Two Way Road (Working Title) [Otome]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Lord Dragon
Regular
Projects: Trappy
Tumblr: lorddragonshenanigans

Two Way Road (Working Title) [Otome]

#1 Post by Lord Dragon »

Two Way Road

Everyone has a Devil on their Shoulder, some of us also have an Angel.
What happens these figurative characters become real, and now you are forced to make your every decision based on these angelic and demonic entities.

Queue our protagonist, a simple office worker who has a terrible crush on a co-worker. (cliche cliche I know)
She then meets two curious creatures, a Little Devil Deeva and a Little Angel Angie, who take it upon themselves to play Cupid for our young office worker.

Do tell me what you think~
1 - What do you think of this idea?
2 - What do you think of the UI?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Two Way Road (Working Title) [Otome]

#2 Post by Zelan »

My answer for both 1 and 2: Perfection.

The GUI is adorable and I love the idea of having to choose between the advice of an angel and a devil. It would be interesting if always listening to the devil would lead to something other than a bad end.

Neeka
Veteran
Completed: Hearts & Hexes; Winter Flower
Projects: Hearts and Hexes; Our Mountain; The Last Clan: Tale of Oni
Organization: Ostrich Burger Productions
IRC Nick: Neeka
itch: neeka-of-obp

#3 Post by Neeka »

I think the idea is really nice. It isn't unheard of but I think it can turn out several ways, depending if want to include comedic bits with her two new friends. I think the GUI is pretty and polished. It's simple but still attention grabbing. The graphics of the game will also set the mood/show off the theme. :)

aeri
Regular
Projects: Thereafter: A Medieval Life, What happens on camera doesn't always stay on camera, etc.
Organization: Meraki Tales
Tumblr: merakitales
itch: merakitales

#4 Post by aeri »

I think this is an interesting idea though I'm not exactly sure how it will be executed? So there will be a different UI for the message window when it is only the protagonist or love interest talking? Will there be more than one love interest?

UI looks cute by the way! Not sure if it is too tall but I think I will have to see a more developed picture before I can give a better response :)

Great start on the idea!

Antizaba

#5 Post by Antizaba »

I love the idea! Also the GUI is beautifull and sets the perfect mood for comedy. I love the little horns and halo on speech bubbles.
I would play this! :)

Dark Sentinel
Regular
Completed: Five in Frills

#6 Post by Dark Sentinel »

As said before, the idea isn't smth new and revolutionary, but it's not smth used often either.
To be honest, I can't remember a VN in this setting at all, so, I guess, given enough love, this may actually be a good VN to read.
As for UI... Well, yes, I agree, it's pretty pretty.
щ (ºДº ) щ

Lord Dragon
Regular
Projects: Trappy
Tumblr: lorddragonshenanigans

#7 Post by Lord Dragon »

Zelan wrote:It would be interesting if always listening to the devil would lead to something other than a bad end.
Yea I'm hoping to put a bit of both into the game

aeri wrote:I think this is an interesting idea though I'm not exactly sure how it will be executed? So there will be a different UI for the message window when it is only the protagonist or love interest talking? Will there be more than one love interest?

UI looks cute by the way! Not sure if it is too tall but I think I will have to see a more developed picture before I can give a better response :)

Great start on the idea!

This will be what it looks like only when you need to select a choice or when the devil and the angel are talking

And yea I was worried the UI might be a little tall, I've always been bad at judging that sort of thing.
Dark Sentinel wrote:As said before, the idea isn't smth new and revolutionary, but it's not smth used often either.
To be honest, I can't remember a VN in this setting at all, so, I guess, given enough love, this may actually be a good VN to read.
As for UI... Well, yes, I agree, it's pretty pretty.
Yup, I'm just hoping I'll be able to do my own thing, this is partially me fulfilling ways to learn how to code, and another part of me wanting the design insane character personalities (the devil and angel)
Antizaba wrote:I love the idea! Also the GUI is beautifull and sets the perfect mood for comedy. I love the little horns and halo on speech bubbles.
I would play this! :)
Gosh I hoped I wasn't getting too carried away with that XD

projectotome
Regular
Projects: Under the Moonlit Sky
Organization: Drifting Dreamers

#8 Post by projectotome »

1. ITS AN ADORABLE IDEA! And something very up my alley~
2. I think the UI is really cute - I love the two chibis too ;)

Also, shameless self-plug I suppose (>///<), but in case or if you were interested in a logo, I'm opening free requests! I enjoy helping out developers! My examples can be seen here: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=33903. PM me or reply if you're interested! You don't have to, I'd just like to help!! Good luck on this, I'll be looking out on it.

kekkan
Tumblr: kek-kan
Deviantart: kek-kan

#9 Post by kekkan »

So cute!! I'd definitely play this.