Thereafter: A Medieval Life [GxB][BxB][Romance][VN][Comm]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
aeri
Regular
Projects: Thereafter: A Medieval Life, What happens on camera doesn't always stay on camera, etc.
Organization: Meraki Tales
Tumblr: merakitales
itch: merakitales

Thereafter: A Medieval Life [GxB][BxB][Romance][VN][Comm]

#1 Post by aeri »

Thereafter: A Medieval Life (Commercial Game)
Genre: Otome, BL, Romance

Previews

Prologue
You are in control of your own experiences.
I am your guide to your unique, unfolding journey.

You have passed on from your current world, and you are given an option to be reborn or if you would like to go beyond the gates. You decide to be reborn and unbeknown to you, you end up in an alternate universe similar to the medieval times.

Gameplay
Players first choose which protagonist they would like to play.

Then, there will be three unique occupations to choose for the protagonist:
• Vanna’s choices for occupations are blacksmith, thief, and tavern chef
• Gareth’s choices for occupations are knight, composer, and herbalist

Depending on the occupation chosen, it will affect the story and which male character they will be able to romance.

Throughout each story, players will have decision points throughout the game where their decisions will influence the type of scenes that appear as well as the outcome of the story.

Current Game Features
• Beautiful sprite, CG, and background arts drawn by various artists
• Six unique stories where three are otome and another three are BL
• Five CGs per story for a total of 30 CGs
• Replay scenes gallery
• Three endings for each story (bad, good, best), extra scenes during and/or after credits depending on ending type
• Opening song, bad ending song, ending song, and various original background music

Characters

Vanna Stelli: Female main character; thief outfit pictured
Age 23, 5'3" (160cm), ENFJ

Edgar Triggs: romanceable knight for Vanna
Age 21, 5'5" (165cm), ESTJ

Jaron Williams: romanceable composer for Vanna
Age 23, 5'7" (170 cm), ISFP,

Herbalist (name to be determined): INTP; (more description available at a later time)

Gareth Mieli: Male main character; composer outfit pictured
Age 22, 5'6" (168cm), INFJ

Antonio: INTJ; romanceable blacksmith for the male protagonist
Age 24, 5'7" (170cm), INTJ

Thief (name to be determined): ESTP; (more description available at a later time)

Tavern Chef (name to be determined): ESFJ (more description available at a later time)

Summary for each story
Female MC (Vanna Stelli) as a thief romancing the knight:
Vanna doesn’t find trouble an unusual occurrence, and being a thief, she didn’t expect to connect or enjoy interacting with a knight until she meets Edgar. However, it becomes inevitable as they learn more about each other that their beliefs heavily clash, especially when it is about laws or any mention of Edgar’s superior. Is Vanna able to gain his trust to figure out what’s going on?

Female MC as a blacksmith romancing the herbalist:
Vanna has only met the herbalist once when he had arrived to town a few years ago, but never had a need to see Hitoshi. After stopping by the herb shop for her boss, she thought there would be no reason they would see each other again, until she finds out they’re working together to help with preparations for the harvest festival. As she thought they were getting closer, he seems to be keeping her at a distance. Will she be able to find out why he’s keeping his walls up?

Female MC as a tavern chef romancing the composer:
Jaron comes back home sooner than Vanna thought, and she does not expect him to be working at the inn while trying to find a long-term reason to stay. Although it started off awkward because of where they last left off, they almost return back to how it was before she told him her feelings. With the harvest festival preparations underway, will there be a reason for Jaron to stay once it’s over?

Male MC as a herbalist romancing the thief:
Gareth never had an encounter like this before. When he thought his last four weeks at Ashton would be typical days, he reacquaints himself with Xander on a rainy day. Not only that, he is volunteered by his boss to help with the Harvest Festival preparations, and Xander seems to be always around him. There’s a mysterious air behind Xander’s friendly face, but will Gareth find out what it’s all about?

Male MC as a knight romancing the tavern chef:
Gareth moved to Ashton and became a knight after rescuing the Prince when he was 13. He reacquaints with Karno after stomping out of the castle in anger with the Prince (now King) about death letters while eating at the tavern instead of his usual meals at the castle. Karno offers to find information within conversations in the tavern, and Gareth starts hanging out with Karno during his free time. Will Gareth be able to find the culprit behind the letters with Karno's help?

