[CANCELLED] Amartia Seven [ gxb ][ fantasy ]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Valhalla
Regular

Re: Amartia Seven [ gxb ][ fantasy ]

#16 Post by Valhalla »

Emilily wrote:I. You and I should be best buddies; I absolutely love a dark story as well!
Haha! We totally should be~
Emilily wrote:II. Ahaha, I guess this is payback for only making Ronan's and Ivor's route half certain -laughs evilly-.
Well that's just mean, haha.
Emilily wrote:III. Allen? Flirty? Think again, haha. Destin. . .yes, his route will not be the most brightest route, so if you're looking for something gritty, Destin is definitely the way to go with the game!

I meant Rui not Allen, my bad!
Emilily wrote:V. Well, you may or may not have overthought it, but you got them all right! Kudos to you. Though there's no reward, it's nice to know that the characters are distinguishable in your eyes.

YES! It was worth the five minutes I spend working it out!
Image Image Image

Emilily
Regular

#17 Post by Emilily »

Valhalla wrote:YES! It was worth the five minutes I spend working it out!
Nice to see you again, Valhalla! (*≧ω≦*) My goodness, you spent five minutes working it out? That must mean they are pretty subtle, but to be completely honest, that's what I am aiming for; where is the fun if you know it before you even play the game which sin the dolls are based upon at first glance? Though I guess five minutes sort of took me by surprise, I hope it's something that you are proud of getting, since you were the first to get all of them right!

Anyways, an update is that the staffing list has been added to the first post (including some new additions: Valhalla, who will be doing the screen interface (UI) for this game, clevercat15, who will be doing background art, and Alice Malice, who did the wonderful logo for the game). Also, here is a little progress report on Amartia Seven, as we did believe we made a bit of progress! Remember any field not listed means the percentage is 0%, and percentages are not completely accurate.
  • Demo draft: 65%
    Editing: 30% (folie did a bit of editing, too!)
    Concept art: 50%
    Music: 22%
Also, I would like to take some time to thank these people who were kind enough to take these jobs. I would like to give a little shoutout to their current projects (as of 01/20/17), so please do take some time to go check them out when you have the chance; all are interesting projects worth your time!
Valhalla (UI artist) Alice Malice (Logo artist) clevercat15 (Background artist)
  • As far as I know, she's not working on any of her own personal project(s), but she is a great person to work with! A big thanks for joining~ and also a big thanks to Valhalla and Alice Malice as well for working with us to strive to make this project the real deal!

Emilily
Regular

#18 Post by Emilily »

Hello, guys!
folie, our artist for Amartia Seven, has created Rui, who represents the sin of Lust. This is merely a sketch, and not anything concretely official in regards to sprites. Sketches like this will be done for every character, eventually. Additionally, there will most likely be an illustration featuring some or all the characters on St. Patrick's Day! Please stay tuned! Anyways, the sketch! Please tell us how you think, and enjoy!
( Bigger size )

Amberbaum
Regular

#19 Post by Amberbaum »

Damn, this looks really good......and the drawing is really pretty. (I love the lightening on the hair and the details of his jacket)

Good luck!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#20 Post by Zelan »

Hmm, that's interesting. I was expecting there to be a lot of red in his design, for Lust. The hairstyle suits him - I like it a lot.

Emilily
Regular

#21 Post by Emilily »

Amberbaum wrote:Damn, this looks really good......and the drawing is really pretty. (I love the lightening on the hair and the details of his jacket)

Good luck!
Hi there, Amber! Thank you so much for the feedback. I'm sure that folie will be happy to hear how you think on the art; she is doing a great job and has been awesome! I love the hairstyle as well; the entirety of the team voted on which hairstyle would fit Rui (the flirtatious type) the best. Thank you for the good lucks; we will carry this through. The demo should be coming sometime as well, so we encourage you to keep an eye out if you are interested.
Zelan wrote:Hmm, that's interesting. I was expecting there to be a lot of red in his design, for Lust. The hairstyle suits him - I like it a lot.
Hi, Zelan! It's great to see you again. As far as I remember, there will be a lot of red for Ray's design. In fact, HarukaNami, one of the co writers for this project, has come up with the general color scheme of each of the characters, which I feel like keeping a secret for now; you will know all their schemes once you see them, I promise you that. However, now you know that Rui's blue and not red, haha!

