[CANCELLED] Amartia Seven [ gxb ][ fantasy ]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Amberbaum
Regular

Re: Amartia Seven [ gxb ][ fantasy ]

#31 Post by Amberbaum »

His clothing design looks very stylish and modern - but then also not so modern. I like his hairstyle and are generally very fond of bright red hair :3. It complements his eye colour.

I have to agree with Zelan that his colour-scheme suits the "other person". It's funny but white and black aren't really considered colours. They are more like indicators of light or absence of light (absorption of all light-frequencies) - could be a good analogy to the two people inhabiting this body with a little bit grey in the middle like grey is considered the mix between black and white as a colour (There has to be middle ground between those two. From the sound of it looks like he has a spilt-personality and even if it's a demon or something magical nothing about it sounds healthy).

Some would even say that those shades can be considered as a state or condition.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#32 Post by Zelan »

Amberbaum wrote:I have to agree with Zelan that his colour-scheme suits the "other person". It's funny but white and black aren't really considered colours. They are more like indicators of light or absence of light (absorption of all light-frequencies) - could be a good analogy to the two people inhabiting this body with a little bit grey in the middle like grey is considered the mix between black and white as a colour (There has to be middle ground between those two. From the sound of it looks like he has a spilt-personality and even if it's a demon or something magical nothing about it sounds healthy).
Oooh, I didn't even think about that. Nice observation! :D

Emilily
Regular

#33 Post by Emilily »

Amberbaum wrote:I have to agree with Zelan that his colour-scheme suits the "other person". It's funny but white and black aren't really considered colours. They are more like indicators of light or absence of light (absorption of all light-frequencies) - could be a good analogy to the two people inhabiting this body with a little bit grey in the middle like grey is considered the mix between black and white as a colour (There has to be middle ground between those two. From the sound of it looks like he has a spilt-personality and even if it's a demon or something magical nothing about it sounds healthy).
Yes, black and white are scientifically not colors, but everybody does consider black and white to be a color. Actually, his split personality doesn't come from anything fantastical or mythical; there is no demons or spirits possessing his body that causes him to have this split-persona gist. Now that you bring up the observation though, I realize that it is true. I actually never really noticed that. I agree with Zelan that it is indeed a great observation!
Zelan wrote:I like his design a lot! His face definitely gives that "protector" sort of vibe, which goes along with one part of his personality, but then on the other hand you've got all that bright red representing his bloodlust. I like that the red is also offset with black and white, though - too much red would've made him hard to look at.
Thank you! I'm sure folie would be happy to hear that! Red was the color scheme that Haruka had come up with, and I'm glad she did, because I agree wholeheartedly that red fits him especially representing bloodlust. I have to agree too much red is hard to look at - it isn't really appealing to have mostly one color dominate the rest in clothing. I think that all the outfits are designed so that it's not too much of the color scheme, but still kind of made easy to tell what color scheme it is.

Anyways, it has been a while since I dropped by here! I'm still recovering, but I am not yet at 100%, but I am gradually working on it! The team has been a little bit quiet for a while, but we have finally come back (generally) after what we needed to do in our own lives! folie and Josou talk a lot on the group chat, and it's always fun to see them interact; they get along really well with each other, haha! As always percentages may be inaccurate, but hopefully it will give you a general idea on where we're at right now!
  • Demo draft: 80%
    Editing: 80%
    Concept art: 60%
    Music: 35% (?)
    n e w ! UI: 10%
    n e w ! BGs: 40% (?)