Descendant from the Moon (GXB)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
shadowkazaki
Regular
Projects: Descendant of the Moon

Descendant from the Moon (GXB)

#1 Post by shadowkazaki »

Descendant from the Moon

GUI CREDIT Valhalla viewtopic.php?f=62&t=39173

~Story~
In Japan, there are known to be hundreds of legends, fairytales and stories of many a kind that were passed down through the years through books, by mouth or even ones that are just made up out of nowhere. Some tell of Deities or Kami as they are called, Oni, Spirits or anything of that nature. But to this family the Moon is of major importance.

Shiori Tsukimori has always believed there was something different about her family, though she was uncertain, she believed it had something to do with the family temple grounds that her extended family run. Something mysterious seemed to be connected to that old, well taken care of temple that has stood in that same place for generations.
Upon the day of her 16th birthday, her family disclosed to her a secret. The Legend of Princess Kaguya that was passed down from generation to generation that everyone knows, was nothing compared to the this one. It is what took place after her return to the Moon and her journey to recover a hidden treasure.
Now it's up to Shiori to find out what really happened to Princess Kaguya, which could also turn the tide with the state of the Celestial Realm.

~Characters~

~MAIN CAST~

Shiori Tsukiyomi
Personality: Friendly, Kind, Determined, Protective
A high school student with love for all of nature.
She comes from a family that owns a shrine in the mountains that worships the God of the Moon, Tsukiyomi. Being an only child, she gets lonely when there's no one else around. But she is cheerful, caring, and polite. Her family's secret is revealed on her 16th birthday, which changes her perspective on life as she knows it.

Hyosuke Minamoto
Personality: Energetic, Friendly, Athletic, Generous
A resident of the Tsukiyomi Shrine, under the Guardianship of Ryo Takeda, the head priest.
He is known for being very outgoing and instinctive by his fellow peers. Shiori constantly compares him to being like a dog, which he doesn't seem to mind even when it isn't really a compliment. He has a pet wolf named Mamoru that lives at the shrine with him and Takeda.

Miu Shimada
Personality: Humble, Fashionable, Clever
Occupation: Student at Fukushima High School/Newspaper Club Photographer
Shiori's classmate and new best friend. They hit it off on their first few days of school when they were paired for an assignment. Caring and sometimes blunt, Miu likes taking pictures of things that remind her of everyday life. She is also a member of the newspaper club, being the head photographer.

Yoru Kazuhito
Personality: Calm, Creative, Blunt
Occupation: Student at Fukushima High School/Archery Club Member
Classmate to Shiori, Hyosuke, and Miu. Normally quiet and composed, Yoru is more of a loner type. Known for his high test scores and affiliation with the archery club, he knows when to point out a wrong choice when it could lead to a difficult situation. Despite being distant from others, he is willing to give a helping hand without anything in return.

Matsu Fujimaki
Personality: Dependable, Industrious, Sociable
Upperclassmen to Shiori, being known for his affiliation with the school’s Swimming Club. He is a decent student, always keeping his school work and club activities balanced. Likes talking about movies, mostly sports-based films or tv series. He thinks that Miu is a bit scary, especially when she’s angry.

Mitsuyama Toshiro
Personality: Respectful, Quiet, Introverted
Known to be a talented young artist. He enjoys painting and drawing, mostly of animals and nature. Despite not liking large crowds, Toshiro likes going to Art shows and visiting the city’s major art gallery. He secretly enjoys reading manga, especially fantasy-based ones.

Yuuto Otani
Personality: Charismatic, Cautious, Intelligent
Occupation: Student at Kobayashi High School/Captain of the Kendo Club
Never mess with him in a Kendo match or you could end up flat on your face. One of the best athletes in his school, versed in several different sports. Having lived in a high class family, Yuuto keeps himself as presentable and adaptive as possible. He has a fanclub, but he had nothing to do with it’s founding.

Ame Asahi
Personality: Helpful, Secretive, Diligent
Occupation: Student at Kobayashi High School/Student Council Historian
A 1st year student and underclassmen to Yuuto at Kobayashi High. Enjoys helping organize school events, especially festivals. Ame also lends a hand at the city shrine every other week, giving him a lot of experience with ceremonies and practices. Being a member of the student council, he is subjected to dealing with Yuuto’s fanclub. Sadly, it also makes each member have problems trying to keep them out of the way of their duties.

~Minor Characters~
Ryo Takeda
Personality: Amiable, Empathetic, Intuitive
Occupation: Head Priest of the Tsukiyomi Shrine/Guardian of Hyosuke
He is an older man with a great amount of wisdom. Gladly helps Shiori and her friends in their search to uncover the mystery of Princess Kaguya. Always willing to give advice and constantly teases Hyosuke when he returns from school. Has known Shiori since she was little, due to being external family.

Hina Tsukimori
Shiori’s loving and supportive mother. Comes from a line of Shrine Priestesses, the role being passed on to her older sister, Haruko. Her husband, Jurou passed away when Shiori was 10 years old. She works as a secretary at software company. Her maiden name is Tsukino.

Haruko Tsukino
Priestess of the Tsukiyomi Shrine and older sister to Shiori’s mother. Skilled in the spiritual arts, she knows many things about mythology, spirits, and demons. She is very popular with anyone who works at the shrine. Enjoys gardening and flower arrangement in her spare time.

I am currently putting the story together, mostly figuring out characters and roles.
If any artists are interested in what the character concepts are, please PM me.
There are many things that I am still new to in using TyranoBuilder, so patience is appreciated.

NEW: I want to try to add a journal entry into it to document each finding in the journey. Neat idea huh?

So my questions are:
What would you like to see happen with this story?
Are the characters too clique? Or do they need something more?
Any characters seem very likable? Or catch your eye?
Anything specific I should watch out for with this kind of story?
What do you see different about this story?
Which characters interest you and why?
Suggestions? (Anything is welcome and appreciated!)
Last edited by shadowkazaki on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.

TalrixTrinity
Regular
Projects: Asathera Chronicles, Name Pending
Organization: TalrixTrinity
Soundcloud: mateus-sephiroth

Re: Descendant from the Moon

#2 Post by TalrixTrinity »

It's an interesting idea. Familiar with Kaguya's story, I'm excited to see what you can come up with. What are the goals to it? Romance? Friendship? Or is it more about strengthening yourself (the MC)?
If you don't struggle you don't improve.

shadowkazaki
Regular

Re: Descendant from the Moon

#3 Post by shadowkazaki »

TalrixTrinity wrote:It's an interesting idea. Familiar with Kaguya's story, I'm excited to see what you can come up with. What are the goals to it? Romance? Friendship? Or is it more about strengthening yourself (the MC)?
Thanks so much for your feedback!
I think Friendship and MC strengthening is the main focus with Romance as a secondary to them.
Mostly due to the MC having to take on several trials with the help of those she's befriended.
But as for the Romance, I'm still thinking up candidates and what kinds of routes for them.
If you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know. ^^

shadowkazaki
Regular

Re: Descendant from the Moon (GXB)

#4 Post by shadowkazaki »

UPDATE!!
So, I've been having a lot of medical issues of late so I haven't really been on.
Mostly paying the bills which are over $1000..
But, thanks to a friend of mine I am getting my designs for characters done for the sprite artist I'll be using for this project!
I'm still trying to sort out the story, along with implementing the mythology that is used as well.
And thanks to Valhalla for helping me with GUI!
For those who are interested in helping with this project, please PM me!