Holiday♥Lovers [Fantasy, Romance, Adventure] [GxB/G]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Mama J
Regular
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

Holiday♥Lovers [Fantasy, Romance, Adventure] [GxB/G]

#1 Post by Mama J »

Synopsis:
She didn’t always think that mythical creatures were fake. In fact, she used to adore them, believe in them, and dream about them. However, when a school presentation turned sour, she was shamed and manipulated into believing that everything she thought she knew about her beloved legends was false. However, years later, she's confronted by the same myths she once shunned - and for some reason, they're asking her to help them restore their former glory.
General Information:
Genre:
-Fantasy, Romance, Adventure
Features (subject to change):
-Non-commercial
-At least 3 CGs per route
-7 romanceable characters (male and female)
-Good/Bad End for each route
-Approx. 50,000+ words
Rating:
-PG-13
Platforms:
-Win, Mac, Linux
Main Characters:
MC
- Descendant of the Agathodaemon, a mythical creature that used to roam the lands but has since died out long ago because of the lack of worship/belief the general population provided throughout history. It is also known as “The Good Spirit” and a “God of the Vineyards, Grainfields, Good Luck, Health, and Wisdom.” MC is oblivious to this fact at first, ignoring the moments when she found herself being able to talk to and understand snakes -- which is what the Agathodaemon is most often represented as/depicted in the form of. Some who know MC may describe her as strong-minded, oftentimes stubborn, kind, and puts other’s needs above her own.
Nick/Nicholas (Santa)
- The universal description for Santa Claus is as such: jolly, happy, and nice. There are no other words that could perfectly describe Nick. What most people do not know is that he is not the original Santa Claus. The origin of Santa was started eons ago, and the occupation to be Father Christmas is passed down from generation to generation among the men in the family. He was named after the very first derivation of Santa -- Saint Nicholas. Fun fact: Mrs. Claus, as most people would know to be Santa’s wife, is actually Nick’s mother.
Harry/Harold (Easter Bunny)
- The Easter Bunny, more preferred to be called Harry after the Easter Hare, is mature and responsible. Among the group, he is most likely seen as the father figure, with the level-head and rational state of mind. Hobbies include: decorating and hiding eggs filled with chocolate, candy, toys, etc.
Luke/Lucas (Leprechaun)
- Ah, the shortest in the bunch. This Irish fairy is named after the derivation of the Old Irish word, luchrupán. Luke is very smart, clever, mischevious, and playful. His #1 hobby includes playing tricks on people.
Val/Valentine (Cupid)
- My personal favorite, ladies and gentlemen, it’s Cupid! This hunk is also playful, except in a more perverse type of way. He is also fickle, so his loyalty, interest, and affection to his lovers change frequently. Most people think of Cupid when they think of Valentine, therefore, he prefers to be called Val.
Tatiana (Tooth Fairy #1)
- One-half of the twins, Tati could not be any more different from her brother. Unlike him, she is outgoing and spontaneous, ready for an adventure any time of the day. Sure, there may not exactly be an entire holiday devoted to the Tooth Fairy, but all I can say about that is -- why isn’t there? Tatiana’s number one love is teeth (bet you couldn’t have guessed that, could ya?)
Trey (Tooth Fairy #2)
- Younger by 3 seconds, Trey is Tatiana’s twin brother. While she is an all-out extrovert, he is the epitome of introvert. He’s shy, awkward, and clumsy (despite having wings). His interests consist of poofing into little children’s bedrooms, taking their dried out baby tooth, and leaving a coin under it as a small payment of gratitude.
Vlad/Drac (Vampire)
- My other favorite! Count Dracula -- or as others also know him as, Vlad the Impaler. Careful ladies, this one is known to bite ;) Drac has all of the abilities that a vampire could have -- strong, immortal, never-aging, shapeshift into a bat, and manipulation. He is clever, mysterious, cold, and demanding. He sometimes has short bursts of anger, and is far from innocent.

Minor Characters:
Shhh, it’s going to be a surprise ;)

First Characters Sketches/Design!! Credits to akka (:
Positions/Recruitments/Team:

-Sprite/CG Artist
:arrow: Akka
-Background Artist
:arrow: CleverCat
-Writers/Idea-bouncers/Proofreaders/Editors
:arrow: gamerbum (idea bouncer)
:arrow: otometea
:arrow: ashbery
-Coders
-Voice Actors
-Composer
:arrow: Antelope
-PR/Media
:arrow: kibou-desuka
-Video Editor
Questions for YOU:
* Do you think the general premise and the characters are interesting?
* Based on the descriptions, who is your favorite and/or least favorite character?
* What are you looking forward to? Or NOT looking forward to?
* Feedback, suggestions, comments, concerns, ideas or constructive criticism?
Last edited by Mama J on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:37 am, edited 6 times in total.

