Modus Operandi - UPDATE: Colored Portraits!!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
illuminate001

Re: Modus Operandi - Recruiting

#16 Post by illuminate001 »

Hi! A friend of mine is currently looking for commissions as he needs money to replace his old DS sadly. T_T
As for me Im also curious too...are u offering $$$ for the positions at all? If it were me I'd apply as character designer/illustrator however u have no images of the style u'd like us to imitate.

Tsuki-chan
Regular
Projects: How to Be a Successful Villain

#17 Post by Tsuki-chan »

Unfortunately, I am unable to offer compensation at this time. However, that is definitely a possibility in the future. And, of course, if money were to be made off of the game, you would receive a share of the profits.

Also, as the previous character artist apparently quit, I've located another and updated the first post.

Tsuki-chan
Regular

#18 Post by Tsuki-chan »

It sure is hard finding good help these days...x.x;

illuminate001

#19 Post by illuminate001 »

Tsuki-chan wrote:Unfortunately, I am unable to offer compensation at this time. However, that is definitely a possibility in the future. And, of course, if money were to be made off of the game, you would receive a share of the profits.

Also, as the previous character artist apparently quit, I've located another and updated the first post.
Ahhh I c Ic...thanx for letting me know! I will let my friend know bout this as well...as he may still be interested. =D

Yeah good help IS hard to find but worth waiting for. Im sure the right team will come along. Good luck! :)

Tsuki-chan
Regular

#20 Post by Tsuki-chan »

Alright, then...^^
In the meantime, would it be possible for me to see some examples of your friend's art?

Tsuki-chan
Regular

Re: Modus Operandi - In Need of Artist

#21 Post by Tsuki-chan »

My original character artist apparently no longer has the time for this, so the search begins again...x.x;

x__sinister
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi, Grim

#22 Post by x__sinister »

Tsuki-chan wrote:My original character artist apparently no longer has the time for this, so the search begins again...x.x;
Why can't people just commit to what they say they're going to do? [huff]
A literate roleplaying community.

Tsuki-chan
Regular

#23 Post by Tsuki-chan »

You're telling me...x.x;
Or, at the very least, don't (a) wait a month before telling me that you've been busy or (b) tell me for weeks that your almost done with a concept sketch.

x__sinister
Regular

#24 Post by x__sinister »

We should probably commission someone, but that usually costs a lot.
If we finish everything but the art, and no one has offered by that time, then I can help pitch in for the commission.

Tsuki-chan
Regular

#25 Post by Tsuki-chan »

Wow, I wasn't expecting that.
Goes to show what kinds of people I've met, right...xDD?

If I'd had the money, I would have commissioned someone a long time ago. But, with someone to help out, we could actually get somewhere...^.^!

You have no idea how much I appreciate that.

What I'm really worried about, though, is finding an event artist. I think, given time, I could find an artist to work on the character sprites who will actually see the project through to the end, but drawing cut-scenes is a whole lot more work.

Tsuki-chan
Regular

Re: Modus Operandi - Recruiting!

#26 Post by Tsuki-chan »

Found a sprite artist!
I'll have some initial sketches up for you guys soon.

EDIT: Uploaded the first five. There are actually a couple of others that are already finished, but I want them to be in order in the image, and the two that are still being worked on would leave gaps.

Tsuki-chan
Regular

#27 Post by Tsuki-chan »

I added in the remaining characters.
Keep in mind, though, that these are just the initial sketches, which means there may be some alterations.

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#28 Post by Midnighticequeen »

I like the character sketches, and I appreciate that they are not in the usual anime style. I'm so interested in your game, and I'm glad someone is trying to add variety to the usual genre, I'm sorry your first artist quit though.

I hate in when someone says that they are going to do something for you but then don't follow through.

But good luck anyway.

Tsuki-chan
Regular

#29 Post by Tsuki-chan »

I definitely agree with you. Why bother saying that you're going to help out if you're just going to quit before we've gotten anywhere? I would prefer that she quit in the beginning rather than somewhere in the middle, though. I've attempted to work with many different artists on various projects, so I'm practically used to it by now...>.o

Thanks a ton for the luck! I'm glad you're interested...^^
I didn't think the traditional "cute" sort of style found in many mainstream visual novels would suit this game.

x__sinister
Regular

#30 Post by x__sinister »

I like the new artist's style. It's definitely derived from some anime, but it's unique in that it's got a bit cartoon in there, as well. I really like it. I might snag him/her when it comes time for my own VN. XD