Male MC as a composer romancing the blacksmith:
Stopping by this town was purely impulsive, but he’s surprised to find someone who looks uncannily like someone he knew back home who they (his hometown) all thought he died in the flood 10 years ago. With the opportunity to work with him, whether or not it’s the same person, he is interested in getting to know him. Will he learn more about a new person, or will he end up finding someone who he thought he lost but is now found?

CG gallery preview (1st CG of each route will be shown here when completed)
BL route: Blacksmith 1st CG

BL route: Tavern Chef 1st CG

BL route: Thief 1st CG

Otome route: Composer 1st CG

Otome route: Herbalist 1st CG

Otome route: Knight 1st CG

Preview of Background

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Music Sample
Prologue

Extra Contents
Character Height Chart

Current tasks
Planning
• Story planning (outline): 26%
  • o Female!Blacksmith: 10%
    o Female!Thief: 99%
    o Female!Tavern Chef: 10%
    o Male!Knight: 10%
    o Male!Composer: 20%
    o Male!Herbalist: 25%
• Characters design: 30%
• Merchandise Research: 90%

Writing
• First Draft: 1%
  • o Female!Blacksmith: 5%
    o Female!Thief: 5%
    o Female!Tavern Chef: 5%
    o Male!Knight: 1%
    o Male!Composer: 5%
    o Male!Herbalist: 5%
• Additional Drafts before Finalizing: 0%
  • o Female!Blacksmith: 0%
    o Female!Thief: 0%
    o Female!Tavern Chef: 0%
    o Male!Knight: 0%
    o Male!Composer: 0%
    o Male!Herbalist: 0%
• Final Draft
  • o Female!Blacksmith: 0%
    o Female!Thief: 0%
    o Female!Tavern Chef: 0%
    o Male!Knight: 0%
    o Male!Composer: 0%
    o Male!Herbalist: 0%
Art
• Character rough sketches: 40%
• Character sprites: 40%
• Backgrounds: 100%
• CGs: 10%
• GUI: 40%
• Logo: 0%
• Merchandise Art: 5%

Music: 20%
Coding: 4%
Proofreading/Editing: 0%
Testing/Debugging: 0%

Staff
aeri – project creator, writer, programmer
Soleil – character sprite artist
Zhowee – background artist
Darkavey – CG artist (BL stories)
Yuliformer CG artist (otome stories)
Zenith Omocha – CG artist (otome stories)
Shion – chibi artist for merchandise purposes
Nitsu – editor
Emilily - editor
Assigned (will stay anonymous) – idea-bouncer
Vi Yuzuki - former logo, GUI
Umidori – musician for opening song, bad ending melody, custom BGMs
Barzini - media liaison

Special thank you to Yaoi Consortium for their partnership.

Updates (newest at the top)
• March 09, 2020: updated summaries for BL routes, demo currently halfway in coding, and music update
• January 05, 2020: new cover art previews, updated prologue, writing and music update
• June 22, 2019: Updated prologue, gameplay, and route summaries to current concepts
• January 23, 2019: Added a character height chart in the new "extra contents" section
• January 09, 2019: Added current preview of the game's main screen
• October 26, 2018: Programmed 2 out of 6 routes for demo testing, updated various GUI components (GUI increased to 40%), currently writing/editing/programming the new prologue (to be updated when narrative is completed) and the remaining 4 routes
• October 14, 2018: Added an additional game preview screenshot and updated the character cards for herbalist (Hitoshi), tavern chef (Karno), and thief (Xander)
• September 09, 2018: Updated the character info cards for the two protagonists and added special thank you to Yaoi Consortium
• August 24, 2018: Updated the character info cards for composer, herbalist, tavern chef, and thief (herbalist had the wrong description but that is corrected); next update will have the MC character info chards updated
• August 17, 2018: BL route's Tavern Chef 1st CG posted
• August 10, 2018: Otome route's Herbalist 1st CG posted
• August 01, 2018: Otome route's Composer 1st CG posted
• July 20, 2018: BL route's Thief 1st CG posted
• June 17, 2018: All character cards are available (three characters do not have official names yet and most do not have all outfits/expressions currently available) and all six story summaries have been updated to reflect current planned storylines
• May 29, 2018: Game Preview Draft update (GUI components on bottom right added), 2 additional CGs completed
• May 06, 2018: Updated character cards for the four that have already been done (both male and female protagonists, Edgar the romanceable knight, and Antonio the romanceable blacksmith)
• April 29, 2018: Replaced first draft game preview with second draft
• October 14, 2017: Added last 4 romanceable sprites (pending character card implementation) and 1 CG preview for otome route
• September 08, 2017: Added first draft of game preview
• August 20, 2017: Added character info card for the male!MC (his composer outfit is pictured) and updated the blacksmith's character card (now has a first name with an unknown surname due to his background)
• July 29, 2017: Adjusted staffing based on new situations arising, updated percentage of completion for various items in the lists, updated background preview section with "on board the ship (1 coloring)", added music sample section with "prologue" song, added CG gallery with preview of the 1st CG for the blacksmith route, new question added about game resolution based on background dimensions
• June 13, 2017: Updated background preview section with "outside blacksmith shop (all colorings)"
• May 29, 2017: Updated all current character cards (female protagonist's thief occupation, romanceable knight, and romanceable blacksmith)
• May 06, 2017: Updated background preview section with "outside inn/tavern (4 colorings)"
• April 14, 2017: Updated background preview section with "inside inn/tavern (4 colorings)" as well as preview of the official sprite art for romanceable blacksmith (one of the BL routes)
• April 06, 2017: Updated background preview section with "outside prison tower (4 colorings)" as well as percentage update of the first draft for the female!thief (MC) x knight route
• March 18, 2017: Updated romanceable knight (Edgar Triggs) with character biography card and updated character description
• February 26, 2017: Background Preview section created with "inside the prison cell (night)" available
• February 21, 2017: Updated female!MC's thief character card to finalized sprite art, story summary updated
• January 22, 2017: Updated female!MC's thief art to the colored sketch by SoleilRune (sprite artist), staff listing up to date
• January 15, 2017: Added blacksmith colored sketch from the sprite artist
• January 09, 2017: Added knight colored sketch from the sprite artist

