Profilus: Incidia Colosseum [Fantasy][NO ROMANCE]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
TheGreatTheorist

Profilus: Incidia Colosseum [Fantasy][NO ROMANCE]

#1 Post by TheGreatTheorist »

Hi, all!

It's good to be able to type things after 3 years taking a break from this creative industry. I passed my entrance exam to a local university and now given a project about a multimedia product. My lecturer is, perhaps, half-mad, and states briefly, "GIVE ME 5 IDEAS and then finish one of them before November" and one of them is simply this.

So, Profilus: Incidia Colosseum is a commonplace VN with simple combat game included. The story is about a boy who tried to rescue an elderly woman when she tried to be ran over in an intersection. The boy dead, unfortunately, and then he was sent to a void space where there is only he and a death angel. The death angel said, "You really are the most unfortunate person in this world. First, your life ended for rescuing others, but second: the person you tried to rescue is also dead, much more miserably by hitting a streetlight post." Yes, sometimes good will isn't rewarded with goodwill. "However, since today is actually not your time to die yet, we from the underworld will give you a second chance-- but work your a** really hard for it." Thus, he was entrusted to an underworld colosseum, in a fight for his life and regain his life.

The story style provides many dead ends but only 3 good ends. The story will branch many times and sometimes may require the player to fight randomly. Battle style is similar to a common rock-paper-scissors and involve status management on the main character before his "appointed fated encounter" with the elder occurs. Some paths will only be available under a certain circumstance and the player's bio and habit will determine how the character built.

This is FREE PROJECT and I wish to find people who wouldn't mind to work for experiences only. Work duration is flexible and communication is open through forum's private messages or social media. Forget all about the deadlines. I'm going to post this project here anyway. For now, a few images is prepared and now lacks:
1. Character battle-sprites (no worries! I don't mind dividing sprites based only on battle class; this is only the first story of its trilogy)
2. Few BGMs (I've been creating some myself, need better quality)
3. Few CGs (It's really few for a VN. 2 CGs per NPC and only 6 NPCs involved in the game)
4. Background art for: mall, traditional market, school corridor & class, a large plaza, bedroom, and park; more BGs will follow but nothing major for now
5. GUI arts (honestly I don't mind using Ren'py's default style, but most people expect something more)

This project is still kept here due to my hectic schedule at school. Once it settles down, I'm going to move it to the free projects looking for partners. Till then, please be patient. Oh, and don't hesitate to contact me if anyone has further ideas to develop this story. Anything is welcome as long as it is related to the title (and the story, of course!)

Many thanks, :D

TGT
Attachments
Title Screen; makeover
Title Screen; makeover
Last edited by TheGreatTheorist on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The butterflies will come home - soon enough."

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Profilus: Incidia Colosseum [Fantasy][NO ROMANCE]

#2 Post by Zelan »

If you're looking to recruit people, you should post in the "We are a Free Project Looking for Partners" section of the forum. c:

Unfortunately, I can't help you with any of those positions. I definitely like the idea, though. Romance is all well and good, but a good majority of VNs feature romance as the core storyline, so it's very nice to see something departing from that.

I like the idea of a combat system, but I'm not so sure about "rock-paper-scissors" combat - if it's randomized as that implies, combat could seem very arbitrary.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

Zelan wrote:...but a good majority of VNs feature romance as the core storyline, so it's very nice to see something departing from that.
Agreed. I say this as a fanboy who's purchased commercial VNs because I thought a specific romance hero / heroine seemed interesting. While I have purchased VNs which don't focus on relationships, I sometimes hesitate to buy them.

TheGreatTheorist

#4 Post by TheGreatTheorist »

gekiganwing wrote:
Zelan wrote:...but a good majority of VNs feature romance as the core storyline, so it's very nice to see something departing from that.
Agreed. I say this as a fanboy who's purchased commercial VNs because I thought a specific romance hero / heroine seemed interesting. While I have purchased VNs which don't focus on relationships, I sometimes hesitate to buy them.
Ummm, actually I have some troubles with writing romances. Teehee~

Never mind, though, I can learn to make one as an extra content, but not as main genre. Yes, thank you for your ideas.

TheGreatTheorist

#5 Post by TheGreatTheorist »

Zelan wrote:If you're looking to recruit people, you should post in the "We are a Free Project Looking for Partners" section of the forum. c:

I was thinking of doing that as well, but my project has barely started till now and I can't put full force to continue the creation. I'm putting it here until my school life becomes sorted out.

TheGreatTheorist

#6 Post by TheGreatTheorist »

gekiganwing wrote:
I honestly afraid to put romance inside because I'm not a good romanticist. I'll consider it in the sequel, if I have the time. :D

Thanks, though, you guys have been giving me so much inputs. I really appreciate it.