Fantasy Euthanasia [GxB|GxG]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

Fantasy Euthanasia [GxB|GxG]

#1 Post by Coren »

FANTASY EUTHANASIA
Good girls don't cry.
They bear hardship with serenity.
Reine is an unremarkable high school student whose life has been trying recently. Her school life has been testing, and her family life hasn't been that great either. Still, she tries to live with her head held high and keeps herself optimistic.

One day, she suddenly finds herself approached by a stranger who claims to be from a magical parallel universe, and that she is the Savior who can help them defeat the cruel Emperor who is taking over the lands. Agreeing, she lets herself gets whisked away into a magical land aptly called "Fantasia". Everyone celebrated her arrival. But when disaster strikes, what will Reine do? This beautiful magical world no longer looks like a charming little paradise, but rather a terrifying land riddled with dangers. When almost everyone is capable of magic other than you, any misstep can mean your death.
Characters
Reine
An optimistic high school girl with an unlucky life, who believes that one day things will become better. Whenever anything bad happens to her, she will try to see it as something that is ultimately good in the long run.
Fantasia

Ruaridh
A mysterious man who doesn't seem quite real. He always carries an umbrella regardless of the weather, and is always smiling. He approaches Reine on one cold night in a dark alley, asking if she is willing to become the world's Savior.

Varron
Sir Varron is an apprentice healer working under the royal family. While he has an innate ability for healing magic, his crass and offensive personality has led to him training himself vigorously in using the sword, just so that he can join the front lines whenever his kingdom needs to defend itself against the Empire.

Prince Alaric
He is the successor to the Crown, a refined and polite young man with a tendency to be quite possessive of his kingdom and the people he loves.

Sorley
Lord Sorley is the current Guardian of Rose, which makes him the most powerful person on this side of the kingdom. He is a mischievous young boy with very little sense of responsibility, who frequently asks his sister to do his work.

Siobhan
Siobhan is Sorley's personal servant. She is actually Sorley's older sister, but due to her lack of magical potential, she has been passed over in favor of her brother for the succession as the next Guardian.

Emperor Miteru
Emperor Miteru is the current Emperor, a man who is also the Guardian of Roulette, which arguably makes him the most powerful person in the world. Everyone in Fantasia has learned to fear him.

Huyan
Huyan is Miteru's 14-year-old assassin, a quiet young girl who does whatever she is told.

The Other World

Zeke Zierenberg
Ezekiel ("Zeke") is a model student from one of Reine's neighboring classes. He used to be Reine's friend as a child, but has since distanced himself from her. Reine had a huge crush on him.

Anna O'Leary
Anna was Reine's best friend as a child, who frequently played games with Reine and Zeke. She moved away when Reine was still young, and they never kept in touch ever since.

Nohan Morin
Nohan is Reine's foster older brother. Charming, studious and perfect in every way, he is the perfect son anyone can hope to have.

~~~

Poor girl. You sweet, sweet doll.
I will end all your suffering.
I'm sorry I can't pretend on your behalf any longer.
But it's all going to be all right.
This is the world where we were always meant to be.
------

Currently I am 30,000 words into the script, and will only seek an artist once I am certain I am dedicated to this project and have written at least half of the game in terms of its chronological plot length. In the meantime though, if you are interested in helping out, please let me know! :)

Loosely based on azurextwilight's Fantasia series.
Last edited by Coren on Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:11 am, edited 24 times in total.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

Re: Fantasy Euthanasia [Otome|Psychological|GxB|GxG]

#2 Post by Coren »

Here's the concept art of the main character, Reine:

DerpyPoodle

Re: Fantasy Euthanasia [GxB|GxG|Psychological]

#3 Post by DerpyPoodle »

I'm not entirely sure if I should be happy or sad that I'm a first reply, because the premise of this game sounds amazing! I can't really say much since little of the game is fleshed out, but I sincerely hope this isn't a dead project, and I wish you luck with finishing it!

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

Re: Fantasy Euthanasia [GxB|GxG|Psychological]

#4 Post by Coren »

This project is still ongoing! I'm 30,000 words in and Book I (the demo writing) is nearly complete :)