Emilily
Regular

#22 Post by Emilily »

Good news, guys!
Another character sketch from folie, artist of Amartia Seven, or A7 for short. This time, it's Destin, who corresponds with the sin of Greed. She has done a great job with all the art for the game, and it's exciting to share it here! Unfortunately, it is water marked like Rui's to be safe and prevent art thieves. Anyways, enjoy! Do tell us how you think!
( Bigger Size )

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Zelan »

Oooh, that's nice. He looks like a rich nobleman, which fits the theme of Greed very well. I'm interested in the book that he's holding.

Amberbaum
Regular

#24 Post by Amberbaum »

Silver, gold and black. Good choice. Same goes for his skin and hair colour. He reminds me of a military man and a navy merchant from the 17th-18th century.

Emilily
Regular

#25 Post by Emilily »

Zelan wrote:Oooh, that's nice. He looks like a rich nobleman, which fits the theme of Greed very well. I'm interested in the book that he's holding.
-coughs-
You will find out when the entire game is out, so don't worry about being left in the dust~
Destin is sort of a nobleman indeed, especially in terms of his appearance; I think it also fits the theme very well. The saying that great minds do think alike therefore must be true, no? I don't know... maybe or maybe not, haha.
Amberbaum wrote:Silver, gold and black. Good choice. Same goes for his skin and hair colour. He reminds me of a military man and a navy merchant from the 17th-18th century.
Yeah; the main color scheme we were all aiming for is actually yellow, but gold probably fits the Greed theme a bit better. I love the skin tone and the hair color; I believe the other option for the hair color was blonde (with blue eyes), but that option ended up getting put down, since we decide character appearances by voting within the team. Hm, I would say he is more of a military man than a navy merchant; you're on the right track!

Emilily
Regular

#26 Post by Emilily »

Another art update is incoming!
Yes, this time, it's of Selvin, who is based off of the sin of Envy. As always, the artwork is done by folie, who is doing an amazing job with the art assets! Just to be extra clear: Selvin's appearance is purposefully feminine, and yes, he is a guy. Anyways, do tell us what you think; it will always help motivate us and improve as well.
( Bigger Size )

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#27 Post by Zelan »

He looks super emo. cx I like the touch of green (like green with envy) but I also like that you didn't saturate his design with green. I am curious why you purposefully went for a more feminine guy, but I get the feeling that might be a bit of a spoiler.

Amberbaum
Regular

#28 Post by Amberbaum »

Yeah, the color green suits the sin he embodies. As for his feminine design - I don't know? It's not to over the top, but he sure does look like an goth/punk pipsqueak rather then a feminine man.

Hm, I can picture him being often treated like a little kid or him having complexes.

Emilily
Regular

#29 Post by Emilily »

Zelan wrote:He looks super emo. cx I like the touch of green (like green with envy) but I also like that you didn't saturate his design with green. I am curious why you purposefully went for a more feminine guy, but I get the feeling that might be a bit of a spoiler.
Hi again! Yes, I do have to agree that he is kind of emo, now that you mention it. The primary goal with Selvin though was his feminine appearance, because that is completely intentional! Feel free to guess why if you feel like you know. Even I would have been a little bit irked if he had been entirely green; just enough for you to know the general color scheme. As for why he looks that way... It is very much involved in the backstory, and thus I can't reveal it right now. You will find out by the end of his route, I promise. Thanks for stopping by and your support! ❤️
Amberbaum wrote:Yeah, the color green suits the sin he embodies. As for his feminine design - I don't know? It's not to over the top, but he sure does look like an goth/punk pipsqueak rather then a feminine man.

Hm, I can picture him being often treated like a little kid or him having complexes.
Haha, a pipsqueak cracked me up, admittedly! I agree that green does fit — you can thank HarukaNami for the help on the color scheme~ He is supposed to look like a girl to some extent, as I have said before, because of his past, which is indeed dark like the others.
Another art update of Ray!
That's right — folie has been a great artist with the help of a fellow artist (officially entitled to the chibi artist role, tarunarei (who is working away in Aria's concept). Any feedback is appreciated once again. Since Ray's backstory is being developed by another new recruit as a co writer, Kiara, Ray's design may change a lot in the final product. The image is watermarked for safety purposes. The staffing list will be updated in a later date.
( Bigger size )

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#30 Post by Zelan »

I like his design a lot! His face definitely gives that "protector" sort of vibe, which goes along with one part of his personality, but then on the other hand you've got all that bright red representing his bloodlust. I like that the red is also offset with black and white, though - too much red would've made him hard to look at.