Questions (even answering one question will help~)
Are there any options or changes you would like to see in the GUI part of the draft (where you see hide, auto, skip, and etc.)?

Any comments/questions/suggestions?
Last edited by aeri on Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:40 am, edited 62 times in total.

Aratzne
Deviantart: Aratzne

Re: Thereafter: A Medieval Life [GxB][BxB][Romance][VN][Comm

#2 Post by Aratzne »

I'm liking this premise! I think navigating each of the stories separately with set romantic partners gives the chance to focus more on how choices can affect each of the stories rather than on choosing a romantic partner like a lot of VNs. (To clarify, both types of VN are good in my book.)

Which story summary is the least interesting to you? Any suggestions to help improve the story will be appreciated and considered.

Male MC as a knight romancing the tavern chef: It is a bit vague, as you mentioned, and compared to the other routes. I'm not sure what exactly is drawing the knight and the tavern chef together. Just that the knight wants to help out? I think a more compelling hook to bring them together would help with this idea.

In general, I think the stories will be more interesting once the characters are more fleshed out.

Would you like to have the option to purchase this game as an otome edition or BL edition? (For example, the otome or the BL editions will be $12 as opposed to buying a full edition with otome and BL at $20.)

That's not something I would go in for personally; I'd want to buy the full version. But some people might like it. Options are always good, and the lower price will be more enticing for people who only want half the game. I think it's a good idea.

What merchandise would you purchase (and are likely to) with this game?

Just as a warning, I wouldn't usually buy merchandise for a game unless I really, really liked it. Budget concerns and all that. So the game would have to have a big impact on me before I considered buying merchandise with/after the game. I think that's probably true for a lot of people.

Kickstarter is a bit of an exception for me - I may be more easily convinced to go to higher tiers for merch in that case. Though the game would still have to be a really compelling one. Not sure why the distinction; possibly because I feel more invested in a game I'm supporting, and possibly because of the "limited edition" feel of that merch.

As for the types of merch I'd be most likely to go in for - keychains, artbooks, and postcard-sized prints or bookmarks.

Any comments/questions/suggestions for the game or characters?
Best of luck!
Current Project: Supernaturalis: No More Fear (thread pending)

Sapphire-Skillz
Tumblr: Kazurenai
Deviantart: Sapphire-Skillz

#3 Post by Sapphire-Skillz »

Which story summary is the least interesting to you? Any suggestions to help improve the story will be appreciated and considered.
Oh wow, this game sounds incredibly interesting. I was drawn to the concept of being reborn and the medieval vibe gave me an RE:Zero feel to it
I guess, the least interesting is female tavern chef romancing the composer, only because the connection seems random and the story is very kind of, specific as where the others (i.e herbalist help thief) have stories that are more related to their jobs. There should be more connection to the chef, maybe the composer is more of a bard performing in the tavern or is a kooky music obsessed person who gets inspired by the chef's food (or vice-versa -- chef is inspired by the music)

Would you like to have the option to purchase this game as an otome edition or BL edition?
Seperate is better for people who 1) only has a specific preference and 2) would buy it cause cheaper. I would personally only get Otome unless the BL version offers something really different. (Reminds me of one of winter wolves old games "Spirited Heart" where they released a GXG version years later but the artist was different and the art was inferior to the original) But I just checked the website and they do a bundle where if you buy both, you get it cheaper so that's something to consider.

