Okimoani // Murder Mystery, Horror, Suspense

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Nicol Armarfi
Regular
Completed: Katawa Shoujo, The Circular Gate, Broken Sky
Projects: Katawa Shoujo, The Circular Gate, Driftwood, Escape from Puzzlegate
Organization: 4LS

Re: Okimoani // Murder Mystery, Horror, Suspense

#16 Post by Nicol Armarfi »

So, arc 2 would be like an alternate retelling? Or a completely different story based on the same timeline? Either way it could work, though. It's not something you see too often in visual novels, either, so it would be interesting to see.

Jaymer
Regular

#17 Post by Jaymer »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:So, arc 2 would be like an alternate retelling? Or a completely different story based on the same timeline? Either way it could work, though. It's not something you see too often in visual novels, either, so it would be interesting to see.
Like, in one there is a tradgedy and the other is a solution... yaknow?

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by N0UGHTS »

I knew what you meant the first time... It's just that I'm concerned that playing through another arc will bore the player. (Not that stories told that way are always boring! Otherwise I wouldn't like Coupling so much. :3 ) That's why I mentioned switching viewpoints...

I'd say go for whatever you want! It's fun trying to pull things off like that... And you feel even better if you've done that successfully.
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

Jaymer
Regular

#19 Post by Jaymer »

N0UGHTS wrote:I knew what you meant the first time... It's just that I'm concerned that playing through another arc will bore the player. (Not that stories told that way are always boring! Otherwise I wouldn't like Coupling so much. :3 ) That's why I mentioned switching viewpoints...

I'd say go for whatever you want! It's fun trying to pull things off like that... And you feel even better if you've done that successfully.
o3o lolthanks.
WELL!! I need to start writing... I am being lazy >__>;;

EDIT: Kuuuuhuhuhuhuhuhu!! How about I just put how/who the murderer was in like an epilouge?

Nicol Armarfi is too lazy to sign in

#20 Post by Nicol Armarfi is too lazy to sign in »

It's true that it could be boring, though if it is going to be done Higurashi style I can't see anything boring with it, if done right. Also, it's not exactly the 'main' game, but more of an extra, so it doesn't have to be too interesting.

Jaymer
Regular

#21 Post by Jaymer »

lolI finished the prolouge/first chapter-ish. I will try get my friend to do the character art.
I'll TRY put some CGs in there... buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

Jaymer
Regular

#22 Post by Jaymer »

WHOA OLD THREAD -dusts dust of dusty thread-
Well, I abandoned this project lo—ng ago XD;
I got REAAAALLY lazy and never got around to writing any text XDD;
But, I shall start a new one, nonetheless!
It mightn't be today, nor tomorrow, but I shall!
...soyeahyoucangoaheadanddeletethisthread8D

~Jaymer