actions?
- Tuja : One of the cursed princes. He doesn't speak much, and he seems to be always looking into the distance. While the curse is intact, he has to feed off of human blood.
- Jin : One of the cursed princes. Jin carries an optimistic personality and a happy-go-lucky face, but this only serves as a mask. While the curse is intact, he has to feed off of human life force.
- Rui : One of the cursed princes. Rui is a little childish but can be... sadistic. With the curse, he has to feed off of girls' sexual energy / desire.

Planned VN Features
- Three obtainable boys, plus a "friendship" and alternative path: Kunya.
- 15 chapters per main path (three boys), 10 chapters for "friendship" / alternate path Kunya (unlock-able?).
- Custom art and music.
- 2 endings / obtainable, and 1 ending for alternate.
Planned ON Features
- 2 parts per chapter (including prologue and epilogue).
- about 20 chapters (?).
- Will be available on WattPad, Quotev, and my blog.
- All chapters available for download (on a .zip / .rar file) upon completion. All chapters will be placed on a .docx file. That way, you have all the chapters... and you can read them without wifi!

Now Recruiting!!
I am looking for an artist right now to do something like pre-promo art. Should you be chosen, you will receive an email with more information on what I'm looking for. Note that you will not be paid; you must be able to do this on your own volition. We expect semi-anime at least (preferably full anime) styled artwork. Visit here for a little more details. If you are interested, click here to apply.

Feedback Questions
- What do you think of the plot thus far?
- Who is your favorite character? / Which character intrigues the most?
- Assuming this was commercial, how much would you pay?
- Do you have any comments, criticisms, concerns, etc.?

Read Just a Fate!
- Read on my blog!
- Read on Quotev!
- Read on WattPad!
Last edited by otometea on Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

otometea
Regular

Updates.

#2 Post by otometea »

- Prologue part 2 is in progress. Planned to have a length of 2-3k words?
- Ultimately decided that this will be a visual novel; 4 paths total.
- This will be published on WattPad in a few weeks (or less).
- Promotional art / posters will be available on my blog, but I will link the blog post / page as well.
- There will also be exclusive conversations posted on here and my blog, so I hope you enjoy them!
- A new cover artist has joined, Mio! You can view her works here, and you can view her DeviantArt gallery as well!

otometea
Regular

Promotional / cover art!

#3 Post by otometea »

The cover art is done, and "Just a Fate" is now published on WattPad (also means one step closer to the visual novel production). The cover was done by Mio, or mamechii on DeviantArt.
You can view the WattPad story here.
You can support me by following me on WattPad, voting and commenting on the story. Here is some promotional (and cover) art for you.

Image Image
view full images here and here!

WattPad cover images
Image Image

You can also view the images here!

bump