Contract of Cards ~Joker~ ❥ [Otome Game, Free]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Rikka Pro
Organization: Rikka Project
Tumblr: rikka-pro

Contract of Cards ~Joker~ ❥ [Otome Game, Free]

#1 Post by Rikka Pro »

Let me show you a simple trick
with cards of the Joker's magic stick.
Your wish we grant, your soul we receive—
a simple contract, as you may perceive.
Airi Maki, a girl who has been homeless for more time than she can remember: her parents had both committed suicide. Living in the cold and having nowhere to go, she is depressed and hollow. Until, one fateful night, she meets a mysterious hooded boy who gives her a deck of playing cards. Giving her specific instructions, Airi ends up summoning four “demons” all based on the suit of the playing cards, who claim they will grant her one wish in exchange for her life and soul when she dies.
{ Image }
Airi Maki
Due to her past experiences, she is a “hollow” person: she is empty, and she has no clue what her purpose in life is. She is callous and also a bit pessimistic, and tends to brush off others easily. One day, she meets a mysterious man who gives her a deck of cards with a set of instructions. It's then she meets the four "demons"...
Contractors.
Please note that descriptions for these character will come soon.
Yukki
He is someone that will make anyone around feel safe; if anything, he is like an older brother, but with it he carries a dark secret: one that if Airi knew of, it would cost her of her life. He is protective, but he is overwhelmed with the burden he must carry. He goes through any means to help keep the one he cares about safe… even if it costs him his own life.
Zen
Zen is completely flippant and unbridled. More than anything, he likes freedom and to lead a laid-back life as a “demon” who makes contracts with humans. Although it seems as though he is never putting in any effort, he is very thoughtful and careful on his actions. He is also considerate of others’ feelings albeit he doesn’t directly show it often.
Kou
He is arrogant and a bit haughty; his pride is clearly there. As a result, he likes to look down on Airi (who is just a “mere human”) to make himself feel better. He is also very opinionated, and tends to have a closed way of thinking. Although, he does have a certain (and adorable?) weakness that he hides…
Kira
Kira is the complete opposite of Airi: optimistic, and cheerful. For whatever reason- most likely a past experience of his- he seems to avoid Airi whenever he can. It seems like he is scared of her; whenever she tries to get close to him, he shies away, making him a bit awkward and hard to get along with.
🃏 Yayoi 🃏
He is a bit eccentric, especially in his speech. He seems to always have a smile on his face, but sometimes he can emit a completely different atmosphere; nobody knows what he is thinking nor what he will do next (his actions are essentially unpredictable). Sometimes, he can be described as "manipulative".
- Who is this being produced by?
It is going to be published under the name of Rikka Project, which consists of mostly freelance people whom are talented in different fields. Social media links provided in the top section will eventually contain updates, including members that are recruited, progress, and other things as well. Your support and follow are greatly appreciated.

- When is production and recruitment going to start?
Production is expected to start once members have been recruited. A recruitment thread will be posted once I have done everything that I am able to do beforehand. This project has no set deadlines, so the date of when the recruitment post will be published is currently unknown. Remember that updates will be posted on the social media, so you can keep yourself up to date there.

- How many CGs will there be?
I am planning on 1 CG in the prologue, a few CGs featuring all the characters which will be shown in the common route (this feature is still pending), and then 6-8 CGs per route with the exception of Yayoi. His route will be slightly shorter, as he serves as an "alternative route", and therefore will only have 3-5 CGs at the most. That would result in about 32-42 CGs total.

- Is this project going to be distributed non-commercially or commercially?
It will be a long-term non commercial project.
* Any ideas and feedback is appreciated very much.
Last edited by Rikka Pro on Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

Re: Contract of Cards ~Joker~ ❥ [Otome Game, Free]

#2 Post by wyverngem »

Yay first comment. I'm interested in this project. It looks like you have a good start and I'm interested in the premise of the story. Good luck with everything hope it turns out well.

Rikka Pro
Organization: Rikka Project
Tumblr: rikka-pro

Re: Contract of Cards ~Joker~ ❥ [Otome Game, Free]

#3 Post by Rikka Pro »

wyverngem wrote:Yay first comment. I'm interested in this project. It looks like you have a good start and I'm interested in the premise of the story. Good luck with everything hope it turns out well.
Hello, wyverngem!

Thank you very much for your kind words. I take them to heart, and I am glad you are interested in the premise of the story. I'm thinking there be a bit more to the synopsis, so more information may be revealed over time. I will need your luck, as this is being produced during many people's school years, and so there might be a lot of dropping out and obstacles along the way, but I hope that despite that, this project will turn out to be successful as you wish!

Once again, thank you for your feedback, and I hope you will continue to support the game.
Best!
Rikka.