I usually don't buy merchandise cause they tend to be pricey. Cheapest things are keychains which I don't bother with, and the second thing are plushies which tend to be not that great-looking (I did want the Hatoful Boyfriend ones but $10 is too much for a 5" plush). Unless the art is beautiful and the game is great, then safest bet is to just do OST and a good quality artbook -- I bought Corpse's Party Blood Drive limited edition and the art book's first few pages just fell apart because of how thin the pages were (and the way it was shaped so opening the book already stresses out the pages as is).

If posters were offered, what sizes would you prefer? (Debating between 11" x 17" (27.9 cm × 43.2 cm), 13" x 19" (33.0 cm x 48.3 cm), and 17" x 25" (43.2 cm x 63.5 cm)) Also, if you have any preference toward posters printed on glossy or semi-gloss paper?
I don't really know what the sizes look like, all I can say is I like the default sizes posters you buy at Anime Con and stuff are pretty ideal for me c: Big enough to see but not too big to be a bother. I also prefer less gloss cause the more gloss, the more dents you can see on the poster in the light. The thicker the paper (and matte tends to dent less or is less noticeable) the better.

Is there any connection to the beginning (the whole you dying thing) that will be expanded upon later in the game, or is it just a plot device to begin the story? o: I think it'd be interesting to bring it back, like maybe there was a main purpose for you to come back to life? But if not, that's fine just curious c: If there was more a connection, I think that would be really cool though.
Some suggestions for other characters are maybe as mentioned earlier, a Bard, a "Maiden", a mage/wizard? I feel like these would connect with the MC male being a knight (such as the clash between physical vs magical strength with the mage)
Also I checked out the artists, their art is BEAUTIFUL. I'm so looking forward to the character designs and CGs (Oh and if possible, add lots of CGs *u*) Good luck!

aeri
Regular
Projects: Thereafter: A Medieval Life, What happens on camera doesn't always stay on camera, etc.

#4 Post by aeri »

@Aratzne
I'm liking this premise! I think navigating each of the stories separately with set romantic partners gives the chance to focus more on how choices can affect each of the stories rather than on choosing a romantic partner like a lot of VNs. (To clarify, both types of VN are good in my book.)
Thank you for this comment ^ ^ It might be more work (in a sense) to do six completely different plots but I definitely hope it pays off as I further develop the stories (and create a more descriptive/less vague summary that can hopefully hook people in xD)

Male MC as a knight romancing the tavern chef: It is a bit vague, as you mentioned, and compared to the other routes. I'm not sure what exactly is drawing the knight and the tavern chef together. Just that the knight wants to help out? I think a more compelling hook to bring them together would help with this idea.

In general, I think the stories will be more interesting once the characters are more fleshed out.
Definitely feel you there...I hope during my story planning process I can better draw these two together and create that compelling hook ^ ^ Same goes for the other characters...I'm slowly working through these character reference sheets for the main characters and the six guys...so when I'm done with that, I hope the characters will definitely have more personality and can provide a great tale to read :)
Would you like to have the option to purchase this game as an otome edition or BL edition? (For example, the otome or the BL editions will be $12 as opposed to buying a full edition with otome and BL at $20.)

That's not something I would go in for personally; I'd want to buy the full version. But some people might like it. Options are always good, and the lower price will be more enticing for people who only want half the game. I think it's a good idea.
Sounds good to me, and I'm up for doing separate editions but I definitely am with you there...I like both BL and otome xD Thank you for your input here~

Just as a warning, I wouldn't usually buy merchandise for a game unless I really, really liked it. Budget concerns and all that. So the game would have to have a big impact on me before I considered buying merchandise with/after the game. I think that's probably true for a lot of people.

Kickstarter is a bit of an exception for me - I may be more easily convinced to go to higher tiers for merch in that case. Though the game would still have to be a really compelling one. Not sure why the distinction; possibly because I feel more invested in a game I'm supporting, and possibly because of the "limited edition" feel of that merch.

