Musical Lovers [GXB] (Normal, High School Drama)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
TalrixTrinity
Regular
Projects: Asathera Chronicles, Name Pending
Organization: TalrixTrinity
Soundcloud: mateus-sephiroth

Musical Lovers [GXB] (Normal, High School Drama)

#1 Post by TalrixTrinity »

I have been in love with Otome Games for years now, my first one being Inuyasha: Secret of the Cursed Mask. Since then I've played a lot, and SPENT ALOT on buying these games and now, I want to create them myself. I LOVE writing, have been doing so almost my entire life with Fanfictions and stories of my own and so, here I go.

Musical Lovers is going to be a short, two route, love story to let me get the feel of things in designing otome games. It's going to be small compared to the others that I have in my head but I'm taking this very seriously.

Musical Lovers is going to be the beginning of TalrixTrinity, my future company (hopefully)

I've tried drawing, as you can tell from the Logo, and though that didn't come out so bad, you should have seen the faces I tried to draw, lol. I'm not giving up, though; nowhere close! If you want to see anyway, just ask. I did warn you, though ;)

Synopsis

Musical Lovers is normal, High School drama.
Melissa Miles just had her whole world change. When her father's job relocated them to a nowhere town in Florida named Malbrook, she is less than pleased. Having to finish the rest of her junior year in a small school with barely even a thousand students in it, she had no doubt that she was going to feel like an oddball. Luck is on her side, though, when she finds herself neighbors with Lily Snalks. A hyper, friendly girl, she finds an instant friend and starts to feel more and more at home faster than she believed. As Melissa copes with her new life, makes new friends and rivals, the announcement of a Talent Show at the end of the year perks her interest. Having a love for music since she was young, she undoubtedly wants to enter but now needs to decide which piece would be best to perform for it's not just first place that she feels is riding on the competition...

Characters

Melissa Miles
Name Changeable. The main character in her Junior Year. A musician, her instrument depends on which route you choose to play. Normally a Straight A student, she begins having a bit of trouble when thrown into certain classes but stays confident.

Liam Snalks
Lily's Twin Brother and your next door neighbor. A loner, Liam is known at the smartest kid in Malbrook High and isn't much of a talker. He works at a Movie shop during the weekends and normally ignores everyone but his sister and Rebecca; Roy like's to pick fights with the other teen. In several classes with the MC, he ends up opening up to her as the story continues, even offering to tutor her in some of the difficult classes she now has. He can play several instruments but is partial to the piano.

Roy Carter
The bad boy of the school. He'd rather skip class and hang out with his band than do school work. Once good friends with Liam, it's not known why the two went different directions. It's Roy's dream to make it big with his band D.O.D, and seems to care for nothing else. He doesn't deal with crap from anyone and, on your first day, is seen helping a freshman against a group of bullies. Start ditching class with him and you might just find a different side to this wild teen.

Lily Snalks
Liam's twin sister, she's a happy-go-lucky teen that has a dream of being an English teacher in Japan. She latches onto the MC the very day she moves in next door and the two create a good bond. Nothing seems to bother this teen; or does it.

Rebecca Jones
Lily's best friends for years, Rebecca is captain of several sport's teams in Malbrook and plans on going to the pros in basketball. Strong and confident, Rebecca is the iron foot that stops Lily from doing anything too spontaneous; like spending her paychecks entirely on anime and video games. One of the few people that Liam talks to in the school, she is currently dating Victor, the drummer for Roy's band.

And there are a few others, like teachers and the band members and whatnot, but these five are the key characters.
As I said, this is just a small project to get me started. Any and all feedback is welcome and if you're interested in helping in anything, either this one of the future, just ask; I don't bite.
I'm glad you even read this and I hope things turn out wonderfully.
Attachments
Image.jpg
If you don't struggle you don't improve.

dueceladouce
Regular

Re: Musical Lovers [GXB] (Normal, High School Drama)

#2 Post by dueceladouce »

This sounds pretty interesting, though I'm not entirely certain what you mean by a "normal" otome. I'm also curious how you plan to structure the game and integrate the whole music thing into it. Is it going to be a stat-raiser, or a more streamlined story with different possible routes? Another thing I noticed is that even though its a short project, its sounds like you have quite a few characters planned, which makes me wonder exactly what size you're aiming for. I hope you manage to complete this, nonetheless!

Will work in exchange for fight game buddies.

TalrixTrinity
Regular
Projects: Asathera Chronicles, Name Pending
Organization: TalrixTrinity
Soundcloud: mateus-sephiroth

Re: Musical Lovers [GXB] (Normal, High School Drama)

#3 Post by TalrixTrinity »

I appreciate you replying!
By normal I meant there was nothing magical, supernatural, or dark; just a normal life, really.
I find the games that have the stat-raisers to be annoying, I didn't download a game to run around and make sure I get enough beauty points to make my guy notice me. That being said, I do enjoy playing them when I don't keep having to restart over and over again.
Roy and Liam are the two love interests, Lily and Rebecca are just close friends to it; Lily being Liam's sister and then Rebecca dating a member in Roy's band.
I am currently writing the script for it and have separated each route into ten chapters and their own Epilogue. As for how long those chapters will be...I guess really depends on what I had planned. I had a short Fanfiction idea that I wrote for 9 chapters and it turned into a 23 chapter one because ideas kept popping up.
Again, thank you for replying :)
If you don't struggle you don't improve.