Cicada [GL, Friendship, Family][KN]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
chlorofinite
Regular
Projects: Cicada
Organization: Sweet Rose Tea

Cicada [GL, Friendship, Family][KN]

#1 Post by chlorofinite »

Cicada

Story

In the year X012, somewhere on our planet Terra, an "organic" town called Terraport still stands, untouched by most X1st century advanced technology as if it were still in the past, thanks to the efforts of the organization known as Pesticide. In the center of the town is a giant library run by Professor Charles Charofyton. When Pesticide assigns a runaway girl named Kaeri Kari to him to care for, the girl stumbles upon an abandoned room in the library holding the Cicada Project, a young girl sitting in a chair and covered in overgrowth. As Kaeri successfully awakens the girl, she notices that her eyes are like a doll's...

The "girl" then introduces herself as Chlorophyte, the end result of Pesticide's Cicada Project, a robot with a human brain. But this Chlorophyte has one major flaw - she doesn't remember her human life. Charofyton affectionately calls her Twiddle, and this eats at the robot girl, who knows she's heard it a long time ago but can't remember when.

Cicada is a story about a girl who thought she was devoid of emotion learning to feel them, a new friend of hers who might be a little too carefree, another girl who ends up being unstable and violent when she doesn't get what she wants, and the so-called "Father" of the first girl who knows more than he should. And all of them will learn what the different kinds of love feel like.

Main Characters

Chlorophyte "Twiddle"
Sex: physically sexless, identifies as a girl but can pass as androgynous

The brain of a 12 year old girl functioning in a robotic body. Though she feels and shows blunted emotions, she eventually learns what it's like to feel happy with the help of a new friend. She remembers nothing of her life as a human, but the nickname "Twiddle" invokes nostalgia...

Kaeri Kari
Sex: female

Runaway, but she insists it wasn't due to abuse. Scooped up the organization Pesticide and sent to live under the supervision of Professor Charofyton, she discovers a "girl" resting in an overgrowth-covered room in her new home, the library. Though she is shy, she tries her best to care for others, including the girl she stumbled upon.

Elizabeth Anderson
Sex: female

Another girl assigned to various Pesticide agents over the years. Rather clingy, and becomes very attached very quickly. She takes interest in a certain girl working in the library's cafe, and believes she's never felt this strongly about someone before, deciding it must be love. But is it true love or a sudden infatuation doomed to be short-lived?

Prof. Charles Charofyton
Sex: male

A seemingly cheery man who once lost someone very close to him. He was once a university professor until Pesticide sent him to tutor children in Terraport, and take care of its large library. He seems to have knowledge of many things, including things that may not have happened yet... And why would Pesticide, an organization trying to prevent humanity's advancement, allow him to build the Cicada Project...?

A very simplified version of the plot has already been written out, and as for the script itself, I'm working on writing it and passing it off to a close friend(s?) to help with, edit, and expand upon. I already also have a friend who I plan on commissioning for BGM. As for character art, though I am an artist and have done designs for the characters, ideally I would like someone else to do the character art in the end. I originally had someone in mind, but if you're interested in this project then by all means contact me. A background artist will also be needed.

I've had these characters in my head for quite a few years, since I was younger than them, and I'd love to see this project finished one day. I'll try my best!☆ \(`v`)/
(insert after-post anxiety here)