As for the types of merch I'd be most likely to go in for - keychains, artbooks, and postcard-sized prints or bookmarks.
Definitely understandable to me! Unfortunately, as I'm doing merchandise researching for vendors...some things are expensive to produce, and some things aren't budget-friendly at all T T. I had a situation happened to me for Fire Emblem: Fates...I had the opportunity to buy the limited edition from someone who had an extra copy, but I turned it down because I wasn't sure if I was going to really like the series enough (my first Fire Emblem game), and I somewhat wished I didn't turn it out now because I would have liked the art book in the end :\ But anyway xD I get the same feeling with kickstarters but sometimes the items I really want are in those high tiers...and I can't get myself to invest in it so I only buy the game :\
Best of luck!
Thank you and hope you will be supporting in the future ^ ^ I appreciate your inputs! Let me know if you have any other questions or comments~!

==============================================

@Sapphire-Skillz
Oh wow, this game sounds incredibly interesting. I was drawn to the concept of being reborn and the medieval vibe gave me an RE:Zero feel to it
I guess, the least interesting is female tavern chef romancing the composer, only because the connection seems random and the story is very kind of, specific as where the others (i.e herbalist help thief) have stories that are more related to their jobs. There should be more connection to the chef, maybe the composer is more of a bard performing in the tavern or is a kooky music obsessed person who gets inspired by the chef's food (or vice-versa -- chef is inspired by the music)
Thank you for the input about the reborn concept ^ ^ Read the last comment that ties this to your comment/question particularly for the reborn thing :)
That is true actually...I feel sometimes when I write the summary, it either is too partner-oriented or really specific but you don't really know much about the characters. The bard performing combined with the inspiration from the chef's food is actually an interesting idea~ That definitely helps with inspiration for me and may possibly use a variation of this idea for the story ^ ^
Would you like to have the option to purchase this game as an otome edition or BL edition?
Seperate is better for people who 1) only has a specific preference and 2) would buy it cause cheaper. I would personally only get Otome unless the BL version offers something really different. (Reminds me of one of winter wolves old games "Spirited Heart" where they released a GXG version years later but the artist was different and the art was inferior to the original) But I just checked the website and they do a bundle where if you buy both, you get it cheaper so that's something to consider.
I hope you will consider getting the full version in the future when the summary and characters are more fleshed out ^ ^ But I understand if the stories aren't distinctly enough that you would be okay with just buying the otome edition :) Thank you for sharing that information~ It is unlikely I will be coming back to the game to create a GxG but who knows...one year can change people's perspective right? xD
I usually don't buy merchandise cause they tend to be pricey. Cheapest things are keychains which I don't bother with, and the second thing are plushies which tend to be not that great-looking (I did want the Hatoful Boyfriend ones but $10 is too much for a 5" plush). Unless the art is beautiful and the game is great, then safest bet is to just do OST and a good quality artbook -- I bought Corpse's Party Blood Drive limited edition and the art book's first few pages just fell apart because of how thin the pages were (and the way it was shaped so opening the book already stresses out the pages as is).
Thank you for the input~ I definitely would do the OST and quality artbook (I'm hoping the paper thickness I'm planning to use is more than enough and won't fall apart~)
If posters were offered, what sizes would you prefer? (Debating between 11" x 17" (27.9 cm × 43.2 cm), 13" x 19" (33.0 cm x 48.3 cm), and 17" x 25" (43.2 cm x 63.5 cm)) Also, if you have any preference toward posters printed on glossy or semi-gloss paper?
I don't really know what the sizes look like, all I can say is I like the default sizes posters you buy at Anime Con and stuff are pretty ideal for me c: Big enough to see but not too big to be a bother. I also prefer less gloss cause the more gloss, the more dents you can see on the poster in the light. The thicker the paper (and matte tends to dent less or is less noticeable) the better.
Sounds good to me~ I believe I should have multiple options for poster size but if I bundle it, I'll be sure to do something like an 11"x17" (I believe that tends to be the popular poster size). Thank you for the input and definitely am considering the semi-gloss and understand that some posters are just...so thin and so easy to damage :\
Is there any connection to the beginning (the whole you dying thing) that will be expanded upon later in the game, or is it just a plot device to begin the story? o: I think it'd be interesting to bring it back, like maybe there was a main purpose for you to come back to life? But if not, that's fine just curious c: If there was more a connection, I think that would be really cool though.
Some suggestions for other characters are maybe as mentioned earlier, a Bard, a "Maiden", a mage/wizard? I feel like these would connect with the MC male being a knight (such as the clash between physical vs magical strength with the mage)
It's kind of a bit of everything actually :) It will be expanded upon in future (hopefully!!) games with the same starting title and one day will end with the character going to heaven/hell/oblivion (haven't decided yet). I'm planning at each ending (bad, good, and best for all of the stories) for the player to choose to "relive" their life (maybe I should use a different term...it would take you back to the menu where you select your gender and occupation). Otherwise, if they choose not to "relive" their life, it would at least hint the next game's theme ^ ^ Sorry I probably should have specify in the prologue that the main character decides to be reborn instead of reliving their current life or is ready to go to heaven/hell/oblivion. Hope that helps!

