The Sins of Pandora [B/G/N X B/G/N][Modern/Fantasy/Romance]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
MercyMayhem
Projects: The Sins of Pandora
Tumblr: itsmercymayhem
Deviantart: itsmercymayhem
itch: mercymayhem

The Sins of Pandora [B/G/N X B/G/N][Modern/Fantasy/Romance]

#1 Post by MercyMayhem »

Hello! My name is Mercy Mayhem. I've had this idea rattling around in my brain for about a year or so and it's finally starting to take shape but it's currently in the concept stage (Art, writing, ideas, etc;). I won't go into too much detail, but here it is.

Basics:
- 8 Romance options [3 male, 3 female, 1 indistinguishable/no gendered, 1 Bonus option]
- MC can either be female, male, or unspecified (They/Them)

Characters:
- The romance options are demigods, born of various mythological gods.
- Each one has a goal in the route that will dictate the outcome.
- MC/YOU: Modern day college student with a small group of friends. They like to play games with and play pranks on each other, all around just a happy-go-lucky bunch. ^-^

Story [Snippet of my basic outline]:
- You and a group of friends are playing a game of truth or dare in an old abandoned mansion. The dare is that the you have to stay the night. There are ghost stories of ghosts haunting the halls and mishaps throughout the night.
- After you reluctantly agree to stay, the friends leave you in the house by yourself.
- After an hour or so, the you start to explore.
- Choice 1: Upstairs or Leave?
- Leave: Spoilers!
- Upstairs: You go up stairs and look around.
- Choice 2: Library, Study, or Master Bedroom?
- Library: You explore an old library and find a book fallen from the shelf. Pick it up and read - Spoilers!
- Master Bedroom: You find the master bedroom. You find a side table, should you choose to look in it - Spoilers!
- Study: You find an old painting of a pale woman but the eyes are torn away. You notice the portrait is ajar. Push it open to reveal - Spoilers!
- Once the door is opened, you find - Spoilers!
- Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!

Art:
- Currently working on concept art with some friendly artists, but still keeping an eye on the forums for new threads.

Writing:
- Currently I am the main writer, but I have a team all dedicated to one route per person, that way no story is the same. I am still keeping my eye on the forums for this as well.

Coding:
- I have ONE coder, that's it.

- No music yet
- No VA's yet

I am open to ideas, offers, and what have you and would highly appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism on this.

I hope I put it in the correct place. -.-

Yunou
Regular

Re: The Sins of Pandora [B/G/N X B/G/N][Modern/Fantasy/Roman

#2 Post by Yunou »

I like any kind of god-type story, so this could be really fun.

I don't think there is enough description here, though, for me to give any real input.

My suggestion is that you could have the group of college kids be Classics majors so they'll already be a bit familiar with the parents of the romance options. Back in some of my classes, we looked at and translated ancient lead curse tablets or read/translated Homeric hymns and prayers to the Greek and Roman gods. If your MC or MC's friends are nerds, that could lend itself to plot.

MercyMayhem

#3 Post by MercyMayhem »

Yunou wrote:I like any kind of god-type story, so this could be really fun.

I don't think there is enough description here, though, for me to give any real input.

My suggestion is that you could have the group of college kids be Classics majors so they'll already be a bit familiar with the parents of the romance options. Back in some of my classes, we looked at and translated ancient lead curse tablets or read/translated Homeric hymns and prayers to the Greek and Roman gods. If your MC or MC's friends are nerds, that could lend itself to plot.
That's actually a terrific idea! Thank you!

I may add more to it soon, once I'm comfortable with the amount that we've finished.

Katherine

#4 Post by Katherine »

Sounds interesting.

MercyMayhem

#5 Post by MercyMayhem »

Giving this a bump bc we're still working on it