Down in the River (Horror, Romance, Eroge, Free)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
EppleBloom
Projects: Down in the River

Re: Down in the River (Horror, Romance, Eroge, Free)

#16 Post by EppleBloom »

Okay! So most of the progress since the last time I said anything here has still been written and I edited the main post to reflect that along with some other things, however I may have finally gotten to an art style and quality that I'm okay with? Which is a huge step moving forward!
Here's a test/sample/whatever of that just to get a feel for it. Since Violet has been the problem child of sorts it's an image of her.
The questions being: does it look okay? Does she look to be of a suitable age? Are the quality/color okay?
As stated above she's supposed to look young for her age but I'm not aiming for a toddler here. It's a little embarrassing but I'm also colorblind to where I see some extra green so honest feedback on that if it looks off would be really helpful.
Any other concerns or comments?

Edited to add Dahlia's image.
Art style and quality test of Violet in a swimsuit
Art style and quality test of Violet in a swimsuit
Redesign of Dahlia
Redesign of Dahlia

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Down in the River (Horror, Romance, Eroge, Free)

#17 Post by Zelan »

Aw, man, Violet and Dahlia are both cute. ^_^

I'm absolutely in love with the art style, honestly! Even though it's cutesy, Violet's clothes and hair help to make her look much older. There's something about the face, too. I can't quite put it into words, but she looks mature (but still youthful) despite the art style. c: I'm excited to see the other characters in this style!