My Twisted Love Story(title may change)[Otome/GxB][Romance]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Catlip Candy
Regular
Completed: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Love Story (title susceptible to change)
Organization: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Candy
itch: catlipcandy

My Twisted Love Story(title may change)[Otome/GxB][Romance]

#1 Post by Catlip Candy »

Updates:
11/18/2016 - Worked on flow of the story and added and experimented Yuki sprite :3

Story Plot

Leah wants to start her high school life as an ordinary student. All her life she's been getting the attention of the people around her because of her family's prestigious name. Being the daughter of a wealthy CEO, she must set as a good example for the others, but she's getting sick of it all.

Now that she's on high school, she was able to choose her own school to go to - a normal school. She's excited to live her life as a normal student, looking forward to a normal life

Until she saw an introverted classmate who killed a poor kitten at the playground...
A friendly guy at her class who bullies freshmen at the back of their school...
And a respected class president who turns out to be stalking her best friend...

And then she thought to herself. It's going to be a twisted high school life for her.

Characters

Leah - The protagonist of the story. Smart, beautiful, athletic, kind. Your ideal girl. Perfect? Not so much. Behind the cheerful laughs hides the twisted smile

Abigail - The supportive friend of Haruhi. As beautiful, as kind, and as athletic as Mio is, but not as brainy. In fact, she hates anything geeky, serious and anyone who picks on Mio. Short tempered, she destroys everything in her way with her "Super Roundhouse Kick".

Walter - A very shy boy who easily blushes at the smallest things. When he sees knives, blood and other scary stuff, he covers his face with his hands. He cries easily when someone scares him or pulls a prank on him. He likes cute stuff and also an animal lover.

Brian - Izumi is energetic and a sociable person who gets along well with everyone. He always wear that cheerful smile on his face and he's willing to help anyone who is in need. He's brave, very outgoing and is always lively during conversation.

Steven - Keichi is known for his cold glare and cool personality. He tops the class with remarkable grades and has a very polite attitude. He doesn't smile and is not friendly with the others, but he's still popular in the class due to brains and looks. He likes reading advanced books and painting.

So there it is! It's still an idea, and will be updating this thread from now on. I apologize if there's still no script or screenshots in here, since I've firstly worked on the characters' background stories (as to not repeat the same mistake before when one of my characters in my first VN didn't have enough depth in his background story). I will not be posting their background stories here, because that'll be spoilers to my imaginary readers.

I'm still shaping the story up, and more on Leah's story background. I have set some branching choices of the story from Day 1 to Day 4, and eventually hit the writer's block because there's still lots of things to get settled in the idea. My bad. I guess I should have made a solid story first before working on the sequence of events.

Will be updating this thread from time to time!~ Meanwhile, some questions for my imaginary readers:
1. Is the plot a little bit cliche?
2. Do you expect the story to be Yandere? Do you expect the date-able guys to be yandere?
3. Is the plot catchy? Something that would make you want to play?
4. Any other comments? X3 (Just because I don't have anything more to ask)

Last edited by Catlip Candy on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
All I ask from the readers is to give feedback on what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long as it is your truthful opinion!
Please help me become a better visual novel creator!

~~~~~~ Catlip Candy ~~~~~~~

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

Re: My Twisted Love Story(title may change)[Otome/GxB][Roman

#2 Post by wyverngem »

1. Is the plot a little bit cliche?
Not in my opinion. It depends on how you spin the story.

2. Do you expect the story to be Yandere? Do you expect the date-able guys to be yandere?
Not really. I think that depth would make the characters appear less shallow.

I would play it to see what happens. I'm curious on how long the story will be. Does it encompass their entire high school or just the incident?

Will the game be a single incident or will it be longer like a year in her life? What kind of high school were you thinking?

Catlip Candy
Regular

#3 Post by Catlip Candy »

wyverngem wrote:1. Is the plot a little bit cliche?
Not in my opinion. It depends on how you spin the story.

Not really. I think that depth would make the characters appear less shallow.

I would play it to see what happens. I'm curious on how long the story will be. Does it encompass their entire high school or just the incident?

Will the game be a single incident or will it be longer like a year in her life? What kind of high school were you thinking?

Thank you so much for your feedback! It gives me a lot of courage and energy to make this story come true when someone says they would like to play it (>//w//<)/ Because, after all, I'm writing stories for my imaginary readers!

The gameplay might be long, but not necessarily includes one year of the protagonist's life. The game might get long depending on the script. The story will begin when Leah meets the three twisted guys, and it ends when all of the questions get answered
Because all of the date-able guys have their pasts intertwined together, and each one plays an important role in each other's life. After it all becomes clear, that's the time the player gets the "true ending".

Since Leah is involved with the three guys
and since she knows each guy's secrets since Day 1, and gets to know much more about them, depending on which choice the Player chooses,
she tries to find out each guy's pasts, thus, getting intertwined in the life of the three guys.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts about the game! I appreciate it so much~ (^U^)/
Last edited by Catlip Candy on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
All I ask from the readers is to give feedback on what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long as it is your truthful opinion!

Catlip Candy
Regular

#4 Post by Catlip Candy »

Updating!

I've been working on the flow of the story, and is now ready to work on the script! There has been some estimates of how many endings the player will meet. All in all, it should be 7 endings, but I may add more to that since I haven't added any bad endings yet o____o

I've experimented a bit on Walter's sprite. And to anyone who sees this, I hope you can give feedback? x3 maybe posting more on art section of forum will help too, but anyways, here:

Attachments
This shall be Yuki, the shy guy.
This shall be Yuki, the shy guy.