As for the other characters, I'm actually avoiding anything that has to do with magic and supernatural to keep this a pretty down-to-earth story and not have to go into various explanations of "why couldn't he have just blown this up" or "why couldn't he use his magic" and etc...Hope that is an understandable situation~ Thank you for the suggestion though and hopefully in whichever direction the game goes, the story and characters will have good connections and tales to provide :)
Also I checked out the artists, their art is BEAUTIFUL. I'm so looking forward to the character designs and CGs (Oh and if possible, add lots of CGs *u*) Good luck!
I'm glad you are looking forward to the character designs and CGs ^ ^ I am really peculiar with art styles that fit my preference and it was definitely an adventure to find artists with similar art styles but I think this will definitely work out very well!

Thank you very much for your reply on this thread and let me know if you have anymore questions or comments ^ ^

aeri
Regular

#5 Post by aeri »

Update:
Female!Thief x Knight story is at 85% completion for the planning stage (currently doing the backstories for the supporting characters involved on this route and will be readjusting bits and pieces of my very long synopsis for the game). Character design for the female!thief is underway that I will be giving to the character sprite artist soon :)

Staff listing has been completed for some time now but in case people didn't notice and had visited this thread before!

aeri
Regular

#6 Post by aeri »

12/17/16 update
• Staff listing up to date
• Female MC's name revealed as well as concept art for her thief route
• Added additional question at the end of post

• Backstory of knight and two supporting characters within the thief!Vanna (female!MC) route at 95%

CosmicFan

#7 Post by CosmicFan »

Which story summary is the least interesting to you?

Female MC as a tavern chef romancing the composer. I'm mainly invested on the BxB routes and this one seemed like the least fleshed out GXB route.

Yes, I would very much like this.

Keychain definitely.

If posters were offered, what sizes would you prefer?

I think the smallest size with glossy paper would be best.

Would you be interested in reading short stories of both main and supporting characters' backstories before the game's release?

As long as they don't distract from the development of the game itself, why not?

aeri
Regular

#8 Post by aeri »

CosmicFan wrote:Which story summary is the least interesting to you?

Female MC as a tavern chef romancing the composer. I'm mainly invested on the BxB routes and this one seemed like the least fleshed out GXB route.

Yes, I would very much like this.

Keychain definitely.

If posters were offered, what sizes would you prefer?

I think the smallest size with glossy paper would be best.

Would you be interested in reading short stories of both main and supporting characters' backstories before the game's release?

As long as they don't distract from the development of the game itself, why not?

Thank you for your feedback :)

I definitely will polish up the story and update the summaries as I continue to develop each route (and the short stories will only be worked on if there is extra time at the tail-end of the game development...wanted to see how much interest there might be~).

I hope you will continue to stick around to see the progress overtime~ (Woohoo, BL fan <3 !!)

aeri
Regular

#9 Post by aeri »

01/09/17 update
• Knight sprite art (colored sketch) added

CosmicFan

#10 Post by CosmicFan »

Knight is looking g.o.o.d!

aeri
Regular

#11 Post by aeri »

Thank you cosmicfan for the feedback ^ ^

01/15/17 update
• Added blacksmith colored sketch from the sprite artist

aeri
Regular

#12 Post by aeri »

01/22/17 Update
• Female!MC's thief art to the colored sketch by SoleilRune (sprite artist), staff listing up to date

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#13 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Damn this is so cute can't wait for more!
ImageImage

aeri
Regular

#14 Post by aeri »

02/21/17 Update
• Updated female!MC's thief character card to finalized sprite art with brief personality summary, story summary for F!thief x knight updated

aeri
Regular

#15 Post by aeri »

02/26/17 Update
• Background Preview section created with "inside the prison cell (night)" available for view