Mama J
Regular

Re: Holiday♥Lovers [Fantasy, Romance, Adventure] [GxB/G]

#2 Post by Mama J »

UPDATE:

-Recruited otometea as a writer/editor
-Currently writing the prologue
-Still need opinions from the community about their thoughts on the game (guys pls)

PuffBun
Regular
Deviantart: kasey-puff

#3 Post by PuffBun »

I really like the story! The characters seem quite interesting! I'd like to be the Sprite/CG art if you'll have me! Check out my Deviantart! http://kasey-puff.deviantart.com

lefic
Deviantart: citrus-lefic

#4 Post by lefic »

Yep, sounds like a VN I would enjoy reading. I especially like how there are a range of different characters from different stories and I'm excited to see how they would all interact with eachother. It's also nice how the names you chose for them relate to the characters themselves.

* Based on the descriptions, who is your favorite and/or least favorite character?
I love Val and Drac as well (I guess we have similar tastes, haha).

I'm looking forward to the release of this game so I can play it. I'm also looking forward to reading through how the writers portray the characters' personalities through their dialogue and seeing all the characters fully coloured.

I love Val's character design.

Also, are you still recruiting writers and/or idea bouncers?

Mama J
Regular

#5 Post by Mama J »

PuffBun wrote:I really like the story! The characters seem quite interesting! I'd like to be the Sprite/CG art if you'll have me! Check out my Deviantart! http://kasey-puff.deviantart.com
Hi! Thank you for the kind words (: Unfortunately, the sprite/CG artist position is filled but I hope we can collaborate on another project in the future!
Yep, sounds like a VN I would enjoy reading. I especially like how there are a range of different characters from different stories and I'm excited to see how they would all interact with eachother. It's also nice how the names you chose for them relate to the characters themselves.
Glad to hear it, haha! I'm excited to develop more into the story and see how the characters interact with each other, as well. And thank you, the specific names for each of them was kind of an idea made on a whim, because I knew that I wanted to make a VN that had Santa in it and I really wanted him to be called, Chris, Nicholas, or Sam (to play off of Santa -- SAMta haha)
I love Val and Drac as well (I guess we have similar tastes, haha).
I guess we do have similar tastes, :D I've always gone for either the cold/arrogant/bad guy and the flirt
I'm looking forward to the release of this game so I can play it. I'm also looking forward to reading through how the writers portray the characters' personalities through their dialogue and seeing all the characters fully coloured.
I'm so happy you're excited for this project! I hope more good things will come as soon as more progress is made on it!
I love Val's character design.
I could not agree more -- Akka is an amazing artist (:
Also, are you still recruiting writers and/or idea bouncers?
Yes, I am! The more writers that want to pitch in and help out, the better! We're in the process of writing the prologue at this minute so if you're interested, send me a PM and we'll discuss further :) Thank you for the feedback!!

kibou-desuka
Projects: the 7sin contract.

Holiday♥️Lovers Tumblr!

#6 Post by kibou-desuka »

Hello! My name is kibou-desuka, and I am the Community and Media Manager for this game, Holiday♥️Lovers. Therefore, I will be taking care of the social media associated with this game. Right now, we have created our Tumblr blog for you.

There, we will post updates and possibly even other fun "events" as well! In addition, you will be able to ask any questions you may have there as well. We would appreciate your support by following our Tumblr! We are also planning on making a WordPress site as well, but it is not yet created (but we will let you know on both Tumblr and LemmaSoft once it is published and running).

Mama J
Regular

#7 Post by Mama J »

Hey, guys! Just a little update:
-Here's a preview of the sprites for Nick and Harry, provided by akka :) Let us know what you think!
Image Image
-We have enough writers to write 6 routes but still need one to write Luke the Leprechaun's route. If you're interested, don't hesitate to send a PM!
-Speaking of writing, we've reached 19 pages so far! Here's a sample of some light-hearted dialogue in one of the scenes (my favorite one) and a bit of father/daughter banter:
After a few more minutes of pushing, shoving, and threatening, I finally manage to get them out the door.

I take a few deep breaths to slow my heart rate but that doesn’t help. When I realize they took my Chinese takeout with them, I burst into tears. This day actually got worse. I know my feelings are irrational, but I was so going to need to eat both of those servings to cull my sadness.

My phone rings and, as I take it out, I quickly pull my distress back down when I notice it’s my parents calling me.

MC: (Great timing.)

Upon answering it, I can hear children and loud music in the background.

Dad: Hello? Sweetie?

MC: Hi, Daddy. It seems loud there, where are you guys?

Dad: Ah… we’re at your mother’s friend’s kid’s birthday party. Please, save me. I’ve been here for an hour and I’ve already been attacked by a bunch of sweaty, little four-year-olds.

I can’t help but smile. My father and I share the same disinterest when it comes to children. It’s probably why I don’t have any siblings.

MC: Not my problem. What’s Mom doing?

