Working On A Visual Novel (Really Slow Progress)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Dollarluigi
Regular
Completed: Winter Dream, School For The Friendless
Tumblr: Rehnchoro
Deviantart: Dollarluigi
Soundcloud: Dollarluigi

Working On A Visual Novel (Really Slow Progress)

#1 Post by Dollarluigi »

So, I somewhat recently decided to make a visual novel and I'm recycling some old ideas. The thing is, though, I'm definitely going to need some help. I've got the writing mainly covered, but I could probably use somebody to make revisions later on and help improve the writing. I've been told I'm a pretty good writer, so we'll just see how it goes. I know I'll need help with art such as backgrounds, character sprites, and possibly CGs. I also can't really compose music to save my life. Well, I know I've made a few tracks, but I'm so inexperienced that I can't have something specific in mind when I start and never know what the result will be. So I'll need someone better at that. Next would be sound effects; that should be one of the easier things to do, but my mic isn't the best, so I hope somebody with a better quality one can help. I have no idea yet where and how everything will be used in the game, but I'll find out eventually. So, if you want to help, you can... I don't know how much progress will be made on this, but we'll see.

-Here are the positions-
Writers: Dollarluigi, VulcanSpear, Crazyjc
Editor*: Flybyty
Background Artist: TBD
Character Artist: TBD
CG Artist*: TBD
Music: AJtheprogrammer
SFX: TBD
Voice Actors*: SandiestComet

I used an "*" for parts I'm really not certain about.
Suffering a rare condition is one of the worst things you could ever experience because no one understands a thing.

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Reddit deviantArt

FriendlySenpai
Regular
Projects: Daddy Lies, Novus Inceptum

Re: Working On A Visual Novel (Really Slow Progress)

#2 Post by FriendlySenpai »

Considering that your post is only talking about finding people to work on this, as opposed to pitching an idea for feedback, I think you might have better luck in the Recruitment & Services Offered subforum.

Dollarluigi
Regular

#3 Post by Dollarluigi »

I don't know when I'll have an update for this project, but I do have another which is progressing nicely and I should be able to reveal details very soon.
Suffering a rare condition is one of the worst things you could ever experience because no one understands a thing.

Dollarluigi
Regular

#4 Post by Dollarluigi »

UPDATE: I'm not working on this anymore. Don't know if I'll return to it one day but for now, this is what I'm working on: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=45546

Krytzl
Deviantart: Krytzl

#5 Post by Krytzl »

Oh, well. I guess I'm late, but do you have other concepts in mind? I would really like to help out as an illustrator.

Dollarluigi
Regular

#6 Post by Dollarluigi »

I don't really have a lot I'm working on right now: just Fixing Things and a side-project. Although, my brother is working on an idea right now.