The Rise and Fall of Gemini (released January 2009)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
lunasspecto
Regular
Location: USA: New York City (school) and Massachusetts (home)

Re: The Rise and Fall of Gemini

#31 Post by lunasspecto »

PyTom wrote:Um... I can't believe I didn't notice this before... but all the rockets and capsules in this thread are Apollos, not Geminis.
I realized that :oops: but I wasn't really aiming to place this definitely within a period of space exploration history. Rather, I just wanted to communicate the idea of early space travel, particularly in capsules, and the image of the Apollo 1 capsule model that I used in the banner was just too good not to use. The story isn't about any actual historical persons or events, but borrows historical images. That's why I never included any actual astronauts' faces in the images; I didn't want to give the impression that the story is about them.

Thank you for pointing that out, though. That would have made quite a difference if I was aiming for historical accuracy.

Peace,
Kazuki Mishima
from the virtual desk of Kazuki Mishima

lunasspecto
Regular
Location: USA: New York City (school) and Massachusetts (home)

#32 Post by lunasspecto »

I should clarify that "Gemini" is used here mainly as a reference to the constellation and to the image of twins.
from the virtual desk of Kazuki Mishima

AlphaProspector
Regular
Completed: The Circular Gate
Projects: Yume no Sono, Hoshi Agari, The Circular Gate, Koenchu Yonogi Seiyu Story (こえんちゅ!)
Organization: Primum Soft
Soundcloud: Primum Soundblast

#33 Post by AlphaProspector »

Yup. Please do so and add that in the game description. (a readme.html or something, packed with the distribution and the game thread itself)

I wanted this to be a surprise but I reworked the logo for the game, see the attachment. Hope ya like it. Tried to make the Gemini symbol more prominent to avoid confusions :wink:
Attachments
Gemini-Cover1.jpg
Enjoy tranquillity. Paint reality with the colours of your imagination.

Primum Soft Website and Blog

Jake
Support Hero

#34 Post by Jake »

AlphaProspector wrote: Tried to make the Gemini symbol more prominent to avoid confusions :wink:
Just a suggestion, but you might want to consider curving the top and bottom lines of the symbol; as it is, it looks to my eye like it's the title for "The Rise and Fall of Gemini 2"...
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

AlphaProspector
Regular
Projects: Yume no Sono, Hoshi Agari, The Circular Gate, Koenchu Yonogi Seiyu Story (こえんちゅ!)

#35 Post by AlphaProspector »

Jake wrote:Just a suggestion, but you might want to consider curving the top and bottom lines of the symbol; as it is, it looks to my eye like it's the title for "The Rise and Fall of Gemini 2"...
Easily done.

Then they say there are no critiques or suggestions. Rawr.

Here is the changed one. By the way it still looks a bit like a 2 but, well, it's Gemini, it's supposed to be about two souls =P

Hope it's better now. (edit: deleted my previous post, here is an updated version) No the symbol has a soft diluted shape (cloned Gemini symbols) and it somehow looks like a person now... or a kanji.
Attachments
main2.jpg

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#36 Post by N0UGHTS »

Hmmm... Is that going to be the whole logo? Because it looks to my eyes that there's just too much empty space on the right... But if that's the main menu and that's where the menu's going, then never mind. :)
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

AlphaProspector
Regular

#37 Post by AlphaProspector »

N0UGHTS wrote:Hmmm... Is that going to be the whole logo? Because it looks to my eyes that there's just too much empty space on the right... But if that's the main menu and that's where the menu's going, then never mind. :)
Yup, that's where the menu is going =P I thought the "main2" file name would give that away.

Here is a screen of the game window. I was thinking about adding some flavour text on the right upper side, next to the logo (don't wanna add stuff that will cover the ship) or an extremely dissolved layer of flavour text populating the empty areas but, as I said, don't wanna clutter things.

And it's also up to Kazuki whether to add said texts or not. Hopefully this is a WIP so there is time to polish and tweak thingies. It's gonna be a short ride (in the order of the 5 mins) but it's also a good way to make a literary work jump to the multimedia field.
Attachments
game window.jpg