So I really love the locked room visual novels, where your life is on the line if you don't solve a series of wacky puzzles presented by some unseen antagonist. Think 999, Danganronpa and Sweet Fuse! Anyway, I wanted to have a go at making one, and also using it as an opportunity to learn a thing or two about coding!
Currently the only person working with me in the sprite artist, KARN.
Sixteen people are trapped in an underground bunker and forced to complete a series of puzzles in order to escape. The characters discover that they are all users of SyncTech, a relatively new technology which has been given to only a select group of people.
Told from the point of view of Leonore. This story will explore SyncTech and it's effects on society since its introduction.
Told from the point of view of Bernard. This story will explore the lore and legends of the setting and they way they effect the characters.
DELTA CONTROL GROUP
THETA CONTROL GROUP
MU CONTROL GROUP
PI CONTROL GROUP
- Puzzle Mode vs Story Mode. So, for the moment the plan for this is that in story mode instead of doing the puzzles you contribute to escaping the room by interacting with the other characters and helping them to figure out the puzzle by encouraging them. Puzzle Mode, on the other hand, will require a much more heavy handed approach to the puzzles. You won't miss any scenes by doing it one way or the other, just some dialogue changes really.
- Two different main characters with different romance options and story-lines.
- The ability to save everyone! (And isn't that really what it is all about?)
- Sort of comic book style art.
- Do you think their should be extra content for story mode or puzzle mode? I guess I'm really asking if the joy of completing the puzzle will be enough to interest you in playing Puzzle Mode?
- Which character do you think looks most interesting?
- Any other comments or questions are welcome