Dad: Socializing, drinking, gossiping. You know how she is. Anyway, how are you? Anything interesting happen today?

MC: You won’t believe it. They stole my Chinese food!

Dad: Hunny, were you drinking again?

MC: Just vodka this time.

Dad: Did you leave any for me?

Mama J
Regular

#8 Post by Mama J »

Here's a sketch for Luke!

Velvet Breath

#9 Post by Velvet Breath »

Yes, it did pique my interest :lol: if not I probably won't even be replying!

There are no such things as 'least favourite' character pls. They're all drop dead gorgeous. If based on the descriptions itself; I can only give a clearer opinion on fave/least fave once I play the game & know their true selves! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm looking forward for the 'Adventure' part of your game! How will it be an adventure? Will I get to follow certain characters around & discover new worlds?

It would be great if a little comedy is thrown in this! Holiday Lovers seems like a potential comedic VN as well as a fantasy romance one! :lol: :lol:

Oh, btw the sprites are GREAT! Very refined yet simple! Can't wait to see them in colour & in the game, because I will play this once it's out!

Looking forward for your game progress! :D :D :D

akka
Regular
Tumblr: akkalime
Deviantart: akkalime

#10 Post by akka »

!!!

WAKU WAKU DOKI DOKI

it's not like i forgot about drawing something for halloween or anything

Sapphire-Skillz
Tumblr: Kazurenai
Deviantart: Sapphire-Skillz

#11 Post by Sapphire-Skillz »

- Yes, I was instantly hooked on the theme of mythical creatures *u* Say no more. *camps here*

Harold and Val seem to be my faves. The only part I don't like about Harold is the "father figure" part cause I don't want to think of that when looking at my potential love interests - but I love the Easter Bunny concept. Val I love the flirtacious vibe plus the connection with Cupid, brilliant!
My least would be Tatiana (only cause I don't usually do GxG but I would ofc play all the routes) and Drac (explained on the last question ><;;)

A bit dissapointed that there's gonna be at least 3 CGs ( meaning some routes will have only 3 CGs). What drives me forward in the game are CGs or special scenes that are "collectibles" (THEY ARE MY DRIVE). If it's literally a story, I have to play ages and ages to get me nothing then I tend to lose focus (but that's me, I have a short attention span aha |||=u=)

- Mm so basically I'm a bit bothered by the Vlad the Impaler part because he was a real historical figure. Certain critics have suggested a possible connection of the character of Count Drac with Vlad the Impaler but I find them two seperate figures with Drac being the source of reference for ALL vampires and Vlad the Impaler... As the real dude that impaled a bunch of people haha. Like, it's bothering me alot cause all I can see in my mind is the creepy portrait paintings of the real Vlad the Impaler. ;u; But it could be just me so pay no mind. *flies away*

Aratzne
Deviantart: Aratzne

#12 Post by Aratzne »

I think that the premise and characters are really interesting. I love new twists on adaptations of familiar characters, when the adaptations are unique and fun. Your character designs and personalities of these adapted characters all look interesting and fresh to me. Even from the short descriptions, I am already excited to see how these characters get along with each other and the MC.

I think the general premise (at least in the way it's written in the Synopsis section) sounds a bit bland/cliched. This is not necessarily a bad thing - it's all in how you execute and present the story. Whenever you have a more final project, I'd recommend re-writing the Synopsis to make it sound more exciting and unique to your story and characters. (For example, how the MC gets pulled into helping the myths and how she reacts to the different personalities.)

Favorite characters: Harry, because he's described as mature and responsible. Seems like he'll be a good foil for some of the other characters too. Also the twins - they make a good pair, and Trey sounds rather darling!

Least favorite character: Dracula. Actually, I don't dislike the character, but he seems to fit in with the premise least. Is he meant to represent Halloween? If so, it would be good to incorporate that a bit more into his design.

I'm also not too sure about the MC... mostly because you seem to be avoiding naming her. Since she has a backstory and personality, I think it would be better if you made her into a full character with a name and everything (potentially leave the option to change name for people who want to). Personally, I'd prefer if she was a well-rounded and interesting character that could stand toe-to-toe with your other great character personalities (rather than a player insert). But that's just my two cents!

I am looking forward to seeing these interesting characters come to life! I'm also looking forward to the [GxB/G] aspect. I'd be happy to see more female romanceable characters.

There's nothing I'm not looking forward to - just a few things I'm cautious about. I already mentioned the MC, and the Synopsis. I'd also recommend thinking a bit more about the title (though I realize it's still in the Ideas stage). Maybe because it's close to the winter Holidays, I automatically assumed it was a game centered around the Christmas holiday season, rather than around the diverse cast you've come up with. XD

See above! This is what happens when I don't read the questions first.

Best of luck on the game!! :D
Current Project: Supernaturalis: No More Fear (thread pending)